John Sutton Returns

Sutton is a reasonable striker for the Scottish Championship, provided he gets a player that can cross a ball to him( Carey) would be ideal, however I doubt it will be him given the wages he will be on at Plymouth Argyle, but I would not be impressed if Lappin was signed, he has lost a lot of his pace since he was last with us.

Sutton is a reasonable striker for the Scottish Championship, provided he gets a player that can cross a ball to him( Carey) would be ideal, however I doubt it will be him given the wages he will be on at Plymouth Argyle, but I would not be impressed if Lappin was signed, he has lost a lot of his pace since he was last with us.

Lappin didn't have pace in the first place!

I was always a fan of Lappin but he never had pace, at all. He delivered the ball in from wide areas, I actually don't remember him beating a man

I've got the fear.

Don't doubt Div, but Rae did say he was hopeful of getting a deal done this week as long as no one else came in for him before then. Now the cats out the bag, I wonder if his agent is getting other last minute offers...

I'm sure it's fine.

Sutton is and always was a mercenary. Done a job for us though. I do think however that neither Raith nor Ayr would substantially top an offer from us and the fact he was a success with us before should make a decision towards us a fairly straight forward one.

St Mirren have already been linked with the 32-year-old attacker, who was a fringe player with Saints last season, and Wright has confirmed Raith Rovers and Ayr United have both expressed an interest in him.

“One or two have to go out and if that happens hopefully we can bring another player in over the summer,” he said.

“There has been interest in John from Ian McCall at Ayr United and I’m sure some other clubs are talking to his agent.

“I was also speaking to Gary Locke at Raith Rovers and he asked about John during the conversation.

“It is unfortunate John hasn’t played as many games here as he’d have liked but he could certainly do a job at another club. I expect there will be a few managers interested.”

- The Courier. 7/6/15

Sutton is and always was a mercenary.

So are most players these days, and I'm not having a go at them. It's a different world from the days Jim McLean had a group of talented players tied up to thirty-year contracts worth thruppence ha'penny and a fish supper after each away game.

So are most players these days, and I'm not having a go at them. It's a different world from the days Jim McLean had a group of talented players tied up to thirty-year contracts worth thruppence ha'penny and a fish supper after each away game.

I have confidence in our manager and our bigger budget.

Yeah totally. I wasn't particularly having a go as I can't blame him in a finite career. Was more alluding to the fact that neither other mentioned team is likely to offer enough more coin than us to swing it and that given his history with us I'd be very surprised to see him not choose us from the discussed teams.

I've got the fear.

Don't doubt Div, but Rae did say he was hopeful of getting a deal done this week as long as no one else came in for him before then. Now the cats out the bag, I wonder if his agent is getting other last minute offers...

I'm sure it's fine.

It's been an open secret that John Sutton was available. Had a year of his contract left in Perth but I think mutually agreed to leave.

Was between us, Raith and Ayr by all accounts. Never really in any doubt then!

If he has signed , why no announcement from the club ? Could well be there saving it till the club reveals the new strip ...?

That is it in a nutshell.

Sutton paraded to the Media, while wearing new Top, in February.

More like April the first.

Indeed Jaked One.

The new strip for Season 2016/17 should have been paraded and up for sale in the St Mirren Shop on APRIL THE FIRST 2016.

Just in time for Spring.

Bloody disgrace presently.

Good signing, although he did kind of fall off the radar lately.

Hopefully this means Clarkson is just intended as a back-up striker. I'd hope for Sutton + one other as the main strikeforce, Gallagher also moving up there when required.

As others have said, it does also mean we should expect to see movement to bring wingers with a decent delivery in to the club.

I hope the rumour is unfounded as I really believe Sutton's best day are 'Well behind him. He did nothing of note at Saintees and I can't see him and Clarkson starting at the same time in an AR team. Waste of what's likely to be a hefty paypacket.