Orlando

That's the NRA argument. Say 200 in the nightclub, all with guns. Mad, gay Islamist starts spraying, all 200 join in, it would have been like a scene from From Dusk Till dawn.

I know it's the NRA argument and in this case they probably have a point. One armed guard had a go at taking out the terrorist in a gun battle. If only a few others had been armed maybe there wouldn't have been any opportunity for this to happen.

I know it's the NRA argument and in this case they probably have a point. One armed guard had a go at taking out the terrorist in a gun battle. If only a few others had been armed maybe there wouldn't have been any opportunity for this to happen.

Jesus wept, are you really suggesting that people are allowed into a club with a gun? 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Are you for f**king real? bangin.gif

Do you have no grasp of the potential for this type of thing happening every weekend?

Absolute walloper. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Jesus wept, are you really suggesting that people are allowed into a club with a gun? 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Do you have no grasp of the potential for this type of thing happening every weekend?

The last time I went into a club in the USA they searched me for a gun and when they found I didn't have one they gave me one.

Guest TPAFKATS

The last time I went into a club in the USA they searched me for a gun and when they found I didn't have one they gave me one.

Saying 'is that a gun in ur pocket?' might be a searching question but it isn't the same as searching you.

Have you ever been to a pub or a club in Florida? It's nothing like Glasgow, Paisley, London or even Arbroath.

Guest TPAFKATS

Have you ever been to a pub or a club in Florida? It's nothing like Glasgow, Paisley, London or even Arbroath.

Hmmm, wonder what's the difference?

Hmmm, wonder what's the difference?

They must be unique.

I've been to night clubs in Toronto, Dubai, Prague and several other foreign locations and they've all been pretty similar to UK nightclubs.

They didn't have any gun totting halfwits though.

Ok gun crime went on the increase after being banned. Incrementally, but the UK is still WAY down the league in deaths by fire arms so no real point to be scored on that issue IMO.

The USA has a 88.8 per 100 people owning a firearm.

Depending on the criteria you want to find USA are still high in the gun crime table, I found them 12th for deaths per 100,000 population

All the countries that have a worse rate than the USA are recognised as having less structured law enforcement, if any at all.

I'm still astounded you can't see the relation between having easy access to firearms and an increase in their use.

As for your last sentence, more smoke and mirrors avoiding the real issue.

It's fairly simple, more guns equals more deaths.

Okay , sounds like a bit of knee jerk reaction from you , Robert. .

You are only looking at one bit of the picture , the murder weapon or the How . Any decent investigator would be looking for a motive or the Why ? Looking for the Why will give you something to tackle. .

For instance let's say the guy didn't have a gun but only a white van . so he waits until the club is getting busy and drives the van at a high speed into the queue outside . Do we then ban white vans ?

Guns have been freely available in the U.S for a couple of hundred years now . So what has changed in the last 40 odd years that we keep getting these kind of lone gunmen incidents ??

That should give you something more revealing than gun stat's to look into. .

Maybe those folks across the pond need to take a different tack on gun ownership, say for instance they have the health insurers say that owning a gun would preclude you from being able to get health insurance as you must be a higher risk. Surely there is more than one way to tackle it rather than just banning guns.

These sorts of incidents (Orlando) wouldnt be happening if religions across the globe werent filling their sheep followers heads with utter shite about homosexuality being punishable by death.

As for christian massacres? You are almost daring people to disagree with you. Start your own thread or better still why not lobby governments if you are so desperate for attention.

This is a thread about a homophobic attack.

The usual thumping-Bible-thumpers badly thought out twaddle from yourself oaky. I don't know many Christians these days who are in favour of re-introducing the death penalty, and I know no Christians at all who would want homosexuals given the death sentence, far less anyone actively filling other people's heads with that message like it was a number one top priority.

"The reason" singular, according to you, why incidents like Orlando happen is because religions have brainwashed people into being homophobic. That is quite frankly one of the biggest lots of bull I have ever read anywhere.

