Challenge Cup

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

I cannot remember who the manager was that was interviewed on Sportsound on Saturday but he was asked about the new look Challenge Cup. He was not in favour of the changes especially the inclusion of the Welsh and Northern Irish teams saying that anyone who draws them away from home will make a financial loss.

I think this competition has been totally devalued by the changes, everyone knows that the changes are all about the ambitions of 2 clubs that aren't eligible to play in it. One change to get their U20s playing in the league and the other to get cross border games going to set a precedent for any future changes. I've not been to any mickey mouse cup games this season and I won;t be going even if we reach the final as the cup has been tarnished by dungcaster bending over for 2 clubs. 

Someone should remind him forcefully that there are 40 other teams in the league and he should be promoting each team equally.

What do folk reckon the chances are of an altered KO time for the Hibs game? On Alba maybe? Cautious about booking trains. I read that the 17:15 Sat slot is pencilled in by S4C which i think is a Welsh channel so would be Bala town/New Saints i suppose. Oh, and Saints are on Alba the week before v Falkirk, while hibs are live on Sky the same weekend.

Edited by john scott

[quote post="1388857" timestamp="1473186181" name="bud77" userid=" the cup has been tarnished by dungcaster bending over for 2 clubs. Someone should remind him forcefully that there are 40 other teams in the league and he should be promoting each team equally."

How many times! The guy is an employee. The policy is set by the clubs and that includes ours. He does what he's told to do. The current project is to increase the revenue from tv conracts and the policy is to talk up the old firm as that's all tv is interested in.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

The game on October 8th against Hobs goes ahead. Ticket prices shown on Hobs Website £12 and £6 for concessions.  McGinn with the Scotland squad. We gave a chance but a tough game beckons. 

Every game's a tough game right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Great prices but can't imagine we will take through many fans today and can't see too many Hibees attending this one either.

I do think we might just win this one. Good luck to St Mirren today and all those travelling through to back the buds.

Hibs 1 St Mirren 2

Its a strange almost 'zombie' like game: 

• We have a new manager but he's not in charge.
  • The Caretaker doesn't seem to want to be there.
  • We are on a terrible run,
  • Hibs are near the top of the table.
  • We are away from home.
  • Its a cup that not many people are interested in.
  • Fans attention may be split with the Scotland game 

It all seems to be leading up to one almost inevitable outcome - a storming 2-0 swansong victory for the Caretaker team! :D

Hibs 0 Saints 2

COME ON YE SAINTS ! (and Scotland)

35 minutes ago, shull said:

Quarter Final Draw on Monday. 

Hopefully we will be in it. 

And no Welsh or Ulster Teams involved. 

Scottish Challenge Cup 

Me too and I will be there in Edinburgh today.

Strange things can happen in Cup competitions.

Heck, I seem to recall that Saints have won a few!

Oh - and I like the way the caretaker has gone about his business. Just saying.

Just to clarify my earlier post - I also think McManus has done a decent job - I was just commenting that he does't seem to want to be in the position where he has to do it.

With a wee win today he will finish with a 50% record (1W 1D 1L) - and thats no a bad record for any saints manager in recent years!