Jo Cox - Labour Mp

Drew

Indeed, but the power is with the person.

Listened to all the plaudits for this woman tonight, 100% come across that she was a genuine person, not interested in playing the political game but genuinely trying to change things fro the inside.

Quite why her husband went "public" so soon is totally beyond me.

Cur,ing up in a corner with his children would have been far more understandable.

TBF almost everything seems to be "beyond you".

Maybe if disaster ever strikes you and your response is a bit unorthodox you will understand what this man is going through.

Those of us who have been there fully understand that you react in ways you couldnt possibly predict.

I may be a fud but thats infinitely preferable to being a c**t.

Edited by oaksoft

TBF almost everything seems to be "beyond you".

Maybe if disaster ever strikes you and your response is a bit unorthodox you will understand what this man is going through.

Those of us who have been there fully understand that you react in ways you couldnt possibly predict.

I may be a fud but thats infinitely preferable to being a c**t.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Deleted.

Edited by faraway saint

I can't believe a husband and father has just had his wife and mother of his children murdered and his (incredibly loving and gracious) response is being criticised by people on here. The arrogance of some posters on this thread, believing that their method of dealing with grief is the correct one and anyone who acts differently is wrong, is beyond belief. For f**k sake! The man has just lost the most important person in his life, in a horribly brutal manner, and all some people can do is have a go at him - get a grip of yourselves!

That poor fellow has to put his kids to bed tonight facing their questions of "where's mummy" and wondering what the hell he's going to tell them and how he's going to get through tomorrow. I think he's faced with the enormity and reality of the situation enough. Do you honestly think him releasing a statement detracts from how much he is facing up to what just happened to his wife?

I don't think his desire to issue a public statement says anything other than he felt it was right to do it. Unless you are in his situation how can you possibly judge whether that is correct or not?! Maybe he had continual requests for a statement. Maybe he is an extroverted type chap who shows his emotions easily and it made sense to him to do that. Maybe the thoughts in his head were so scrambled he wrote something down to help him process what just happened and decided he'd release it for one of a million reasons that no-one has any right to pass judgement on.

All that should be said is that our thoughts (and prayers if you're so inclined) are with Jo's family and friends and I hope the vile prick who did this is swiftly brought to justice.

Aye, maybe.

The by the same "maybe" he could easily have kept his "grief" private and comforted his children and family rather than post pictures of his dead wife and posting his feelings for all the world to see.

Just my opinion but some things are best kept private, and grief and death is certainly in that zone.

I'm afraid I don't........................

The need to "tweet" when your wife has been brutally murdered a few hours earlier?

Nah, sorry, more on my mind than fecking "tweeting"...................thumbdown.gif

Perhaps its the new way to release your statement to the press without having scores of journalists outside your house, harrassing you and anyone who is visiting your home?

Indeed, but the power is with the person.

Listened to all the plaudits for this woman tonight, 100% come across that she was a genuine person, not interested in playing the political game but genuinely trying to change things fro the inside.

Quite why her husband went "public" so soon is totally beyond me.

Cur,ing up in a corner with his children would have been far more understandable.

Knowing our press they'd probably have photographers up trees to get a shot of daddy cuddling the kids and breaking the news.

My pal's first wife died from CJD a while ago. Because of their age, occupation and another family event the press were all over the story and camped outside the house for days. Their work sent a PR officer out to deal with the press to give out statements etc but still they camped outside the house, stopping people on their way in to visit, trying to get quotes and info, hoping to get photos of the grieving husband etc. In the end his brother in law drove his car at the press pack and breaked hard to narrowly avoid hitting them, then jumped out the car and literally chased them off the premises. At that point they finally got the message.

I can't believe a husband and father has just had his wife and mother of his children murdered and his (incredibly loving and gracious) response is being criticised by people on here. The arrogance of some posters on this thread, believing that their method of dealing with grief is the correct one and anyone who acts differently is wrong, is beyond belief. For f**k sake! The man has just lost the most important person in his life, in a horribly brutal manner, and all some people can do is have a go at him - get a grip of yourselves!

That poor fellow has to put his kids to bed tonight facing their questions of "where's mummy" and wondering what the hell he's going to tell them and how he's going to get through tomorrow. I think he's faced with the enormity and reality of the situation enough. Do you honestly think him releasing a statement detracts from how much he is facing up to what just happened to his wife?

