St Mirren V Morton Spfl Championship 6/8/16

shull

Maybe Gordon cannae pass the ball across the back 4 at the same Snails pace as Webster and Baird. 

Wish they would all get the ball passed, booted or dribbled forward as quick as possible. 

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Whatever you say about Mortons League Cup matches they won 4. albeit one by pens, that breeds confidence, Thought we are bloody unlucky to be out. Killie are down.

Ok first of season, a tight game 2-1 saints will do me nice

We were not unlucky. 

33 minutes ago, shull said:

A dreadful and disgraceful performance against Edinburgh City left us correctly in third place. 

We were honking. 

Whatever happened to 'Keep Calm and Carry On', the bulldog spirit and your British stiff upper lip? Your acting like one of these furriners you so despise.

A dreadful and disgraceful performance against Edinburgh City left us correctly in third place. 

We were honking. 

We actually beat Edinburgh City by more goals than either of the two teams that finished above us. The result on Saturday wasn't why we didn't go through.

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The result on Saturday was a major reason, although not the only factor, why we didn't go through.

Technically, all results were equally the reason we didn't go through. It could be argued that the biggest contributor was the Hamilton - Ayr tie as it was probably the least expected.

We got f**king knocked out because we made a cnut of it against Edinburgh City. 

One more goal in 60 minutes. 

Never mind 

BRING ON THE SMELLY CNUTS FROM GREENOCK. 

We are gonnae win the League. 

1 hour ago, scottd said:

Whatever happened to 'Keep Calm and Carry On', the bulldog spirit and your British stiff upper lip? Your acting like one of these furriners you so despise.

Carry on? 

We got knocked out. 

The result on Saturday was a major reason, although not the only factor, why we didn't go through.

Well not really the result was a win, the scoreline could have put us through. The two results that put us out were the loss to Hamilton and Ayr unexpectedly beating Hamilton.

As for this game I think there's a good chance we will lose. The balance of the squad looks wrong to me, we have 4 strikers available for Saturday and only 2 central midfielders. I assume we will go 4-4-2 again as we can't play 3 central midfielders as we don't have 3 available.

As a result I can see us being over run in the middle of the park and losing the game. Hope I'm wrong of course, the meltdown on here in the week after will be of epic proportions if I'm right.

I definitely think we need another centre mid, but it looks like the budget has been used up unless we loan a couple of players out. Maybe one of these English clubs will buy McAllister and allow us to bring in another player...doubt it though.

3 hours ago, shull said:

We got f**king knocked out because we made a cnut of it against Edinburgh City. 

One more goal in 60 minutes. 

Never mind 

BRING ON THE SMELLY CNUTS FROM GREENOCK. 

We are gonnae win the League. 

Pretty simplistic summarisation.

Not that this surprises me.