Le Tour 2016

Bud the Baker

Going into the final "week" both the main jerseys seem to be already decided 

• Pete "Shaggy" Sagan only needs to get to the finish line in Paris to win Green.
  • SKY are the strongest team with all 9 riders still in the race with the glabrous Froome in fine form, it's hard to see anyone else finishing in Yellow.

I'll be keeping an eye on Adam "Babyface" Yates currently third in the GC hoping he can finish in the top 10, maybe the top 5, but hopefully in white.

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

• Pete "Shaggy" Sagan only needs to get to the finish line in Paris to win Green.
  • SKY are the strongest team with all 9 riders still in the race with the glabrous Froome in fine form, it's hard to see anyone else finishing in Yellow.

I'll be keeping an eye on Adam "Babyface" Yates currently third in the GC hoping he can finish in the top 10, maybe the top 5, but hopefully in white.

How can he be babyface, he's got a beard ya fùckin balloon :lol: so I would say that one was a poor attempt. ^_^

Try again sonny theres a good bikey wankbag. 

13 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I was impressed with Yates and his brother last season but in this Tour , young Adam has done a sterling job to be in the position he is in . He showed a lot of guts too after that nasty crash  he had . I don't think we have seen such a good young rider since wee Ullrich

Definitely a future contender for the GC . .

Guest TPAFKATS
I was impressed with Yates and his brother last season but in this Tour , young Adam has done a sterling job to be in the position he is in . He showed a lot of guts too after that nasty crash  he had . I don't think we have seen such a good young rider since wee Ullrich

Definitely a future contender for the GC . .

Since Sagan?

Sent fae ma fone

Some people just open their mouths and let their bellys rumble!

To compare Adam Yates to Jan Ullrich is crass stupidity, and assumes that no else has knowledge of the Tour De France, unbelievable arrogance.

Jan Ullrich was a doper, you've made a balloon of yourself again saintnextlifetime <_<  Adam Yates is a clean rider and should NOT be mentioned in the same breath as Ullrich,

you must get out of this arrogant habit of thinking that no one else knows about the tour de france but you.  See you in 2017 when I will challenge you again during the tour de france, so carry on sneering and looking down your nose bikey wankbag. 

From Ullrichs Wikipedia Entry

Doping[edit]

During the 2006 Giro d'Italia, Ullrich was mentioned in a doping scandal, Operación Puerto.[20] Ullrich denied the rumors. However, on 30 June 2006, one day before the Tour, he was suspended from participating.[21] Ivan Basso and other riders were also excluded. On 20 July 2006, Ullrich was fired from T-Mobile. General manager Olaf Ludwig announced the news during the 18th stage of the Tour between Morzine and Macon. Ullrich said his dismissal was 'unacceptable.'

I am very disappointed that this decision was not communicated to me personally but that it was faxed to my lawyers. I find it shameful that, after so many years of good cooperation and after all I have done for the team, I am being treated as a fax number.[22]

On 3 August 2006, doping expert Werner Franke claimed Ullrich purchased about €35,000 worth of doping products a year based on documents uncovered in the Operación Puerto doping case.[23] A German court imposed a gag order on Franke after it found there was not enough evidence to link Ullrich to doping.[24] On 14 September 2006, officials raided Ullrich's house and collected DNA material while Ullrich was honeymooning with his new wife Sara. On 4 April 2007, Ullrich's DNA sample, had "without a doubt" matched nine bags of blood taken from Eufemiano Fuentes' office.[25]

On 18 October 2006, Ullrich laid off his personal physiotherapist Birgit Krohme. Speculation rose that this was a sign that Ullrich had given up hope of returning to racing. Ullrich denied these rumors. One day later, Ullrich canceled his licence of the Swiss Cycling Federation, and was looking for a different federation for a licence of 2007.[26] Ullrich claimed that the Swiss Cycling Federation had to stop their doping investigation, but the Swiss federation continued the investigation.[27] On 25 October 2006, a document from the Spanish court on Ullrich's website stated that no charges would be filed.

On Monday, 26 February 2007, Ullrich retired. At the press conference in Hamburg he said, "Today, I'm ending my career as a professional cyclist. I never once cheated as a cyclist." He said he would be an advisor to Team Volksbank.[28]

The IOC has investigated if Ullrich should be stripped from his golden medal won at the 2000 Olympic Games, which was possible because there was an eight-year deadline for investigations, and the investigation started after seven years.[29] It was decided that there was no solid evidence against Ullrich, and that Ullrich could keep his medal.[30]

In 2008, the German investigation was closed after a settlement, which in German law means Ullrich was found not guilty. The Swiss investigation was still ongoing at that time,[31] but they closed the case in February 2010, because Ullrich was no longer member of the Swiss Cycling Federation, and so they had no jurisdiction after he retired.[32] The UCI appealed that decision at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).[33]

In 2010, with the doping allegations still ongoing, Ullrich was diagnosed with burn-out, and avoided public appearances for a few months.[34] When Lance Armstrong announced his comeback as a professional cyclist, Ullrich made clear that he was not going to do the same.[35]

In February 2012, Ullrich was found guilty of a doping offence by the CAS. He was retroactively banned from 22 August 2011, and all results gained since May 2005 were removed from his Palmares.[2][3] Ullrich published a statement on his website, that said he would not appeal the decision. He admitted that he had had contact with Fuentes, which he considered a mistake that he now regrets.[36]

In June 2013, Ulrich went on record stating that he'd "always said that Lance wouldn’t get out of it. He made too many enemies." Later that month, he admitted that he doped with the help of Spanish doctor Eufemiano Fuentes.[37] His name was on the list of doping tests published by the French Senate on 24 July 2013 that were collected during the 1998 Tour de France and found positive for EPO when retested in 2004.[38]

Nice picture of Clean Rider Adam Yates's "Baby Face" I haven't seen many babies

with a beard though so I am mistified at Bud the bakers description, I can only

surmise its another cool bikey attempt. :lol:

266px-Adam_Yates_2015TOA.jpg

Edited by murray street

Todays Route

All of the GC riders (Including Clean Rider Adam Yates) will just mark each other and

ride tempo mostly, two short steep climbs at the end but no one able to threaten Chris Froome

so another defensive stage for the yellow jersey and his excellent team.