I don't think his desire to issue a public statement says anything other than he felt it was right to do it. Unless you are in his situation how can you possibly judge whether that is correct or not?! Maybe he had continual requests for a statement. Maybe he is an extroverted type chap who shows his emotions easily and it made sense to him to do that. Maybe the thoughts in his head were so scrambled he wrote something down to help him process what just happened and decided he'd release it for one of a million reasons that no-one has any right to pass judgement on.

All that should be said is that our thoughts (and prayers if you're so inclined) are with Jo's family and friends and I hope the vile prick who did this is swiftly brought to justice.

I agree with you. I may not have done a number of years ago but I learned not to judge. When my Dad died surrounded by his family, the last thing on my mind would have been tucking into a salad in the seat next to the dead body.....yet that was exactly what my Mum and my Gran did.

People deal with grief in their own way. Who is anyone to judge. I know that if someone did the same thing to my wife I'd probably want to meet the murderer to shake his hand and to say thanks for saving me the cost of going to court to settle my divorce. :rolleyes:

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Those of us?

You don't have any "us"..............you have an abstract view which removes you from making any decision apart from being a cnut.

You are obviously a social inadequate, no friends and barely any close family as your opinionated persona leaves you outside most social circles.

That is fairly obvious but I'm afraid leaves you at a disadvantage to questions anyone's opinion as you have no rational experience of life to do so.

Run along, you're about to drown. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

Low blow, insensitive, petty and childish retort.

This really is a new low, even for you. Time to double your meds and stay off the computer till they kick in.

Your tosseritus is too evident.

I'm with Buddiein EK and LosingMy religion on this.

As an MP, she doubtless had a thriving Twitter account.

Her husband rightly resorted to getting a message out by this medium - in a sweet but short (140 characters or less) message.

No worse nor better than the death notices in the PDE.

I am almost sure that the gurners on here were not his target audience.

:lol:lol:lol

Those of us?

You don't have any "us"..............you have an abstract view which removes you from making any decision apart from being a cnut.

You are obviously a social inadequate, no friends and barely any close family as your opinionated persona leaves you outside most social circles.

That is fairly obvious but I'm afraid leaves you at a disadvantage to questions anyone's opinion as you have no rational experience of life to do so.

Run along, you're about to drown. :byebye:byebye:byebye

Yes "those of us".

You know full well what I am talking about because I have posted about my own experience of having something happen in my own family.

TBH bud I have no idea what is wrong with you since you returned to the forum.

I preferred you the last time you were on here. At least you seemed a decent person.

Maybe buddieinek is right. Maybe its time you took another break from posting.

Strong opinions I can deal with but the sort of posts you are making are much worse than posters like Tony who you spent enough time on here bashing over the years.

Think on.

Yes "those of us".

You know full well what I am talking about because I have posted about my own experience of having something happen in my own family.

TBH bud I have no idea what is wrong with you since you returned to the forum.

I preferred you the last time you were on here. At least you seemed a decent person.

Maybe buddieinek is right. Maybe its time you took another break from posting.

Strong opinions I can deal with but the sort of posts you are making are much worse than posters like Tony who you spent enough time on here bashing over the years.

Think on.

Deleted

Edited by faraway saint

Ok, so you come out with the "cnut" and get all high and mighty,as usual, when it's pinged back?

If you feel the need to bring anything tragic from your family to the forum I pity you. :(

Thanks for the advice.

I dont need your pity bud.

All I ask is that you take step back for ten seconds and think about what you have been posting recently.

I dont know if you are trying too hard to be funny or edgy but I would have thought that you could understand that wandering onto a public forum and repeatedly criticising a man for his actions int the immediate aftermath of his wifes brutal and very public murder was the definition of trolling.

I dont need your pity bud.

All I ask is that you take step back for ten seconds and think about what you have been posting recently.

I dont know if you are trying too hard to be funny or edgy but I would have thought that you could understand that wandering onto a public forum and repeatedly criticising a man for his actions int the immediate aftermath of his wifes brutal and very public murder was the definition of trolling.

Sorry, disagree.

Deleted

Edited by faraway saint

Just a pity this thread like so many others has been hijacked by the usual bellend who thinks everything on here revolves around him.

