Jo Cox - Labour Mp

Drew

I'm afraid I don't........................

The need to "tweet" when your wife has been brutally murdered a few hours earlier?

Nah, sorry, more on my mind than fecking "tweeting"...................thumbdown.gif

I agree , it's astonishing that in the event of a tragedy that people whip out the phone and update social media within minutes of events unfolding that directly involve their own personal loss.

I'd be more interested In who/where/why/when/what etc getting my arse to hospital or wherever the event took place and talking to emergency services and family etc.

I always found these updates so close to the event odd.

I understand we all grieve in our own ways and the people that I've lost since being on here has been kept to family and friends over the years as I'm sure it'll of been the same for most if not all on here.

That said , what an awful tragedy.

:(

Edited by whydowebother

I'm afraid I don't........................

The need to "tweet" when your wife has been brutally murdered a few hours earlier?

Nah, sorry, more on my mind than fecking "tweeting"...................:thumbsdown

On the surface has action might seem a bit odd but I am not about to criticise a man whose wife has just been murdered. Edited by oaksoft

Each to their own obviously, but if that was me, I suspect taking to social media to Tweet about it would be about a million miles from my thoughts. Imagine if that had been me and I'd started a thread on here? FFS. I think my reaction, probably for about the next 24-48 hours, would be one of staring blankly into space, trying to assimilate the news and information the police had given me, and I would be in huge need of family members to sit with me and make cups of tea. After that, I expect my reaction would be to want to get hold of the cnut and keep booting him in the stones until they came out his throat. Not exactly a message of love and peace, but I am in little doubt that is how I would feel. After going through that feeling? Who knows. Hope I never have to find out.

We all react to events differently. This was the public murder of a well-known politician so the media would be all over it and looking for quotes and comment. Maybe the guy was trying to get the hyenas off his back so he can deal with other things closer to home. I will not judge him but it is still a profoundly loving comment to make.

In an ideal world

But these pricks don't respect privacy

Indeed, but the power is with the person.

Listened to all the plaudits for this woman tonight, 100% come across that she was a genuine person, not interested in playing the political game but genuinely trying to change things fro the inside.

Quite why her husband went "public" so soon is totally beyond me.

Cur,ing up in a corner with his children would have been far more understandable.

Edited by faraway saint

I can't believe a husband and father has just had his wife and mother of his children murdered and his (incredibly loving and gracious) response is being criticised by people on here. The arrogance of some posters on this thread, believing that their method of dealing with grief is the correct one and anyone who acts differently is wrong, is beyond belief. For fuck sake! The man has just lost the most important person in his life, in a horribly brutal manner, and all some people can do is have a go at him - get a grip of yourselves!

That poor fellow has to put his kids to bed tonight facing their questions of "where's mummy" and wondering what the hell he's going to tell them and how he's going to get through tomorrow. I think he's faced with the enormity and reality of the situation enough. Do you honestly think him releasing a statement detracts from how much he is facing up to what just happened to his wife?

I don't think his desire to issue a public statement says anything other than he felt it was right to do it. Unless you are in his situation how can you possibly judge whether that is correct or not?! Maybe he had continual requests for a statement. Maybe he is an extroverted type chap who shows his emotions easily and it made sense to him to do that. Maybe the thoughts in his head were so scrambled he wrote something down to help him process what just happened and decided he'd release it for one of a million reasons that no-one has any right to pass judgement on.

All that should be said is that our thoughts (and prayers if you're so inclined) are with Jo's family and friends and I hope the vile prick who did this is swiftly brought to justice.

Edited by Losing My Religion