St Mirren Under 20's 2016/17

shull

20 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Great to see players running at the opposition and getting past them. Passing and running into space for the return.

So far removed from the utter shite we've suffered watching the 1st XI.

This. And the movement in general off the ball was really impressive. Midfield always had plenty of options rather than a very static front line to shell to.

Difficult to get too carried away but I left feeling happy and encouraged. Can't mind the last time I left the 2021 feeling that way!

6 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Any of the youngsters look like a punt for a start in centre mid for the first team? Desperately need someone in middle of the park and we may just have one of those capable playing in the unders.

I,m not sure that they could come straight in but they dont look too far away.I,m obviously biased regarding Kyle Magennis because he,s my nephews boy but he was immense last night and he,s just came back from injury.He was breaking up play then creating and played a part in what was a terrific display by our kids.I absolutely loved the football on show last night and things aint looking so bleak.My worry would have been if there was nothing coming through.On this display there is plenty.

2 hours ago, northendsaint said:

I,m not sure that they could come straight in but they dont look too far away.I,m obviously biased regarding Kyle Magennis because he,s my nephews boy but he was immense last night and he,s just came back from injury.He was breaking up play then creating and played a part in what was a terrific display by our kids.I absolutely loved the football on show last night and things aint looking so bleak.My worry would have been if there was nothing coming through.On this display there is plenty.

Sir Alex, built his team around promising youngsters throwing them in and letting them flourish. We have nothing to lose by giving these kids a shot, it's not as if they would ruin a great team or dent our promotion chances. 

These kids sound as though they are worth giving a run in the first team.

12 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

What a fantastic performance. The 2 Kyles McGennis and MacAlistair were unplayable in the 1st half. New boy signed from Aberdeen Kalvin Orsi was superb. 2 goals from Lewis McLear and goals from Conor O,Keefe MacAlistair and Orsi rounded one the most enjoyable nights at St. Mirren Park for a long time. Well done boys superb nights entertainment

Not often I agree 100% with Gary but that was wonderful viewing. There was tremendous movement from McAllister,McLear,Orsi and O'Keefe, we had strikers who could control the ball and wide men who could beat a man with McAllister's passing also a joy. McGennis (with two great set ups) and Whyte (although probably culpable for the penalty giveaway) worked tremendously hard to break up any Inverness threat and then keep the play moving. Defence, apart from the odd Doran run, coped admirably.

First time for ages gone home from a game with a smile on my face. Some of these lads took another step closer to the 1st team last night.

On 8/30/2016 at 9:08 PM, div said:

Yeah I'll definitely be back too. Night and day to the stuff we've been watching in the first team.

It does beg the question why some of these lads aren't involved with the first team.

Div.

With performances like the one on Tuesday night, I feel sure a number of the players will get opportunities as the season progresses. I certainly hope so.

Any of the youngsters look like a punt for a start in centre mid for the first team? Desperately need someone in middle of the park and we may just have one of those capable playing in the unders.

In this cup tie. I would to give Kyle McAllister and Kyle McGennis a start. Kalvin Orsi maybe a bit to soon. Or the manager will play a strong team in the hope they will win comfortable to promote some confidence and use the youngster on the bench.

On 31/08/2016 at 6:25 AM, northendsaint said:

It's good to know that there has been no drop in standard since Longwell moved on. :)

5 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Saints lineup...

Willison, McNaughton, Stewart, Magennis, Gordon, MacDonald, Flanagan, Whyte, Orsi, Mclear, O'Keefe.

Subs - Henry, Barclay, MacPherson, Fawkes, Johnston, McKendry, Scally.

No McAllister :huh:

His absence from both tonight and Saturday might suggest that he's injured.