CARTE.jpg

Edited by murray street

7 hours ago, tony soprano said:

Since Sagan?

Sent fae ma fone

Whilst Sagan is an accomplished rider, I don't think he will ever be a contender for the GC , whereas young Adam is right up there , he might not win it this year but if he continues the way he is going I become more convinced that he has it in him to win it , which is great for Adam and British Cycling. .best of luck to him. .

This year , I still haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that Froomey wont win it again , wee Niaro looks like he doesn't have the legs for the Alps. .

11 hours ago, murray street said:

Nice picture of Clean Rider Adam Yates's "Baby Face" I haven't seen many babies

with a beard though so I am mistified at Bud the bakers description, I can only

surmise its another cool bikey attempt. :lol:

266px-Adam_Yates_2015TOA.jpg

The "logic" behind your cool bikey posts is a dislike of nicknames that are not physically accurate - hence babyface Yates.

That you can't follow the plot doesn't surprise me, the only question left is whether you're thick, psychotic or both?

PS - As a footnote to my opening post it looks very much like Chris "vroom-vroom" Froome will achieve a third  Dauphiné/Tour double.

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

The "logic" behind your cool bikey posts is a dislike of nicknames that are not physically accurate - hence babyface Yates.

That you can't follow the plot doesn't surprise me, the only question left is whether you're thick, psychotic or both?

PS - As a footnote to my opening post it looks very much like Chris "vroom-vroom" Froome will achieve a third  Dauphiné/Tour double.

hoofters gotta hate colin

1 hour ago, murray street said:

hoofters gotta hate colin

It doesn't work when you change it. A clear example of self denial/loathing, probably remembering your days as a squaddie :booty - you should try therapy.

So uncooooooooooooooooooool!  :lol::lol::lol:

TT today, my least favourite stage type - still at least it's short.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

It doesn't work when you change it. A clear example of self denial/loathing, probably remembering your days as a squaddie :booty - you should try therapy.

Indeed, Buddie , indeed. .

. .watching the time trial is nearly as boring as riding one. .:)

It works for me colin the mongoloid, I know what I mean.:lol:

Your're a prick, I'm a prick, blah blah blah, yawn.

Why have you stopped sending me PM's, do you want

me to post what you sent me on the Nice thread?

If you thought I was psychotic why would you send

me a PM and not post your comments on the

Nice thread?

Edited by murray street

Cheers Colin the Wee Mongoloid, as part of my therapy I have posted your PM to me on the Attack in Nice thread, enjoy :lol:

-http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41613-attack-in-nice-france/&do=findComment&comment=1379528-

Edited by murray street

Froome beats Tiny Tim Dumoulin to win the TT, vroom-vroom was the only one of the GC riders to go for broke with full TT gear & equipment. TeamSKY are so strong that Froome could go for broke today safe in the knowledge his domestiques will shepherd him over the next two days.

CF - Comments after Stage 18

A big part of my success today was selecting the right equipment. When I saw the course, I thought I'd ride with the road bike but after the team analyzed it, we opted for a full TT set up

I think I have a great advantage with two days to go. I keep the yellow jersey on my shoulders, but the next two days are really tough. The main thing for me is to stay out of trouble. I will not try to win a stage uphill.”

Could be interesting for the minor GC places with only 1min 8secs separating Mollema in second from Porte in sixth

Edited by Bud the Baker

Lumpy stage tomorrow, 2nd to last day when anyone can potentially attack, however its too late to make 

much of a difference, there would need to be tacks in the road (as happened on the 2012 tour) to sabotage

Chris Froome and his superior Sky Team..

PROFIL.png

Edited by murray street

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Froome beats Tiny Tim Dumoulin to win the TT, vroom-vroom was the only one of the GC riders to go for broke with full TT gear & equipment. TeamSKY are so strong that Froome could go for broke today safe in the knowledge his domestiques will shepherd him over the next two days.

Could be interesting for the minor GC places with only 1min 8secs separating Mollema in second from Porte in sixth

I can't see Biker Mollema getting second now , I think he may be lucky to even get a podium place now. The race should be interesting over the next few days as the 5 or so riders below Froomey , scramble for a podium place.

As TT's go I thought today's was one of the better ones . The reason most of the riders didn't opt for the full on TT kit was because on a mountain TT there is a weight penalty with that type of fairing rear wheel that Froomey and Young Yates had . They need to work out whether the gains will balance out the loses and for Froomey it worked as we saw him managing to stay in the saddle on one of the steeper sections. .

Big Jens is still do a great job filling in for Boardman . .

6 hours ago, tony soprano said:

In what way?

Sent fae ma fone

Your regular run of the mill domestiques are dropping the GC contenders in the mountains.

The quite obviously doped domestiques are strangling the lufe out if the race and it has been one of the most boring that I can recall.

Edited by Lanarkshire_Bud