Challenge Cup

8 hours ago, antrin said:

I wasn't even going to watch it on the box at home, but some good Buddies have nagged me on facebook to go join them in a pub.

I have been forced into it.  :) 

Win, lose or lose it will be a good day out.

It was a VERY good day oot! :)

nighty-night.

7 hours ago, belfast billy said:

Anyone watching on telly go to s4c the welsh channel press red button and you can get English commentary during game Build up to game you can choose subtitles channel 134 on sky I think its also on free sat on red button for english

Without being at all nationalist - f**k the English.

Saints fitba needed no interpretation..

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just checked you are right. So it won't be there then

I do agree however that the two E`Boro grounds are  too big. theres no way we would fill either ground. 

Dundee Utd have been to one challenge cup final , played only 25 miles from them at Mcdiarmid park against the mighty Stenhousmuir and they couldnt break the 8000 barrier.

Weve managed crowds of 13600 & 9500 in our two finals . I would still go with East end park . 10000 crowd in an 11500 ground would be a great atmosphere. Dead easy to divvy up the seating allocation , their fans arrive from the M9 in the east and take that side, we arrive from the west & have that side. No brainer.

15 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Didn't realise that got to be the Saturday then.

BBC Alba showed the last few finals with Sunday 3pm kick offs if we have to play Saturday because of Scotland game don't really see Alba being at fault if it's a 5.15 kick off as isn't there some sort of rule above no live games between 3&5 in UK on a Saturday???

So what was Alba excuse for a 4-10 K/O yesterday ? 

50 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I do agree however that the two E`Boro grounds are  too big. theres no way we would fill either ground. 

Dundee Utd have been to one challenge cup final , played only 25 miles from them at Mcdiarmid park against the mighty Stenhousmuir and they couldnt break the 8000 barrier.

Weve managed crowds of 13600 & 9500 in our two finals . I would still go with East end park . 10000 crowd in an 11500 ground would be a great atmosphere. Dead easy to divvy up the seating allocation , their fans arrive from the M9 in the east and take that side, we arrive from the west & have that side. No brainer.

The pitch at East End Park is a shocker especially in the goalmouths.

9 minutes ago, HSS said:

I just skipped thru the 90 mins on TV......1st game I've watched in Welsh.

20170220_112141.jpg

I've just done the same!  :)

GOOD TO HEAR/SEE THE 1987 PIECE... at HT... THEN FAST FORWARD TO 59 MINUTES FOR McGinnn's GOAL AND SO ON...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08g3kws/live-football-spfl-challenge-cup-st-mirren-v-the-new-saints

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

The pitch at East End Park is a shocker especially in the goalmouths.

Based on when we played them last month , i know what you mean. But if you remember , it was frosty and the pitch still has patches of snow / ice on it which didnt help. Cant comment on the Easter road pitch as i havent seen it lately, but my point with the ground remains , its just too big. 

Tynecastle & Firhill have both been mentioned , neither have a reputation for Billiard table surfaces and i suppose late march nowhere is going to be pristine. My argument for EEP is based on the points i laid out previously.

30 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Based on when we played them last month , i know what you mean. But if you remember , it was frosty and the pitch still has patches of snow / ice on it which didnt help. Cant comment on the Easter road pitch as i havent seen it lately, but my point with the ground remains , its just too big. 

Tynecastle & Firhill have both been mentioned , neither have a reputation for Billiard table surfaces and i suppose late march nowhere is going to be pristine. My argument for EEP is based on the points i laid out previously.

There's a lot of good pubs in Dunfermline.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

It was even worse for the Hamilton Scottish Cup tie, the goalies were up to their ankles in mud and they had tried sanding the goalmouths. 

Hope they get the venue sorted today (fir park or east end park)  We need to stick this final on the back burner, was a great 2nd half performance, but I thought TNS were a very poor team who scored a great goal, can barely remember them getting in our box once I think in 90mins, This Saturday our new look defence will tested a lot more (hopefully am wrong) confidence has improved no doubt about that, winning this game will be massive, and could save our season and Ayr will know that too, and they will fancy their chances, This game is much bigger than the cup final, so get that big flag ready for this game :zipit 

Just home as stayed over in Paisley last night, really enjoyed the atmosphere in the west stand, not such a daft decision to close the stands behind the goals after all. McGinn was superb as everyone has been saying and Morgan's impact was obvious, only gripe was that with the airport parking thing going tits up l thought I'd be able to pay to park in the carpark, another opportunity to raise some cash gone begging.

5 hours ago, Thorizaar said:

They don't normally start broadcasting until 4pm unless they have a special event, such as the Challenge Cup final.

That's the problem with them. Everybody gets mess about since they start broadcasting so late in the day. Was our other 2 finals shown live on tv and what were the K/O times ?