Challenge Cup

1 minute ago, munoz said:

I'd imagine a fair amount of ST holders would get a ticket for this game regardless of the Falkirk score . I know it's not the best of tournaments , but it's still a cup semi final

That's what swayed me to buy my ticket.

Just now, munoz said:

I'd imagine a fair amount of ST holders would get a ticket for this game regardless of the Falkirk score . I know it's not the best of tournaments , but it's still a cup semi final . 

You could be right but the feelgood factor might increase those numbers  so putting an early time limit on our own seats may be enough to tip the balance. A doing at the hands of the Bairns, and I hope that ain't the case, and the numbers might have diminished.

Just now, stlucifer said:

You could be right but the feelgood factor might increase those numbers  so putting an early time limit on our own seats may be enough to tip the balance. A doing at the hands of the Bairns, and I hope that ain't the case, and the numbers might have diminished.

You could be right , but as you said , let's hope a negative result dosn't happen .

Is the south stand really being given up this time, after the farce of the Spartans game where it was then wasn't, stewards didn't know that it was supposed to be closed and the club wrongly thought that season cards wouldn't work in another stand.

Are they really bringing fans to fill both N & S stands?

13 hours ago, munoz said:

I'd imagine a fair amount of ST holders would get a ticket for this game regardless of the Falkirk score . I know it's not the best of tournaments , but it's still a cup semi final . 

It says a lot about how I view this tournament that I'm swithering about attending. It's the end of the month and giving ST holders 4 days to reserve their seats for a game that's over 3 weeks away looks like a pretty obvious attempt to cash in on some rare optimism around the team this season. An extra week would've been more reasonable and helpful for me. We've got bigger fish to fry, and I'm still struggling to get excited about a tournament so obviously manufactured to suit the OF's agenda for colts and cross nation tournaments.  

Is the south stand really being given up this time, after the farce of the Spartans game where it was then wasn't, stewards didn't know that it was supposed to be closed and the club wrongly thought that season cards wouldn't work in another stand.
Are they really bringing fans to fill both N & S stands?

The way I read it is that the south stand is not being given up more that north and south stands would be closed! All fans in west and main.
Assume TNS fans will be at the end of the west.

2 hours ago, Edinbuddie said:

It says a lot about how I view this tournament that I'm swithering about attending. It's the end of the month and giving ST holders 4 days to reserve their seats for a game that's over 3 weeks away looks like a pretty obvious attempt to cash in on some rare optimism around the team this season. An extra week would've been more reasonable and helpful for me. We've got bigger fish to fry, and I'm still struggling to get excited about a tournament so obviously manufactured to suit the OF's agenda for colts and cross nation tournaments.  

That's fair enough , i think much the same as you . I'll still be dragging myself along though .

DRE V YSN

They are not invincible. They dropped points against Newtown. New Saints are the team in Green. They only have 64 points from a possible 66 now. The chink in their armour is there for JR to see. Dawdle boys. we're in the final

http://www.s4c.cymru/sgorio/e_/gem/drenewydd-seintiau-newydd-9/

Edited by East Lothian Saint
solar flares

3 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

DRE V YSN

They are not invincible. They dropped points against Newtown. New Saints are the team in Green. They only have 64 points from a possible 66 now. The chink in their armour is there for JR to see. Dawdle boys. we're in the final

http://www.s4c.cymru/sgorio/e_/gem/drenewydd-seintiau-newydd-9/

So that's 51 more points than us from a possible 66 .

Would happily lose 8-0 then 10-0 to East Fife I it meant we stayed up

We are take it seriously, Jack is taking it seriously as is the BOD and GS....  Just need the players to now and we are laughing

51 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

So that's 51 more points than us from a possible 66 .

Would happily lose 8-0 then 10-0 to East Fife I it meant we stayed up

We are take it seriously, Jack is taking it seriously as is the BOD and GS....  Just need the players to now and we are laughing

I get your drift but I'm a greedy B. I want the cup wins too. I have to make a special case for escaping work on a Saturday and "its a cup game" can swing it. Unfortunately can't be spared for EF game. will miss that  but got my ticket for IB Cup and hopefully the final too! (TNS on  a run but someone has to end it)  Next round Scottish cup and playoffs will also be justifiable excuses. Come on JR and the players. Get me a few Saturday's off.

4 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I get your drift but I'm a greedy B. I want the cup wins too. I have to make a special case for escaping work on a Saturday and "its a cup game" can swing it. Unfortunately can't be spared for EF game. will miss that  but got my ticket for IB Cup and hopefully the final too! (TNS on  a run but someone has to end it)  Next round Scottish cup and playoffs will also be justifiable excuses. Come on JR and the players. Get me a few Saturday's off.

Greedy to mate, but we are somewhat starved of anything this year............ of course I would happily win every game BUT we are not Celtic ( boring)

29 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

BUT we are not Celtic ( boring)

Thank goodness for that. I see your top man is Alex Beckett. He scored a screamer in a  2-0 win over Celtic at Park head in the 80's. (not Boring). What did we used to chant

"Alex Beckett

Show him your Leggat

and he will break it."

Great player.

Ah! happy days.

12 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Thank goodness for that. I see your top man is Alex Beckett. He scored a screamer in a  2-0 win over Celtic at Park head in the 80's. (not Boring). What did we used to chant

"Alex Beckett

Show him your Leggat

and he will break it."

Great player.

Ah! happy days.

Two things........

We beat Sellic 2-1 that day mate.

I have never heard of your Beckett song.

1 minute ago, HSS said:

Two things........

We beat Sellic 2-1 that day mate.

I have never heard of your Beckett song.

The Goal was a belter. I was there We won and Celtic may have scored. we did well against the old firm that year if I remember but my memory is not infallible as I have just illustrated. I did sing that song on more than one occasion and its not the kind of song you would sing anywhere else. It was probably one of the myriad of chants created on the supporters bus.  Good memories even if they are a little distorted.

43 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

The Goal was a belter. I was there We won and Celtic may have scored. we did well against the old firm that year if I remember but my memory is not infallible as I have just illustrated. I did sing that song on more than one occasion and its not the kind of song you would sing anywhere else. It was probably one of the myriad of chants created on the supporters bus.  Good memories even if they are a little distorted.

Maybe this will help your distorted memory...........

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1980&GameID=198011220