St Mirren V Morton Spfl Championship 6/8/16

shull

got to agree the guys in section W5 managed to get an atmosphere and it was a good idea for the flags. The only criticism I have was that the banner was too far back the clowns at the side of the away stand could not really see it. If they are doing it again get it down the front and into their faces

11 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Totally agree. I can't believe the stick he is getting.

He has ability, dig, effort and a great ability to read the game.

I think he could well be a revelation in midfield.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Black & White Army mobile app

Definitely worth considering. Thing is, though, where would that leave Mallan? I don't think both could be accommodated if we play 4-4-2. Maybe with a 3-5-2? Even then, we would have to drop another attack minded player to ensure that we had sufficient defensive cover (wingbacks).

Of course, it shouldn't be a given that Mallan starts and completes every game, so could be an option.

ETA - I suppose Mallan could be be played behind a lone striker, but that would mean we could be under-utilising our striking options.

Edited by Drew

10 hours ago, notabuddie said:

got to agree the guys in section W5 managed to get an atmosphere and it was a good idea for the flags. The only criticism I have was that the banner was too far back the clowns at the side of the away stand could not really see it. If they are doing it again get it down the front and into their faces

Maybe leave the 6000 odd days of domination banner till near the end of the game if we are winning next time...looked like it had jinxed us until the late goal, that would have been embarassing.

We were woeful all afternoon and i'm still angry about it.

We should be playing the football on the ground as much as possible. The players we have in our squad are more than capable of playing good sharp and fast football yet Rae has persisted with hoof baw for the whole of pre season and even worse at home vs our rivals who were riddled with injuries, playing a few u20's boys to plug gaps and there for a good doing.

Langfield should stick to commanding his 6 yard box rather than trying to become our answer to Andrea Pirlo. Less apologies on twitter big man and more concentrating on being a solid goalkeeper. If anyone knows anyone at the club and can manage to get a message into the dressing room - Please tell Kyle Hutton it's OK to have a shot at goal. Ye' never know it might just go in..

Big improvements needed for Raith on Saturday and if nothing changes it's going to be a long hard brutal season.

31 minutes ago, div said:

We drew 1-1 at home to Ayr United, who played in yellow, on the opening day of season 99-00.

Our next game was Raith Rovers away.

We won 6-0.

Who do we play on Saturday?

Not sure about that one, Div. Lots of things have changed since 2000. Except for Morton not being able to beat us, obviously. That's the same.

I was there on Saturday, hoping for some sort of improvement. Alas, same old rubbish and very lucky to escape with a draw against a team who were hungrier for the ball than us. Very disappointed with the signings made by Alex Rae although not really surprised as I don't rate him as a manager.

If Saints are still going to persist in charging well over the odds at the turnstile, the least they could do is try and entertain the fans and win the odd home game. I don't mean against Edinburgh either.

Worst offenders on Saturday were Naismith and Mallan, players who are meant to have a good reputation but look ordinary at best. Defence still woeful and there seemed to be very little of note up front. Morgan, who impressed me previously, had a torrid time against a good full back, although made the cross for the equaliser. No-one seemed in any mood to have a shot on goal whenever the chance arose.

If this management team are contracted till the end of the season, they had better get the finger out if they entertain thoughts of an extension. An improvement on Craig and Murray is hardly worthy of praise, and it has been but a minor improvement so far.

Time will tell if Saints are going to be in the mix this season, but the signs are not good after having witnessed two poor performances. Fingers crossed for the Raith game on Saturday.

24 minutes ago, Froggie said:

I was there on Saturday, hoping for some sort of improvement. Alas, same old rubbish and very lucky to escape with a draw against a team who were hungrier for the ball than us. Very disappointed with the signings made by Alex Rae although not really surprised as I don't rate him as a manager.

If Saints are still going to persist in charging well over the odds at the turnstile, the least they could do is try and entertain the fans and win the odd home game. I don't mean against Edinburgh either.

Worst offenders on Saturday were Naismith and Mallan, players who are meant to have a good reputation but look ordinary at best. Defence still woeful and there seemed to be very little of note up front. Morgan, who impressed me previously, had a torrid time against a good full back, although made the cross for the equaliser. No-one seemed in any mood to have a shot on goal whenever the chance arose.

If this management team are contracted till the end of the season, they had better get the finger out if they entertain thoughts of an extension. An improvement on Craig and Murray is hardly worthy of praise, and it has been but a minor improvement so far.

Time will tell if Saints are going to be in the mix this season, but the signs are not good after having witnessed two poor performances. Fingers crossed for the Raith game on Saturday.

And the Edinburgh win was actually a dreadful defeat as they amazingly got us knocked out the Cup. 

Bloody hopeless. 

We needed 4, we got 3.

We got knocked out. 

We ain't playing tonight or ramorra because of our inability to score one more goal against the Part Timers of Edinburgh City. 

Frankly, a bloody disgrace. 

We are St Mirren. 

If we had needed to beat Edinburgh City by one goal. 

We would have drawn or lost. 

I totally blame the Ayr Unitit strips that we wear. 

They are needing set on fire and destroyed. 

4 hours ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

Edinburgh didnt get us knocked out the cup our failure to score 1 goal more in ANY of the games got us knocked out.

You're really wasting your time here mate. He appears too "stoopid" to grasp any sensible reasoning.

Edited by stlucifer