Challenge Cup

Shocking stuff. The idea of inviting Northern Ireland and Welsh sides isn't *that* bad on its own.

Premiership U20 sides though? St. Mirren vs Ross Co U20s on a Tuesday night. That's frankly insulting.

If they wanted to expand so badly, there are plenty of Highland and Lowland or Junior sides who would be happy to be invited.

Edited by djchapsticks

4x highland league and 4 X lowland league teams enter at round 1 also.

Imagine saints draw Spartans at home (round 3), we then play crusaders away (round 4) then Tns in the quarters away, how the f**k does that bring in any extra cash to our club??

Barking really not least in terms of travel to NI or Wales. If you want under 20 players to play against seniors reintroduce a reserve league. We could just play our under 20 team in the competition and the SPFL couldn't make a counter argument.

That's exactly what we should do. The whole thing is humiliating for clubs like ours.

Barking really not least in terms of travel to NI or Wales. If you want under 20 players to play against seniors reintroduce a reserve league. We could just play our under 20 team in the competition and the SPFL couldn't make a counter argument.

Agreed, play it as competitive games for under 20's and players coming back from injury possibly, absolute bonkers if we have to go all over the UK to play in this cup - a certain strain on our finances

What a shocking idea this is. The introduction of say highland league and lowland teams would have been reasonable in early rounds, but As has been said it is quite frankly insulting that we could be playing for example Inverness u20's away on a Tuesday night. And the fact that we could have a scenario where 2 Welsh teams, or a Welsh and northern Irish club are contesting the final of the "Scottish" challenge cup is bizarre.

From a Dude on Pie & Bovril

Great Post

David W, on 08 Jun 2016 - 23:26, said:snapback.png

Absolutely this. Make no mistake, they are treading the water here to see if there's a backlash before these teams are introduced in the league system. Comments from the OF, Strachan, SPFL board members make that clear. They have managed to introduce this CV booster through the board and not through the clubs. That Raith statement (no reflection on their supporters) is a real low for Scottish football; patronising, insulting drivel. Who do they think they are to pass off one idiot's opinion as fact? There has to be a reaction from supporters indicating that it is unacceptable and that reaction has to be now.

Petitions may well work but these clowns have to be embarrassed. That was how the Sevco fiasco was solved; a groundswell of opinion that made the likes of Doncaster look out of his depth. Supporters should boycott all matches with the exception of televised games, which should be subject to walkouts, banners and abusive chanting. Those who aren't sitting reading this stuff on the internet need informed. The television companies/sponsors need to be told that supporters are against this and it is damaging to their reputation to be associated with such a mess.

If you stand back and do nothing then you deserve what is coming in a couple of years time.

Yeah I'm not one in favour of hysteria and boycotting normally but...

I won't be going to watch St Mirren in any Challenge Cup games this season. I went to all of ours last season and I actually quite enjoyed the competition and our run to the semi.

However I can't support this bizarre new format, I'm out.

Yeah I'm not one in favour of hysteria and boycotting normally but...

I won't be going to watch St Mirren in any Challenge Cup games this season. I went to all of ours last season and I actually quite enjoyed the competition and our run to the semi.

However I can't support this bizarre new format, I'm out.

Totally agree. I'm out.