Standing Areas In Scottish Football

shull

LOL. They have crowds of 400.

Never ever going to see the type of stands you are describing at our level.

They have 400 in a 1000 capacity.

We can easily have 3000 or 4000 in a 8000 plus capacity.

Well good luck with your plans to return football to the 1980s but IMO your plan will never see the light of day.

I know it wont, but if it did there wouldn't be a problem if done correctly.

We will go to Somerset In August, watch the Match, while standing, and return home safely.

They have 400 in a 1000 capacity.

We can easily have 3000 or 4000 in a 8000 plus capacity.

I know it's a weird concept.....but with seats in you can easily have 8,000 customers in an 8,000 all seater capacity stadium with everyone sitting comfortably with most fortunate enough not to be 4ft tall with a 7ft tall inconsiderate wanker blocking her view. Better still the police like seats, seated stadia have an excellent safety record, and there's no chance of those ridiculous surges which caused many a youngster to need medical treatment for strained ankles or bruised ribs as would happen all too often in the North Bank in the 70's and 80's.

If your problem is you want to get away from the boring bastard sitting in the seats next to you then why not simply lobby to have the reserved seating allocation for season ticket holders scrapped. That's a far better idea than going to all the cost of ripping out seats and re-concreting on the bizarre basis that people are more likely to sing when they are uncomfortable.

Even weirder than a weird (and frankly stupid) concept, the only people with the potential to sit comfortably in a cold rigid plastic seat in midwinter in the pishing cold Scottish rain would be, for example, a fat pipefitter who is unable to function normally as a normal fitba supporter might do.

Normal would be standing, moving about, shuffling, stamping your feet, shifting away from, for example, a fat pipefitter.

Why is it that people who have neglected their carcasses to the extent they are unable to stand for 90 minutes, feel the need to impose THEIR incapacity on the rest of the spectating public.

Shut the f**k up. Please.

Even weirder than a weird (and frankly stupid) concept, the only people with the potential to sit comfortably in a cold rigid plastic seat in midwinter in the pishing cold Scottish rain would be, for example, a fat pipefitter who is unable to function normally as a normal fitba supporter might do.

Normal would be standing, moving about, shuffling, stamping your feet, shifting away from, for example, a fat pipefitter.

Why is it that people who have neglected their carcasses to the extent they are unable to stand for 90 minutes, feel the need to impose THEIR incapacity on the rest of the spectating public.

Shut the f**k up. Please.

Agree completely. I managed about the first forty years of my life standing at matches and to this day it still doesn't feel right to be sitting watching. Unfortunately I don't see them ever turning the clock back. We always cater for the lowest common denominator nowadays and that's very low. I was out on a tall ship a fortnight ago for three hours and didn't sit down once even at my age.

When I'm at work all day, I never stand.

Would be good to go to the Football and stand , shuffle and move about.

Looking forward to Somerset Park where I have been many times without a problem.

And the wee yin loves going to places like Dunterlie where she can run about, play with other children especially when the football on pitch aint good,

Don't put rail seats in.

Have proper terracing with barriers and a safe and sensible capacity limit.

But Shull, we will have to because UEFA will demand they can be fixed down as seats when we go to play our European rounds in the Champions League and Europa League in 2019 and beyond! whistling.gif

But Shull, we will have to because UEFA will demand they can be fixed down as seats when we go to play our European rounds in the Champions League and Europa League in 2019 and beyond! whistling.gif

Forget Europa League.

Champions League all the way to the Final and victory.

So Tony telt me yesterday. thumbup2.gif

Agree completely. I managed about the first forty years of my life standing at matches and to this day it still doesn't feel right to be sitting watching. Unfortunately I don't see them ever turning the clock back. We always cater for the lowest common denominator nowadays and that's very low. I was out on a tall ship a fortnight ago for three hours and didn't sit down once even at my age.

Well I never. Apparently building a safe modern stadium with a design that has an excellent safety record, where everyone can be accommodated is "the lowest common denomintor". I suppose a far higher standard would be the kind of stadium where 96 people could be crushed to death, or even the kind of stadium which scared the life out of many who were at that Scottish Cup tie v Celtic in the 80s. You know the kind of stadium where kids and adults would regularly have to jump over the wall at the front to escape surges and crushing. I absolutely understand nostalgia but ripping out seats to go back to those days would be recklessly stupid Edited by Stuart Dickson

We always cater for the lowest common denominator nowadays and that's very low.

lol.gif

The lowest common denominator Rickster is the post by Treaclebreeks above where he adds nothing to the debate but personal insults. You know the post right? The one you "liked"?

THAT is the lowest common denominator in our society right there.

Oh and get your own patter and stop knicking mine.

Edited by oaksoft

Well I never. Apparently building a safe modern stadium with a design that has an excellent safety record, where everyone can be accommodated is "the lowest common denomintor". I suppose a far higher standard would be the kind of stadium where 96 people could be crushed to death, or even the kind of stadium which scared the life out of many who were at that Scottish Cup tie v Celtic in the 80s. You know the kind of stadium where kids and adults would regularly have to jump over the wall at the front to escape surges and crushing. I absolutely understand nostalgia but ripping out seats to go back to those days would be recklessly stupid

Where would the " surges and Crushing" come from, given that the rail seats would still be on a one ( rail) seat per person basis, we are an all ticket stadium, so from where would these hordes of surging and crushing fans suddenly materialise?

Where would the " surges and Crushing" come from, given that the rail seats would still be on a one ( rail) seat per person basis, we are an all ticket stadium, so from where would these hordes of surging and crushing fans suddenly materialise?

shull is talking about not having rail seats.

He talking about going back to the terracing of the 60's if I've understood him correctly.

shull is talking about not having rail seats.

He talking about going back to the terracing of the 60's if I've understood him correctly.

Having just re-read the last couple of pages you're correct, although I still feel that if the number of fans let into a safe standing area was limited to the same number of seats that were previously in that area, then the chance of a Hillsborough type incident would be extremely unlikely, although theoretically possible; Therefore I would be against old style terracing, but completely in favour of the rail seat version.

Well I never. Apparently building a safe modern stadium with a design that has an excellent safety record, where everyone can be accommodated is "the lowest common denomintor". I suppose a far higher standard would be the kind of stadium where 96 people could be crushed to death, or even the kind of stadium which scared the life out of many who were at that Scottish Cup tie v Celtic in the 80s. You know the kind of stadium where kids and adults would regularly have to jump over the wall at the front to escape surges and crushing. I absolutely understand nostalgia but ripping out seats to go back to those days would be recklessly stupid

I guess I should defer to your expertise on "recklessly stupid".