When Stonewall put together a webpage with lots of stats about the different levels of prejudice LGBT people face on a regular basis they didn't once mention religion. They did quote alarming statistics about bullying at school, discrimination in the workplace, governments around the world who persecute homosexuals, and widespread prejudice in sport (football in particular), violence on the streets... are you claiming the one source of all this homophobia is really religious teachers? You are barking mad if you are, given how proud you are of how secular and advanced the West has become and how irrelevant religion is becoming. Your claim that religion is the source of homophobia also lets off lets of aggressively secular governments like Russia and China who as well as persecuting homosexuals also major on denying religious and political freedom to their citizens.

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/media/lgbt-facts-and-figures

Maybe those folks across the pond need to take a different tack on gun ownership, say for instance they have the health insurers say that owning a gun would preclude you from being able to get health insurance as you must be a higher risk. Surely there is more than one way to tackle it rather than just banning guns.

Yep, David Frum said last night that what you do is you make the process more long winded, with more paperwork and a longer wait time to filter out those who are "not good with life". I'd say that was complete common sense but Drew got all offended by it. I guess that would be simply because it was a Republican saying it :rolleyes:

Faraway Saints figures are woefully inaccurate. Only 1 in 3 adults in the US own a gun of any description - not 88.8% of all Americans, that would be utterly bonkers.

Just to add another bit to this story btw - there was another death in Orlando last night. A 2 year old boy was paddling in the Seven Seas Lagoon at Walt Disney World near the Magic Kingdom when an alligator dragged him out into the water and drowned him. The father had attempted to save his son and wrestled with the alligator. Now if only he had a gun.

Yep, David Frum said last night that what you do is you make the process more long winded, with more paperwork and a longer wait time to filter out those who are "not good with life". I'd say that was complete common sense but Drew got all offended by it. I guess that would be simply because it was a Republican saying it :rolleyes:

Faraway Saints figures are woefully inaccurate. Only 1 in 3 adults in the US own a gun of any description - not 88.8% of all Americans, that would be utterly bonkers.

Just to add another bit to this story btw - there was another death in Orlando last night. A 2 year old boy was paddling in the Seven Seas Lagoon at Walt Disney World near the Magic Kingdom when an alligator dragged him out into the water and drowned him. The father had attempted to save his son and wrestled with the alligator. Now if only he had a gun.

All offended by it?

I simply pointed out that this character you seem to have latched onto as the source of your latest brand of ill-informed drivel is spouting shite.

That isn't offence, Stuart. Scorn, perhaps, but not offence.

Okay , sounds like a bit of knee jerk reaction from you , Robert. .

You are only looking at one bit of the picture , the murder weapon or the How . Any decent investigator would be looking for a motive or the Why ? Looking for the Why will give you something to tackle. .

For instance let's say the guy didn't have a gun but only a white van . so he waits until the club is getting busy and drives the van at a high speed into the queue outside . Do we then ban white vans ?

Guns have been freely available in the U.S for a couple of hundred years now . So what has changed in the last 40 odd years that we keep getting these kind of lone gunmen incidents ??

That should give you something more revealing than gun stat's to look into. .

The type of guns for a start.

I don't have the reasons, wish I did, could make myself a fortune.

Yes, guns aren't the whole problem but to deny easy access isn't an issue is burying your head in the sand.

The reference to a white van........................aye, well, best to leave that where it belongs.

Again, the easier to get guns shows a direct increase in gun crime.

The mentality that the Americans have, this hilarious "right to bear arms", is part of the reason, driven by a "fear" of getting attacked when the reality is very few guns are used successfully to defend anyone.

Aye, the stats don't tell all the story, many innocent dead are much more relevant.

A lot of allegations being made here. I want to know who the alligators are.

Can anyone imagine the scenes at the Glasgow Apollo circa' 1976 - 1980 if the bouncers there were packng handguns, as were 2,000 Clash, Stranglers and Iron Maiden fans....

Still, would have made you think twce about standing on a seat or sneaking in a camera.

Yep, David Frum said last night that what you do is you make the process more long winded, with more paperwork and a longer wait time to filter out those who are "not good with life". I'd say that was complete common sense but Drew got all offended by it. I guess that would be simply because it was a Republican saying it rolleyes.gif

.....what? Let go of the croc to pull it out and it fecks off into deep water? Aye, that'll work.