Livingston V St Mirren League Cup Group G 16/7/16

shull

Not sure if it has been mentioned according to radio scotland we are adding a wide player with pace on Monday. E joked the game not a classic but we won that's the bottom line. Look at Dundee Unt and Falkirk for a reality check k. We will get stronger with more games under our belt.

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Erm, well I hate to point out the obvious, but as you have said yourself this was the first competitive match of the season. You would expect players to be ready for the new season by now. Alex Rae said he didn't take on too many friendlies cause he was worried about injuries to a paper thin squad. That's fair enough, it's his choice, but it's perfectly correct to look at performance levels in competitive matches. Would you have been quite as forgiving had the result gone the other way - as it looked like it might well do before Morgan grabbed an unexpected equaliser?

And to address your other acerbic point, are only St Mirren supporters allowed to attend St Mirren matches? I didn't notice the restriction listed anywhere outside of the stadium. If only I'd have known I could have saved myself the £12 admission, the £5 car park charge, and the frustration of watching some prick in a Polo driving erratically around Livingston. :rolleyes:

You are clearly on the wind up here mate.  FFS it is ONE game and you think a team should be fully match fit?  In many sports it can take players time to get up to speed and a few games - Tennis for example. You have heard commentators talking about players not peaking too early?  We won the game by the way with a team not fully up to speed.  As for attending football games that is was not the issue.  You are the acerbic one who has nothing positive to say about a team you openly proclaim not to support.  Why bother going along if all you can contribute is negativity on this forum along with one or two others?  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, including you but you seem to revel in mudslinging about anything to do with St Mirren FC.  If you want to see a silky football then go watch the English game as you won't find any of it up here.  Save yourself the entrance fee in future and spend it on something that makes you happy.

If we had lost yesterday then of course  I would have been disappointed.  I also realise that it takes a few games for the team and new players to gel and would be looking forward to seeing a better performance in future matches.  Just like fans of Falkirk, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Hamilton who either lost or struggled against lower league sides.  I am also sure Celtic fans whose team were pathetic in midweek are confident of winning the league and that performance was a blip.  

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

You are clearly on the wind up here mate.  FFS it is ONE game and you think a team should be fully match fit?  In many sports it can take players time to get up to speed and a few games - Tennis for example. You have heard commentators talking about players not peaking too early?  We won the game by the way with a team not fully up to speed.  As for attending football games that is was not the issue.  You are the acerbic one who has nothing positive to say about a team you openly proclaim not to support.  Why bother going along if all you can contribute is negativity on this forum along with one or two others?  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, including you but you seem to revel in mudslinging about anything to do with St Mirren FC.  If you want to see a silky football then go watch the English game as you won't find any of it up here.  Save yourself the entrance fee in future and spend it on something that makes you happy.

If we had lost yesterday then of course  I would have been disappointed.  I also realise that it takes a few games for the team and new players to gel and would be looking forward to seeing a better performance in future matches.  Just like fans of Falkirk, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Hamilton who either lost or struggled against lower league sides.  I am also sure Celtic fans whose team were pathetic in midweek are confident of winning the league and that performance was a blip.  

Oh dear. Nothing positive? I guess I should take back my praise of Lewis Morgan, David Clarkson and Gary Irvine then? :rolleyes: 

I'm not at the wind up. I'm not even being confrontational. It's you that has taken issue with an honest opinion that I have posted. An opinion I should point out that hasn't been countered or denied by anyone who was at the match, and an opinion you're only argument against appears to be that you think it's OK for professional players to not be fully prepared in time for their first competitive football match of the season - which is fair enough I guess if you are happy to accept poor performances and defeats in the opening matches of any season. 

As for your assertion that I won't see any silky football in Scotland, well again you may well be right. It's a fairly sad statement about the Scottish game, but then perhaps there is a clue as to where at least part of the problem lies when so called "football fans" like yourself are so determined to send paying customers packing, making it clear they shouldn't expect any quality for their buck up here. 

I will be travelling down the M74 on a number of occasions this season as I have done for a number of years now since giving up my St Mirren season ticket and I've no doubt I'll enjoy it. I suppose I'll have to consider your comments though if my son asks me along to Greenhill Road with him this season and I'll just have to tell him that I won't be going because nedflanders123 said I should go elsewhere. :rolleyes: 

11 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Oh dear. Nothing positive? I guess I should take back my praise of Lewis Morgan, David Clarkson and Gary Irvine then? :rolleyes: 

I'm not at the wind up. I'm not even being confrontational. It's you that has taken issue with an honest opinion that I have posted. An opinion I should point out that hasn't been countered or denied by anyone who was at the match, and an opinion you're only argument against appears to be that you think it's OK for professional players to not be fully prepared in time for their first competitive football match of the season - which is fair enough I guess if you are happy to accept poor performances and defeats in the opening matches of any season. 

As for your assertion that I won't see any silky football in Scotland, well again you may well be right. It's a fairly sad statement about the Scottish game, but then perhaps there is a clue as to where at least part of the problem lies when so called "football fans" like yourself are so determined to send paying customers packing, making it clear they shouldn't expect any quality for their buck up here. 

I will be travelling down the M74 on a number of occasions this season as I have done for a number of years now since giving up my St Mirren season ticket and I've no doubt I'll enjoy it. I suppose I'll have to consider your comments though if my son asks me along to Greenhill Road with him this season and I'll just have to tell him that I won't be going because nedflanders123 said I should go elsewhere. :rolleyes: 

Do us a favour and take stupid appearance elvis with you. :lol:

Ignore the troll. His entire life revolves around this website.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Black & White Army mobile app

While I'm not convinced that we will play too much pretty free flowing football this season or see many exciting performances I have a sneaky feeling that this season there will not be a huge difference in the points totals from 1st to 7th and I think Rae may lead us to a 2nd placed finish. I don't think we'll be much easier on the eye than Queen of the South, Raith and Morton but I think we'll edge them out over the course of the season fairly comfortably and overtake narrowly Hibs and Falkirk. 

• 2 weeks later...