Challenge Cup

One 'foreign' team remains. I am conflicted between making sure that only Scottish teams can win Scottish competitions and seeing a new team in a competitive arena.

I guess the perfect solution is the Real Saints getting the New Saints at the Fortress (WIP) and sending them packing.

So TNS at St Mirren Park in the next round please! 

Edited by southsidebud

1 hour ago, SBS said:

TNS away....sums up the stupidity of this competition!

The SCOTTISH challenge cup, featuring a WELSH league team who play in ENGLAND!!!

Not that it would not be a good wee trip mind! Just shows how far the Scottish authorities will go to appease the ugly two!

Their grun isnae in Engerland...   :unsure:

It disnae even sound a wee, totie bit engerlish where they ur...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7RNOD_en-GBGB583&q=Llansantffraid+United+Kingdom&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOPgE-LUz9U3MCwqLjdSAjMtyw2MU7Tks5Ot9IsL8otKiqFUfElqYq5VTn5yYklmfh4AyjPyhDkAAAA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia3bGgo87PAhWJDMAKHc5hBqMQmxMIrAEoATAW&biw=1333&bih=573

3 hours ago, tony soprano said:

Is the next round not the same weekend we are due to play QoS away in the league?
Ideal

Yes it is and I have already booked and paid for a night in a hotel near Dumfries. Of course we could draw QOS at Palmerston. ....... 

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Think you'll find they left that ground about 9/10 years ago when they merged with Oswestry Town and now play in Oswestry, which is in fact, in England!

http://www.tnsfc.co.uk/clubinfo/stadium/

Edited by SBS

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Yes it is and I have already booked and paid for a night in a hotel near Dumfries. Of course we could draw QOS at Palmerston. ....... 

In the spirit of raising suggestions - it might be beneficial if the club highlighted games that have a possibility of being changed due to possible fixture clash with a cup competition. Perhaps with those fixtures in italics on the programme fixture list, with a footnote reference to a reasonably sized message box with a relevant warning.

I know that this is relative 'small fry' compared to the bigger restructuring and cash generating issues we are trying to solve through these suggestions, but it would be another indicator that the club takes communicaiton with the fans seriously - and that seems to be one of the aims of the new board.

Especially when it helps fans avoid wasted advance travel ticket costs, or potentially getting stiffed £100 plus for accomodation due to a re-arranged away fixture.

Edited by southsidebud

13 hours ago, SBS said:

Think you'll find they left that ground about 9/10 years ago when they merged with Oswestry Town and now play in Oswestry, which is in fact, in England!

http://www.tnsfc.co.uk/clubinfo/stadium/

12 hours ago, scottd said:

Oswestry Shropshire.  Old Salopians.

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

ooops :lol:

I KNEW that...

:oops

2 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

That means a minimum of 6 games against Ayr this season! 4 in Paisley.

Absolutely!

Apparently it has been... ahem.... "arranged" that way by the SFA for the benefit of the tv companies.

A definite collapse of civilised society would ensue if there wasn't at least four games between these two footballing behemoths every season.

I think I heard someone whispering about Armageddon...