Challenge Cup

4 hours ago, Kendo said:

Looks like the winner will get Dundee Utd who are 3 up at half time. 

This should ensure a big crowd and a few bob if we reach the final. This is an important game make no mistake.

Naw.

it isnae.

it's a very diddy Disneyland cup fabricated by the diddies "in charge" of Scottish fitba.  Genuinely - WGAF?!

i'd like to see Saints do ok in it.As they are in it. But it really is of no relevance.

the "big crowd" you might be looking for is yourself and other sorely pressed punters parting with your hard-earned to watch irrelevant shite.  They've just found, they think, a new way to part more Scottish punters from their money. It's on telly.  Don't encourage them!  Please.

just sayin....   :rolleyes:

1,526 at Queens v United game yesterday. Could well be less than 4,000 people watching two semi finals.

I can't imagine new saints will bring more than 50 fans today.

With televised games and random colt and Welsh teams it would seem this competition is all but finished.

10 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

1,526 at Queens v United game yesterday. Could well be less than 4,000 people watching two semi finals.

I can't imagine new saints will bring more than 50 fans today.

With televised games and random colt and Welsh teams it would seem this competition is all but finished.

This Competition, this season, will be finished when we have 5000 plus Buddies wildly celebrating a glorious Final victory (again) versus the Arabs .

Interesting to see how much coverage there is of our semi final in the cross border challenge cup semi final on the bbc Scotland football home page

nada - zip - nothing- zero

pretty much sums the whole thing up 

saying that - a trophy is a trophy- so come on Our Saints - lets fire into these sheep ahagging fake new saints shite and get the job done!

Edited by Liverpool Bud

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

How anyone can watch (or not watch in some cases) any Saints game and think it's not important is beyond me. 

Especially a semi final of any description. Wasnae like that in my day.

I don't think it's important. I think it's utter shite. I've followed us for forty years and have been to precisely one Bells B&Q Ramsdens Petrofac Irn Bru Challenge Diddy Cup game in my life. Even then, it was simply because the club changed the STs and they included the first home cup tie, which happened to be in the BB&QRPIBCD Cup. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered my arse. Never went to the finals, checked the scores at the end of them, popped a party popper, got on with life. 

For anyone who gets excited about it because no matter what, it is still a trophy, and still a St Mirren game - fair do's. Go for it, absolutely. I am merely here to argue the case for 'not important'. I believe it is not important because we have the core 'treble' in Scottish football that sees ALL clubs included in the cup competitions. Clearly, winning the league you are in is important. This shite abortion of a competition that excludes the top flight clubs and now includes colt teams and diddies from Wales and Norn' Iron' is the cup equivalent of dug shite on my shoes.

IMHO. :)