Sir Cliff

Hendo

Cleared of sex abuse.

He says he was "hung out like live bait" and it was "high profile fumbling".

You've been cleared Cliff, no need to tell us what you'd been charged with.

He was dragged through the gutter personaly I can't imagine the nightmare of living through such an accusation for so long. Having been accused of sexual harassment In the past which has was found to have no foundation I can sympathise with cliff. It's such a huge mental stress. Thing is everyone thinks your guilty until unproven. Would not wish it on anyone. Anyone remember the poor guy being hounded for the Wimbledon Common murder. His life was totally ruined yet later he was proved enicent. The murder in Bristol where the old guy was hounded he was proved enicent. I get cliff wanting to shout from the roof tops. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

He hasn't been cleared of anything. Accusations were made and after lengthy investigation the CPS decided there was insufficient evidence to prosecute.

FFS... Let's just do away with the justice system and lock someone up on the basis of an accusation.

He didn't do it unless he's proven to have done it.

For what it's worth, four people made accusations, two of them claiming it happened at the same event. I'm no legal expert but that's pretty solid corroboration. If those claims had any credibility, on those alone he could have been charged. The fact he wasn't says a lot about the nature of the claims.

I was in no way insinuating he was guilty of anything. What I was meaning was he can't have been cleared when he was never charged with anything in the first place. Reading my post I can see why that was taken the wrong way. Accusations were made and investigated and their was insufficient evidece to proced that is fact. In no way was I suggesting otherwise. I was merely responding to the earlier post stating he had been "cleared of sex abuse" which to me suggests it was more than accusations which it clearly wasn't

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

He's been hounded since the early 60's because he didn't fit the media and the public's idea of a rock star - he was different. Perhaps bring a Christian in the swinging sixties didn't fit with the liberal views of the time.

The public had a different view of Saville - we knew he was a wrong 'un but the media loved him. Not so Cliff. Give the guy a break.

Guest TPAFKATS

He hasn't been cleared of anything. Accusations were made and after lengthy investigation the CPS decided there was insufficient evidence to prosecute.

Innocent until proven otherwise.

You are both correct

You are missing the word "presumed" before "innocent".

"He didn't do it unless he's proven to have done it" would mean that until Jimmy Saville was found guilty, he hadn't abused anyone, or that Clement Freud didn't sexually assault females, or that ... etc.

That is totally different to "Presumed innocent until proved guilty", I hope you can see that.

There is a difference between pedantry and accuracy, and it's not just their spelling and pronunciation.

What about sarcasm and irony.....................jist askin like whistling.gif