John Sutton Returns

Has young John actually signed for us or are we still operating on the basis of a Div-ulged (see what I did) story?

Div is normally reliable unlike, well any of you, but he has been wrong before.

Who was it last year, Christian Nade was it? I cannae mind but one of you mere mortals will!

It was thon French boy that played with Hamilton was it not?

Local rag in Ayrshire has McCall quoted as saying he is speaking to John Sutton about a move to Ayr ! Given that went to print only yesterday and they let their top earner go to Dumbarton today (albeit he was free to do so) I hope we are not going to be "Harted" here.

Perhaps it only went to print yesterday but the story was probably written last week as it would have been set on Monday. Local weekly papers are old news before they are printed.

Local rag in Ayrshire has McCall quoted as saying he is speaking to John Sutton about a move to Ayr ! Given that went to print only yesterday and they let their top earner go to Dumbarton today (albeit he was free to do so) I hope we are not going to be "Harted" here.

Local papers are notoriously days late with the news. Look at the PDE.

Let's face it, we know the world has gone to f**k when we are almost resigned to the concept of Ayr United - yes, that is AYR UNITED - nicking a player from under our noses.

If evidence were needed that we are operating in a very different world from even a few short years ago, this is it.

I believe Ayr can offer part time football, which may be appealing to someone of Johns age.

If they offer him that and a the chairman sets him up with a full time job the total salary could be more than what we could pay him. Plus the fact he will be preparing for life after his career ends.

Let's face it, we know the world has gone to f**k when we are almost resigned to the concept of Ayr United - yes, that is AYR UNITED - nicking a player from under our noses.

If evidence were needed that we are operating in a very different world from even a few short years ago, this is it.

Indeed.

I mean, it's not as if we once lost our top striker, Martin Cameron, to the likes of Gretna in the 3rd Division.

Oh wait...

Edited by nosferatu

I believe Ayr can offer part time football, which may be appealing to someone of Johns age.

If they offer him that and a the chairman sets him up with a full time job the total salary could be more than what we could pay him. Plus the fact he will be preparing for life after his career ends.

Aye, well I suppose looking at his career to date, its about time his life started.wink.png

Has young John actually signed for us or are we still operating on the basis of a Div-ulged (see what I did) story?

Who was it last year, Christian Nade was it? I cannae mind but one of you mere mortals will!

Mickael Antoine Curier?

I don't sign the players myself, so of course I get things wrong from time to time but I don't think my record on players is too bad!

All I do is piece together bits of info I hear and join up the dots.

This one is as solid as it gets. Sutton will be playing for us next season.