Challenge Cup

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry if this has been discussed before but am I right in saying the final is the same day as Scotland v Slovenia?

if so, that is totally phukin shambolic even by the Scottish football authorities standards!

Surely there are no games that weekend anyway it it's an international date so it has to be on the Saturday doesn't it ???

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry if this has been discussed before but am I right in saying the final is the same day as Scotland v Slovenia?

if so, that is totally phukin shambolic even by the Scottish football authorities standards!

Diddy cup final is normally a Sunday fixture although BBC ALBA had it as 25/26th March.

If Scotland play Slovenia on the Saturday game will probably be Sunday then.

**FIXED**

Mixed emotions for you TC.
Ross' team in the second half produced our best form of the season.
The downer for you is that JR is one game further away from getting the sack. However don't give up hope.
The first half was the 'old Saints' the second was the 'new Saints' perhaps an indication of things to come.

Thought Morgan coming on did really well again. Proving to be very effective from the bench?

Hope we can carry that performance into next week. March is looking like a BIG month for us!!

Edited by 87Bud13

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Surely there are no games that weekend anyway it it's an international date so it has to be on the Saturday doesn't it ???

They are a full fixture list of the 3 diddy leagues that weekend. we were to be playing Morton that day.

7 goals scored in 2 weeks and the first back to back wins for ages and a really solid performance today against what I thougt was a decent TNS side. There is some real quality in our team and we appear to have worked out how to score. Next week we will either be just 5 points behind Ayr or we will be to all intents and purposes be relegated. Only positivity is needed. Hey TC, any chance of just one day where you dont pollute the forum with your gloom?

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

7 goals scored in 2 weeks and the first back to back wins for ages and a really solid performance today against what I thougt was a decent TNS side. There is some real quality in our team and we appear to have worked out how to score. Next week we will either be just 5 points behind Ayr or we will be to all intents and purposes be relegated. Only positivity is needed. Hey TC, any chance of just one day where you dont pollute the forum with your gloom?

Please....................did you actually SEE any of the match? :blink:

They were, being polite here, shite. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Diddy cup final is normally a Sunday fixture although BBC ALBA had it as 25/26th March.

If Scotland play Slovenia on the Saturday game will probably be Sunday then.

The Scotland game is on the Sunday, which is the day I thought the final was scheduled for. If they play the final on the Saturday instead then fair enough. 

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I seem to remember an uproar when Shankland missed one, seemingly assaulted Mallan according to one poster. :rolleyes:

That was a mini meltdown that was. :lol:

Think Mallan miss 1 before the Shankland 1, but I cant remember who we were playing.

46 minutes ago, Hoof Hearted said:

my guess would be easter road, tynecastle or airdrie again

final cant be at an SPL ground. As all teams in lower leagues i`m sure I've read it would be at one of their grounds to ensure all cash stayed in championship club. Year when Sevco played it was at easter road as Hibs were down. Could be Dunfermline or Airdrie and poss easter road

Just back from the game and happy we went through but Loy and Storie were hopeless and playing with four centre mids and no wingers is nuts and thank God he came to his senses at half time and brought morgy on but I would have given the other winger a run out for the last five minutes to see if he's got anything to offer instead we bring on a right back ?

Not long back from the game, I wasn't looking forward to it in the slightest & after the first half display I realised why.

Second half we were brilliant, looked a different team with pace & energy. A lot of credit to Lewis Morgan, he ran their right back ragged in the second half.

Said it before but hopefully this will give the players a lift & we get 3 points next week.

Looking forward to next Saturday already, massive game!

31 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The Scotland game is the Sunday

30 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The Scotland game is on the Sunday, which is the day I thought the final was scheduled for. If they play the final on the Saturday instead then fair enough. 

Didn't realise that got to be the Saturday then.

14 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Where ever the game is, it will be a shite k/o time thanks to BBC ALBA showing the game :(

BBC Alba showed the last few finals with Sunday 3pm kick offs if we have to play Saturday because of Scotland game don't really see Alba being at fault if it's a 5.15 kick off as isn't there some sort of rule above no live games between 3&5 in UK on a Saturday???

McGinn was a class act today. Never lost the ball once, got stuck in and an absolute screamer to boot.

What an injustice it would've been if he had been on the losing side.

Tough one on Loy. Sitting a bit deeper than usual and looking the most disinterested I've ever seen a player but yet still pops up with a goal out of nothing. I'd take goals over hard work any day of the week.

Very good second half display. For the maddies that said TNS were better than us - you were WRONG as they were pish from start to finish.

I think Morgan was on the bench, like last week, because Jack knows how good a player he is and was wanting to rest him a bit as he had played most games this season. He is needed for the important League games. Bringing him on and moving Malan into the middle meant we totally dominated the whole of the second half and ran out comfortable winners. It would have been more comfortable if Sutton could hit a dead ball into the net from 12 yards. The most disappointing thing about today, besides the first half, was the strike force who were woeful - and yes I am aware they both scored, but it was the midfield who got the first two goals and had the most shots on target. We must have a forward line with the fewest attempts on goal in the whole of Scotland. And you can choose any combination of strikers that we have had this season. Glad Smith is back for next week.

Well done to Jack Ross and the team who looked a decent outfit in the second half. Let's continue at Ayr next week.