As for the complaint about the husband's initial reaction to the death of his wife, I found the tribute both moving and appropriate. The fact is nobody knows how they will react to and process news like that,especially a sudden unexpected death. And trust me I've been there !

The chances are high that this sickening event and it's repercussions will likely hit Mr Cox like the proverbial ton of bricks in the coming days and months, and that it's not unusual to act in what some might describe as a "blasé" manner in the initial aftermath of an event that simply overwhelms the emotions and reasoning.

Just watched Neil Kinnock being interviewed on BBC News there, his son was close friends with Jo Cox, she was known to the Kinnocks for 20 years and considered "part of the family". Clearing struggling with his emotions, he could be seen wiping tears away from his eyes, sad day. A similarly emotionally charged Stephen Kinnock has just appeared by Skype interview too.

Just watched Neil Kinnock being interviewed on BBC News there, his son was close friends with Jo Cox, she was known to the Kinnocks for 20 years and considered "part of the family". Clearing struggling with his emotions, he could be seen wiping tears away from his eyes, sad day. A similarly emotionally charged Stephen Kinnock has just appeared by Skype interview too.

See that earlier, don't think I've seen so many heartfelt comments/tributes about a politician.

Tragic.

Yip, I saw these interviews too and it moved me close to tears also.

I'm not one for media and public fawning of recently deceased individuals, to be honest usually it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and smells oddly of emotional bandwagoning. However on this occasion, it seem genuine and highly appropriate.

I agree , it's astonishing that in the event of a tragedy that people whip out the phone and update social media within minutes of events unfolding that directly involve their own personal loss.

I'd be more interested In who/where/why/when/what etc getting my arse to hospital or wherever the event took place and talking to emergency services and family etc.

I always found these updates so close to the event odd.

I understand we all grieve in our own ways and the people that I've lost since being on here has been kept to family and friends over the years as I'm sure it'll of been the same for most if not all on here.

That said , what an awful tragedy.

:(

Everyone acts different in barevment he was probably thinking to put out a statement so not to get the press at his house. The husband will be in utter shock.

Yup, spot on...........train wreck through his life in an instant !!

This poor guy's loss is only just starting.

As with anyone you lose, you never get over it, but you somehow ' manage' it.

What makes this even more harrowing is the voilent and utterly unpredictable nature of her death. That will take some ' managing'.

Tragedy for her, her family and friends.

Interesting to hear David Cameron's tribute to Jo Cox, in career terms their lives seemed to follow a similar pattern - Oxbridge then into the political think tanks, adviser to a party bigwig followed by becoming an MP - two political animals with more in common than they might have wanted to admit 24 hours ago.

My old man went out to buy a newspaper one morning and dropped down dead in the street. When I got told at work that day by the HR manager I said to him "Oh, right. Is it okay if I go home then?". Later on I was talking to one of my cousins and having a right good laugh with her. My dad taught me the pipes and at his funeral I played as he was lowered into his grave. I smiled and chatted to people at the gathering afterwards, having another good laugh with family in the pub later.

Once it was all over and everyone went their separate ways then I broke down in floods of tears, and had sporadic moments thereafter for quite some time.

However the husband of Jo Cox wants to deal with this issue is entirely up to him and any criticism is, as far as I'm concerned, somewhat unfounded. To then get into petty mudslinging and end up trading personal insults goes beyond the pale.

Disappointed in you, faraway saint; you're a better man than that.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Everyone acts different in barevment he was probably thinking to put out a statement so not to get the press at his house. The husband will be in utter shock.

I appreciate different views on this, perhaps people in the public eye need to do exactly that.

Awful incident regardless :(

My old man went out to buy a newspaper one morning and dropped down dead in the street. When I got told at work that day by the HR manager I said to him "Oh, right. Is it okay if I go home then?". Later on I was talking to one of my cousins and having a right good laugh with her. My dad taught me the pipes and at his funeral I played as he was lowered into his grave. I smiled and chatted to people at the gathering afterwards, having another good laugh with family in the pub later.

Once it was all over and everyone went their separate ways then I broke down in floods of tears, and had sporadic moments thereafter for quite some time.

However the husband of Jo Cox wants to deal with this issue is entirely up to him and any criticism is, as far as I'm concerned, somewhat unfounded. To then get into petty mudslinging and end up trading personal insults goes beyond the pale.

Disappointed in you, faraway saint; you're a better man than that.

Sincere apologies, neither the time or place