John Sutton Returns

With Irvine and Stewart I do not see him signing another left back.

Agreed.

In Rae's interview he says that once he can get this week's signing done (presumably Sutton) then that leaves scope for 3 or 4 more players.

He specifically mentions needing strikers (plural), a goalkeeper and a left sided player.

Therefore, I take that as meaning that once he gets Sutton, another striker, a keeper and a left sided player then that may be it. Maybe space for just one more but I doubt it'll be a left back.

Agreed.

In Rae's interview he says that once he can get this week's signing done (presumably Sutton) then that leaves scope for 3 or 4 more players.

He specifically mentions needing strikers (plural), a goalkeeper and a left sided player.

Therefore, I take that as meaning that once he gets Sutton, another striker, a keeper and a left sided player then that may be it. Maybe space for just one more but I doubt it'll be a left back.

I think more likely need a right-back than a left-back if we were still strengthening at the back. If required Naismith will go to right centre-half which in time will probably be his natural position and we could do with some cover for right back although Irvine can probably play either side.

I think more likely need a right-back than a left-back if we were still strengthening at the back. If required Naismith will go to right centre-half which in time will probably be his natural position and we could do with some cover for right back although Irvine can probably play either side.

Irvine is a right back that can play left side. I would be amazed if we signed another right back.

Guest TPAFKATS

Albeit, he scored 22 league goals in season 13/14 with Motherwell as a lone striker.

Really? He didn't have someone with pace playing off of him?

Irvine is a right back that can play left side. I would be amazed if we signed another right back.

Which is a fair point but if we take Irvine from left back and make him right back then we're back to looking for a full-back, as Irvine can't play both sides at the same time. If Irvine is to be right back then we need a left back. All reliant on Naismith going to centre-half of course.

Which is a fair point but if we take Irvine from left back and make him right back then we're back to looking for a full-back, as Irvine can't play both sides at the same time. If Irvine is to be right back then we need a left back. All reliant on Naismith going to centre-half of course.

I'd imagine Stewart would play left-back. I don't really see us signing anymore defenders to be honest.

Unless we sign a left-midfielder who can play at left-back.

How many goals did Thompson score the season before he came to us?

Just asking.

Firstly. Thompson played at a higher level for all of his career, (I dispute that Saintees or 'Well were that much higher).

Secondly. My gripe isn't only that I feel he's done. It's also that we have already signed a "top league", slowish striker so one of them will be a luxury and a well paid one at that.

Simply because their is no confirmation as of yet and secondly I did not realise he had not been freed by St.Johnstone.

And this has been confirmed where?

There isn't an individual who has posted on this thread who has a concrete fact about the signing (or not) of Sutton.

It started as a rumour and still is IMO.