Just When You Think It's All Over - Rival Bid

Langbank

I would love st mirren to grow into "man city" type through winning games/trophies and therefore attracting new fans. God knows I've been waiting for it for 30 odd years.

I do not want them to become a man city type club through some unknown consortium ploughing money into them and putting the future of the club at risk.

300k is a lot of dosh to turn down.

Could be they need St Mirren to get involved in the sports village. If the article is to be believed then they want to be involved for a decent time if they are talking about Europe.

Fan led bid break even no extra major investment

Or

This bid. 300k more to selling consortium Extra investment in the club.

Interesting times.

Worst thing that could happen we reject this bid go for the fan buy out and then suddenly find Morton are in bed with Qatri's with money to burn

Could be they need St Mirren to get involved in the sports village. If the article is to be believed then they want to be involved for a decent time if they are talking about Europe.

Or

Interesting times.

Worst thing that could happen we reject this bid go for the fan buy out and then suddenly find Morton are in bed with Qatri's with money to burn

I would be to crash and burn.

I don't think anyone thinks for a minute the Qatari thing would happen.

Saints will do just fine with the supporters looking after us.

Non story IMO

Or

Interesting times.

Then Morton die in a few years time.

The sale price between Gordon, SMiSA and the consortium is set, there has always been an overt inference regarding another 'Potential' buyer being funded from the middle east. However its easy to say what you will do, and what model you would base it on, its a much different thing to actually do it, and show the credibility of your plan.

I would like ST Mirren to be the next Leicester City, in fact we can base ourselves on their model.... if you can do it for nowt!

Remember Argentina!

Or

Interesting times.

It is not really that much more than fans bid...certainly not enough IMHO to make the consortium change direction.

Remember a good proportion to that 300k buys GLS shares.

I live in the Middle East and your typical Gulf arab is football daft. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool daft; NOT Scottish second-tier provincial club that they've never heard of daft. St Mirren is not the sort of "sleeping giant" that Man City or Chelsea were before Abrahmovic & Abu Dhabi Inc. investment arrived.

Anyway, if it was to happen, wouldn't such investment lead us down a route that could see the club on the wrong side of financial fair play requirements with the salaries necessary to attract the sort of players to achieve such lofty goals being too large a proportional of overall turnover, to name one hurdle.

God forbid that there is any mileage in this. OK, some Qatari sugar-daddy could flood the club with cash and take a controlling interest enabling him and his puppet, sorry, manager to bring in a team of promising kids and one-time stars and journeymen in an attempt to buy success. Look how long it took Chelski and Man City to get to the top with the backing they had, and the problems they had in staying there. All very flash in the pan and knee-jerk with the sacking of managers who either don't meet expectations or agree to what the sugar-daddy demands.

All sounds way too fishy for me.

As an aside, while living out here, my wife was friends with a European lady whose husband coached/managed one of the less glamorous local teams and in his first season took them to the final of the national cup competition and their best league placing in years. He was rewarded with a new contract offering him significantly less than he was on in his first year. Is that the sort of ownership we want?????

Edited by DXBBud

Still bamboozled.

Why no 'u' in Qatar?

... because it is not an English language word, therefore English language rules don't apply. It is what they call "anglicisation" or "arabisation" in reverse when they take the word and use the letters of the other alphabet to make the phonetic sound of the original language.

... because it is not an English language word, therefore English language rules don't apply. It is what they call "anglicisation" or "arabisation" in reverse when they take the word and use the letters of the other alphabet to make the phonetic sound of the original language.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Apparently they are only interested in the stadium. They plan to put it in a container when it's wet and windy and cold, ship it over to the middle east ready to use when the world cup starts, and with it's in-built ready made air conditioned climate, it will be one less stadium to build. Up side is we will be Scottish Champions for 3 years between 2019 and 2022 before it goes! sorcerer.gif

Edited by sally02

I live in the Middle East and your typical Gulf arab is football daft. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool daft; NOT Scottish second-tier provincial club that they've never heard of daft. St Mirren is not the sort of "sleeping giant" that Man City or Chelsea were before Abrahmovic & Abu Dhabi Inc. investment arrived.

Anyway, if it was to happen, wouldn't such investment lead us down a route that could see the club on the wrong side of financial fair play requirements with the salaries necessary to attract the sort of players to achieve such lofty goals being too large a proportional of overall turnover, to name one hurdle.

God forbid that there is any mileage in this. OK, some Qatari sugar-daddy could flood the club with cash and take a controlling interest enabling him and his puppet, sorry, manager to bring in a team of promising kids and one-time stars and journeymen in an attempt to buy success. Look how long it took Chelski and Man City to get to the top with the backing they had, and the problems they had in staying there. All very flash in the pan and knee-jerk with the sacking of managers who either don't meet expectations or agree to what the sugar-daddy demands.

All sounds way too fishy for me.

As an aside, while living out here, my wife was friends with a European lady whose husband coached/managed one of the less glamorous local teams and in his first season took them to the final of the national cup competition and their best league placing in years. He was rewarded with a new contract offering him significantly less than he was on in his first year. Is that the sort of ownership we want?????

sounds familiar.