Just When You Think It's All Over - Rival Bid

Langbank

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm scunnered listening to Chico opening his gob and spouting the square root of fcuk-all of substance in regard to St Mirren and the sale thereof. If he has anything worthwhile to say, anything concrete, anything amounting to more than merely liking the sound of his own voice... Someone give me a nudge.

36 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm scunnered listening to Chico opening his gob and spouting the square root of fcuk-all of substance in regard to St Mirren and the sale thereof. If he has anything worthwhile to say, anything concrete, anything amounting to more than merely liking the sound of his own voice... Someone give me a nudge.

Surprised Chico is still on Radio Scotland as the word was he was getting bumped this season. Hopefully he is just filling in until someone gets back their holidays.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Hope no-one on the Board is chatting to Chick as he is on record as being a fanny  and interested in a rival bid. Any direct contact with Chick at this time would be very naughty.

FIFY

Really wish I'd taken a picture of Chick at the game last night as he looked an absolute state. Had also clearly been out in the sun far too long which may be why he's spouting this latest nonsense. The legal process has only been going for a month - anyone moaning that's taking too long needs their head examined. It took at least six weeks for the lawyers to deal with my house move and that was relatively straight forward!

I'm sure the Dubai consortium are just waiting to pounce.

43 minutes ago, Stu said:

Really wish I'd taken a picture of Chick at the game last night as he looked an absolute state. Had also clearly been out in the sun far too long which may be why he's spouting this latest nonsense. The legal process has only been going for a month - anyone moaning that's taking too long needs their head examined. It took at least six weeks for the lawyers to deal with my house move and that was relatively straight forward!

Indeed. Slabbering shite as usual....

chico that is, not you Stu.

49 minutes ago, Stu said:

:o Nobody told me about them.

:whistle:P

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm scunnered listening to Chico opening his gob and spouting the square root of fcuk-all of substance in regard to St Mirren and the sale thereof. If he has anything, anything concrete, anything amounting to more than merely liking the sound of his own voice... Someone give me a nudge.

Like this.....boots.jpg

Hope no-one on the Board is chatting to Chick as he is on record as being "in the know"  and interested in a rival bid. Any direct contact with Chick at this time would be very naughty.

It's only naughty if he's directly involved. But, that said, I'm certain nobody needs to use Chic as a go between anyway. Each party is fully capable of keeping our board informed and vice versa.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Black & White Army mobile app

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

I think Gilmour and Campbell just feed Chico utter shite and then pish themselves when he reports it on the radio.

They certainly use him as their poodle - Jim Spence too. Chic particularly, it seems to me, appears to have made a very good career out of keeping managers, players and chairmen at a number of clubs on board by broadcasting the stories they want out there and not digging deep or asking searching questions. I don't think you can blame him for that, but it does severely damage his credibility as a journalist. 

My suspicion from what I heard him saying on the radio last night is that one of the directors in the selling consortium told him they were getting frustrated and were ready to pull the deal in order to try to put pressure on SMiSA and Gordon Scott to rush the deal. It seems to have been a regular tactic that the selling consortium have used when using "rival bids" to try to force the hands of potential suitors. 

3 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

They certainly use him as their poodle - Jim Spence too. Chic particularly, it seems to me, appears to have made a very good career out of keeping managers, players and chairmen at a number of clubs on board by broadcasting the stories they want out there and not digging deep or asking searching questions. I don't think you can blame him for that, but it does severely damage his credibility as a journalist. 

My suspicion from what I heard him saying on the radio last night is that one of the directors in the selling consortium told him they were getting frustrated and were ready to pull the deal in order to try to put pressure on SMiSA and Gordon Scott to rush the deal. It seems to have been a regular tactic that the selling consortium have used when using "rival bids" to try to force the hands of potential suitors. 

I think your suspicion is entirely wrong. On the plus side, you never brought the SNP into it.

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I don't think he made it up himself. I don't think he's that clever. Perhaps he consulted the Wings Over Scotland website for his story....(well you did ask for it) :rolleyes: 

My suspicion would be along these lines....

SG: 'Hi Chick, how's things? Lovely night for a game, pitch looks great.'

Chick: 'Aye, could be a good game, how's the sale coming along?'

SG: 'Ach you know, it's with the lawyers, those buggers will take an age to pour over it'.

Chick: (cartoon thought bubble appears above sunburned baldy napper)....'Hmmm...'

Fast forward to broadcast 'Open All Mics'...

It's sunny here at Paisley, the pitch looks great, but I'm hearing the lawyers are involved in the club sale deal and there are other suitors waiting to pounce!

Summat' like that.