Frued Was A Child Sex Abuser.

Stuart Dickson

Big news of today is the story that Sir Clement Frued has been outed as a serial child sex abuser. Apparently the allegations are being aired on ITV tonight and his widow is on the show offering no defence of her late husband

Surely if alleged then you cannot state "he was a child molester"? Time will tell if the allegations are true or not. Remember, Jimmy Tarbuck, Freddie Star and a few others were accused and were acquitted.

Surely if alleged then you cannot state "he was a child molester"? Time will tell if the allegations are true or not. Remember, Jimmy Tarbuck, Freddie Star and a few others were accused and were acquitted.

He's dead so I believe you can. No doubt we'll see the evidence tonight. It certainly doesn't sound like his wife Jill offered anything more than an apology

He's dead so I believe you can. No doubt we'll see the evidence tonight. It certainly doesn't sound like his wife Jill offered anything more than an apology[/quote

Dead or alive evidence will determine if he WAS guilty of these allegations. How can you you claim he was guilty without knowing all the facts? Not judging whether he did commit these offences or not rather that is for a court of law to decide.

He's dead so I believe you can. No doubt we'll see the evidence tonight. It certainly doesn't sound like his wife Jill offered anything more than an apology[/quote

Dead or alive evidence will determine if he WAS guilty of these allegations. How can you you claim he was guilty without knowing all the facts? Not judging whether he did commit these offences or not rather that is for a court of law to decide.

It's not my news report. Send your questions to all the media outlets reporting the story this morning :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS

I don't know what evidence will be presented during this programme however it seems there has, once again, been multiple unrelated claims about this man going back over many years.

Edited by TPAFKATS

Does it mean he is innocent?

Utterly irrelevant.

Our laws clearly operate on the basis of innocent until proven guilty.

In this case however, his own wife has not defended him and has immediately apologised to the women involved.

I think we can safely jump the gun in this instance.

You started the topic and your thread title says it all.

As the first post says it's the big news story of the day on many media outlets including the BBC, ITV, Sky and all of the major newspapers. And as Oaksoft and Tony have alluded to I think in this instance it's fairly safe to jump the gun. It'll be interesting to see the full programme and to see exactly what links he supposedly had with the McCanns.

Guest TPAFKATS

He owned a villa in Portugal near the crime scene, no suggestion he was there at the time though.

I read he also gave the McCann's advice after police digs found evidence in the boot of their car and Mitchell,the McCann's press guy, is a family friend?