John Sutton Returns

Don't say too much, he's lining up a lot of humble pie. ????????

In fairness, I suspect Sutton will yet sign for Saints, but Div confidently predicted that it would happen earlier in the week. Let's face it, though, it has given us something to spout our typical drivel about this week, so no real harm done.

In fairness, I suspect Sutton will yet sign for Saints, but Div confidently predicted that it would happen earlier in the week. Let's face it, though, it has given us something to spout our typical drivel about this week, so no real harm done.

Agreed, light hearted banter during the close season keeps us ticking over.Like you say, no harm meant or done.

Now gies a signing !

Personally I would rather no transfers were hinted at, "confirmed" or spoken about confidently till after the official confirmation.

By all means have a speculative blether but having been caught out in the past from signings breaking down at a late stage, I really don't see the advantage of this kind of "revelation".

But if he has already signed and div knows this for a fact, then I can't see any disadvantage.

If the move is already complete then it can't break down!

Mo Johnston, Sellik?

There will be numerous examples.

That said, I don't think Div "announcing" it on here would lead to a flurry of agent activity as other clubs are alerted to Sutton's availability. It has been known about for weeks, now.

There will be numerous examples.

That said, I don't think Div "announcing" it on here would lead to a flurry of agent activity as other clubs are alerted to Sutton's availability. It has been known about for weeks, now.

Eli Manning - San Diego Chargers. That was a cracker. The photos of him almost bubbling with tears as he held up the Chargers jersey are something else. I digress....

This isn't in the rumour mill as my info is that the deal is done.

I've heard nothing to the contrary to say that information was wrong.

As such I'm leaving the topic here and refusing to move it to the rumour mill. And if you don't like that, bite me :-)

This isn't in the rumour mill as my info is that the deal is done.

I've heard nothing to the contrary to say that information was wrong.

As such I'm leaving the topic here and refusing to move it to the rumour mill. And if you don't like that, bite me :-)

I wasn't having a go at you personally... Just saying that my preference would be for threads like this to wait till after an official announcement as I really cannot see what the gain is... whereas I can see the potential down sides.

Your reply does seem to smack of arrogant defiance.

You've made my point for me Drew.

Ian Harte hadn't signed...

We all (including Gus) pretty much thought he had.

If the manager thinks a player has all but signed, isn't it just possible that Div's source might be on less solid ground?

WHO????

Peyton's less talented wee brother. A cracking 'transfer collapse' saga. The Chargers never wanted him, he never wanted to go to the Chargers. Behind the scenes moves to do a trade were ongoing, but at the NFL draft a complete omnishambles clusterfcuk saw the Chargers actually announce him as their draft pick. Eli goes through the whole charade of walking on stage and holding up a Chargers jersey, with a face that made it look like the jersey was covered in dug' shite. His family lined up beside him trying to paste on a happy smile. Then behind the scenes, the Chargers and Giants did a trade and Eli joined the Giants with Philip Rivers joining the Chargers. Chargers fans rated Eli Manning as the best quarterback of the two and wanted him, but Manning wanted the Chargers about as much as Div wants a Morton Mankini.

Anyway. There you go. Gie's a fcuking signing.

Edited by pozbaird