Celtic U20 vs Annan Athletic

St Johnstone U20 vs Turriff Utd

Stirling Albion vs Hearts U20

East Stirlingshire vs Montrose

Formartine Utd vs Aberdeen U20

Ross County U20 vs Brora Rangers

Cove Rangers vs Dundee U20

Inverness U20 vs Arbroath

Not going back on my previous opinion but I hope the U20 teams get spanked by the worst of the rest.

31 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Im sure Celtic U20s are decent but St Mirren U20 beat them last season so would like to think our first team could beat them fairly comfortably.

Whether we can beat ANY U20s is not the point. The very fact this ludicrous decision was made should have us refusing to play in it with a full team. This is no longer the competition that better allowed lower league teams to have a chance to play in a national cup final. It is a joke. It is an embarrassment. It is, quite frankly, a typical Donkeyarseter/ feck up. We need a referendum to see if we want to stay or leave. Hopefully a leave vote would pave the way to get shot of him and his crony Reagan.

It's a bit of a strange one having all the premiership U20s teams in it especially since there are many Championship U20s teams who finished higher (like us), but I don't see why people are so worked up about it. Nobody really cared that much about the Challenge Cup before anyway and if you can't beat an U20s team you dont deserve to win a trophy. 

Edited by irvine_buddie

On a personal note, I was disappointed only the top two Welsh teams got in as my local team - Llandudno Town finished third (in their first season in Wales' big league, and have been drawn to play Gothenburg in the first round of Europa League qualifying). But to be honest after TNS the standard drops dramatically and even TNS aren't THAT good!

34 minutes ago, NorthWalesBud said:

On a personal note, I was disappointed only the top two Welsh teams got in as my local team - Llandudno Town finished third (in their first season in Wales' big league, and have been drawn to play Gothenburg in the first round of Europa League qualifying). But to be honest after TNS the standard drops dramatically and even TNS aren't THAT good!

I've gambled on TNS plenty of times over the past few seasons (due to the fact that they almost always win).

I finally watched one of their games on S4C and was pretty shocked at how mince the standard was.

3 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

It's a bit of a strange one having all the premiership U20s teams in it especially since there are many Championship U20s teams who finished higher (like us), but I don't see why people are so worked up about it. Nobody really cared that much about the Challenge Cup before anyway and if you can't beat an U20s team you dont deserve to win a trophy. 

With all due respect... Not the point. This was a national trophy which GAURANTEED a lower league team winning it. It was FOR the lower leagues. It has been devalued even more than it was by this feckup of a transformation. No self respecting BoDs should accept that their team is akin to a development team which is what this change is suggesting.

2 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I've gambled on TNS plenty of times over the past few seasons (due to the fact that they almost always win).

I finally watched one of their games on S4C and was pretty shocked at how mince the standard was.

And with nobody challenging them in any season then the standard won't improve.

And with nobody challenging them in any season then the standard won't improve.

True but they're hardly going to bring players in or alter their budget specifically for an away game v Clyde or Brechin.

Anyway, Bangor City to win WPL this year!!

1 hour ago, Scotland said:

True but they're hardly going to bring players in or alter their budget specifically for an away game v Clyde or Brechin.

Anyway, Bangor City to win WPL this year!!

Before moving to Llandudno I lived on Anglesey and at that time I attended quite a few Bangor City games, particuarly enjoyed the derbies with Caernarfon. Those games were much like our Renfrewshire derbies with Bangor (at the time) holding a long unbeaten run against the "Coffis".

FYI Bangor City once famously took Napoli to a replay at Highbury (Arsenal) in their first forray into European football, losing the game 2-1 after a 3-3 aggregate draw.

Before moving to Llandudno I lived on Anglesey and at that time I attended quite a few Bangor City games, particuarly enjoyed the derbies with Caernarfon. Those games were much like our Renfrewshire derbies with Bangor (at the time) holding a long unbeaten run against the "Coffis".

FYI Bangor City once famously took Napoli to a replay at Highbury (Arsenal) in their first forray into European football, losing the game 2-1 after a 3-3 aggregate draw.

My Dad lives on Anglesey and I've been to his local team Llangefni Town. Dire stuff.

On 30/06/2016 at 8:51 AM, Scotland said:
13 hours ago, Scotland said:

My Dad lives on Anglesey and I've been to his local team Llangefni Town. Dire stuff.

Yeah that Anglesey League and North wales League are dire, that's why I used to travel over to Bangor City.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Daddy, why are we not at the cup final?  :rolleyes:

"Because I'm a grumpy auld trumpet" :lol:

Because we are going to the Cinema instead. 

41 minutes ago, shull said:

No interest at all. 

Totally ignore whole Tournament. 

Sellik and Sevco Under 20's 

f**kEM 

Yep. Whilst I like the idea of Welsh and Northern Irish teams coming in, the under 20's idea has completely killed this tournament for me.

Not interested now.