Just When You Think It's All Over - Rival Bid

Langbank

Unbelievable. So if this article is true - and I have my doubts - then at the same time as Gilmour is saying he is chuffed the club is staying in local hands he's still trying to flog it to some dodgy Arabs? Bloody hell. If this doesn't help SMISA and Gordon Scott over the line then nothing will. #buythebuds

Wonder if this is the bid that rea was warning us about ... binding their time until the fans buyout was a possibility .. Would be a very brave Selling consortium to sell to these guys over the fans although would they perhaps do it for an extra 300k?

Although I do doubt how true this story is ... if Gordon & SMISA pay the 100k deposit they have exclusivity anyway ....

Edited by gazmc83

Not gonna lie. If this is true and I have my doubts. I would take this over fan ownership any day of the week.

Fan ownership is cracking but funny money getting tossed at the club is just too good to turn down.

True.

Ask any Hun how good it is to be owned by... Well.... Who the f**k knows...? :rolleyes:

Also...

If the Qataris are anything like knowledgeable,with regard tae Oor fitba, then they'd already be aware that there's a sleeping giant just up the M8.

With 500million fans.

And it would only cost threepence.

But they could haggle...

ETA

...if anyone. Actually knew who owned it or whose funny money is keeping it limping along....

Edited by treaclebreeks

Fan ownership is cracking but funny money getting tossed at the club is just too good to turn down.

f**k NO.

Dundee x 2

Hearts

Livi

Gretna

Throwing money into a club for short term success is the very antithesis of fair sport and anything I believe in.

I truly hope that all clubs in Scotland who try to buy success in that manner are as successful as Gretna... minus and wins on the way to their demise!

Not gonna lie. If this is true and I have my doubts. I would take this over fan ownership any day of the week.

Hopefully you're joking. Hearts are a prime example of this and Buy the Buds will still be on the go 5-10 years from now.

But the next time it will be for the sake of saving the club for going down the pipes. 76% means we'd be completely at this new bidders mercy. The moment they get fed up, it's game over and that can happen exceptionally quickly and make a stunning fall from grace. Just ask Hearts, Livi and Gretna fans.

In addition, is this perhaps what Fitzy was hinting at about a league winning team within 3 years?

The notion is nice but I certainly wouldn't want a league challenging team at the expense of the clubs future being jeopardised down the line.

However, if due diligence is done and they are found to be fit and proper then the bid must be considered like the others.

Edited by djchapsticks

Wonder if this is the bid that rea was warning us about ... binding their time until the fans buyout was a possibility .. Would be a very brave Selling consortium to sell to these guys over the fans although would they perhaps do it for an extra 300k?

Although I do doubt how true this story is ... if Gordon & SMISA pay the 100k deposit they have exclusivity anyway ....

No Comment

There is absolutely no way our Board of Directors would sell to a non St Mirren Supporting Group..

It would be the end for the Club.

Gordon, SMISA & the Fans are the real deal as we go marching on.

Have no reason to doubt Supermac, he wouldn't run a piece like this without having evidence that the story had legs.

Hard to believe it's a plant or to understand what purpose that would have.

Either way whilst it sounds amazing to have someone come in and chuck money at the club you would have to question 1) why on earth they would choose St.Mirren for such a project and 2) what the long term sustainability would be.

#BuyTheBuds is the right answer for our club.

That said, I'd be quite happy to see the Qataris put say £10m into the club in exchange for a seat on the Gordon Scott controlled board mind you.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/14566317.Exclusive__Qatari_consortium_make_bid_for_St_Mirren/

I never seen another thread about this so here goes.

Is it April 1st? Sounds too good to be true

Not good at all.

But dinnaw worry.

WILL NOT HAPPEN

YOU HUV BEEN MERGED

MODS SHIT HOT TODAY

Edited by shull

Unbelievable. So if this article is true - and I have my doubts - then at the same time as Gilmour is saying he is chuffed the club is staying in local hands he's still trying to flog it to some dodgy Arabs? Bloody hell. If this doesn't help SMISA and Gordon Scott over the line then nothing will. #buythebuds

Either deal would help GLS over the line as his shares would be sold to the rival bid.