Challenge Cup

Basicly that him and Gordon never got on from the start wasn't given enough time huge turnover in staff not enough coming in place is in turmoil.Wee Chic thinks that club is sitting on balsa wood instead of a firm footing think hes expecting the fan owner ship to collapse among other things.

Edited by elvis

New owner comes in and inherits a manager from the old regime.  If the manager isn't cutting the mustard, as Rae certainly wasn't, then there is always going to be a low threshold for a sacking.

Maybe Chick could get his consortium back together to save us from impending doom.:rolleyes:

I would not take anything Chico said as being anything near the truth, he is obviously still miffed about his consortium (of whom we never heard of or saw light of at any time apart from his ramblings) not being taken seriously. Think he found out that the previous board were just using him - poor wee soul.

Great prices but can't imagine we will take through many fans today and can't see too many Hibees attending this one either.

I do think we might just win this one. Good luck to St Mirren today and all those travelling through to back the buds.

Hibs 1 St Mirren 2

I should have gone to the bookies!:-)

2 hours ago, buddiecat said:

I would not take anything Chico said as being anything near the truth, he is obviously still miffed about his consortium (of whom we never heard of or saw light of at any time apart from his ramblings) not being taken seriously. Think he found out that the previous board were just using him - poor wee soul.

Chick should do what most St Mirren fans did. Back the club by putting what they could afford in to support the bid. 

For him to publicly rubbish the fans bid is effectively rubbishing more than 1,300 fans who backed this with their own money.

I thought he was better than that, he should be ashamed.

25 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Chick should do what most St Mirren fans did. Back the club by putting what they could afford in to support the bid. 

For him to publicly rubbish the fans bid is effectively rubbishing more than 1,300 fans who backed this with their own money.

It's ok. He backed every regime involved with his "real club".

4 hours ago, Kendo said:

Spot on . The wee bigoted oompah loompa should stay well away from the club . 

He's a charlatan .

New owner comes in and inherits a manager from the old regime.  If the manager isn't cutting the mustard, as Rae certainly wasn't, then there is always going to be a low threshold for a sacking.

Maybe Chick could get his consortium back together to save us from impending doom.:rolleyes:

That's why Alex Rae was appointed. The previous regime expected the Chic Young consortium to be the one that took over and Alex Rae was their man.

Let's hope wee Chic isn't doing any of the dinners as MC this season. Something tells me he might not get the welcome he would like.

5 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

TNS away in the next round would do for me... Would be a good weekend away.

It's closer than I thought.  On Google maps it says 270 miles from Paisley to TNS stadium, just over 4 hours by car or coach.  Would still prefer a home game so as to get my free game on the season ticket.

It's closer than I thought.  On Google maps it says 270 miles from Paisley to TNS stadium, just over 4 hours by car or coach.  Would still prefer a home game so as to get my free game on the season ticket.

Yeah, it's closer than I thought too. Would be something different and a night out in Wrexham (20min drive) after it would be a change of scenery.

TNS away....sums up the stupidity of this competition!

The SCOTTISH challenge cup, featuring a WELSH league team who play in ENGLAND!!!

Not that it would not be a good wee trip mind! Just shows how far the Scottish authorities will go to appease the ugly two!