St Mirren Under 20's 2016/17

shull

A tremendously entertaining half of football, all four forwards have scored with Orsi and McAllister being standouts, Magennis and Whyte have been industrious in midfield and McKenzie and Gordon solid at the back. Lots of movement off the ball, short crisp passing and other than the mad minute on the half hour mark, when instead of it being 4-0 it was 3-2, thoroughly enjoyable.

What a fantastic performance. The 2 Kyles McGennis and MacAlistair were unplayable in the 1st half. New boy signed from Aberdeen Kalvin Orsi was superb. 2 goals from Lewis McLear and goals from Conor O,Keefe MacAlistair and Orsi rounded one the most enjoyable nights at St. Mirren Park for a long time. Well done boys superb nights entertainment

Yeah my first time watching the under-20s and it's the most I've enjoyed a game in ages.

McAllister ran riot in the half that he played, Orsi looked a real handful and the likes of Flanagan & O'Keefe were very lively and impressive.

Thought MacKenzie had a great game as well. Powerful in the air but comfortable enough with the ball at his feet. Gordon didn't do much wrong either.

Magennis & Whyte looked solid throughout and wee McLear took his second goal in particular very well.

All in all a great night of entertaining football. Mon the baby buds!

47 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

What a fantastic performance. The 2 Kyles McGennis and MacAlistair were unplayable in the 1st half. New boy signed from Aberdeen Kalvin Orsi was superb. 2 goals from Lewis McLear and goals from Conor O,Keefe MacAlistair and Orsi rounded one the most enjoyable nights at St. Mirren Park for a long time. Well done boys superb nights entertainment

Have to echo this.

I'd forgotten what it was like to enjoy attending a game of football.

The only long balls were generally kick outs from Langfield or crosses from between the 18 yard box and the bye line. The latter of which created three goals and two efforts (from McKenzie) off the woodwork.

Great to see players running at the opposition and getting past them. Passing and running into space for the return.

So far removed from the utter shite we've suffered watching the 1st XI.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

I attended the game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great effort from both teams. Great display by the young saints. Bodes well for the future. As Arnie once said "I will be back.!"

Yeah I'll definitely be back too. Night and day to the stuff we've been watching in the first team.

It does beg the question why some of these lads aren't involved with the first team.