Top 5 Games To Relive

Forgot the 5-4 win over Ross County in 2012, wasn't a brilliant performance, or a particularly vital game, but for entertainment value it was a classic! Sadly, it's not often you leave the football feeling like you got your £20 worth.

Forgot about that one too, brought my Rangers supporting mate along because we had a spare season ticket and he said it was the best game he's ever seen live. I remember when we went 4-2 up Goodwin made a slide tackle at the touchline in front of us and stuck his toungue out at the crowd mid slide thinking the game was won.. 10 minutes later it was 4-4. Thommos overhead kick clinched it with the last kick, definitely worth the entry fee for once!

Nobody mention the 4-0 mid-week rout of (then Champions) Dundee Utd in 1983?

It was the Wednesday after the previously mentioned 4-2 defeat if Celtic.

Jim McLean later described it as the most comprehensive demolition of his Championship winning side that he had seen.

Think we were 3 up at half-time? I remember Stevie Clarke volleying home from about 20 yds only for the Ref to disallow the goal. He apparently blew the whistle for HT whilst the ball was heading for the back of the net.

The 4-4 draw v Falkirk in 2002, (?), was hard to take in the first half and, for the few who remained, hard to forget in the second. I was one who watched the whole thing unfold and I couldn't believe it. walking past the Wee barrel I was asked more than once, by deserting Saints' fans how many they got in the second half.

Edited by stlucifer

Most of the Matches mentioned I have great memories of.

Just like to add the 1-0 victory v Falkirk in the Millennium Season.

McKnight with the exhilarating winner.

One of many magnificent days following St Mirren.

a quality finish

In no particular order...

3-2 v Celtic, 2013 League Cup, en route to winning the trophy.

2-1 at Ayr 2000, late late late winner by Paul McKnight

3-2 at Motherwell, aka 'The Great Escape'

2-1 v Hearts, 87 semi final

2-1 away to Raith, 2000, not just one late goal, but two.

So many others, from many years before or after. But these are the games where I REALLY lost it when we scored. And I think that's what makes them most memorable. All the cup wins are up there too, but excluded as per the OP.

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Dalrybud said:

Nobody mention the 4-0 mid-week rout of (then Champions) Dundee Utd in 1983?

It was the Wednesday after the previously mentioned 4-2 defeat if Celtic.

Jim McLean later described it as the most comprehensive demolition of his Championship winning side that he had seen.

Think we were 3 up at half-time? I remember Stevie Clarke volleying home from about 20 yds only for the Ref to disallow the goal. He apparently blew the whistle for HT whilst the ball was heading for the back of the net.

Was the 20 yarder not stickroth..to think..he only scored 2 goals for saints..

• 2 weeks later...
Was the 20 yarder not stickroth..to think..he only scored 2 goals for saints..

I remember that volley well. It was a screamer. Fans were going mental only to realise that the fud, sorry ref, have blew for ht and disallowed it

Motherwell 2 Saints 3 (best atmosphere EVER)

Saints 4 Celtic 2 (0-2 down, Cowboy vaults the advertising at the Caledonia end and Scanlon's screamer)

Mechelen 0 Saints 0 (only Euro away match. Should have been enough. Who knew?)

ICT 1 Saints 2 (back in the big time with goals from Keano and Sutton)

Ayr 1 Saints 2 (McKnight)

Love these threads!