St Mirren Under 20's 2016/17

shull

Went to my first U20 game at the new stadium tonight. Back four looked pretty decent especially Whyte and Stewart - the only one who looked like he could play in the first team at the moment. Orsi worked hard up front with little support. However I was really disappointed in the midfield who looked disinterested (and unfit?) as they just ambled about showing little urgency and being constantly caught in possession. I left after 60 mins so maybe there was a huge improvement after that.

On another note I saw John Sutton in the car park as I parked my car and then saw him sitting with a coach in the Main Stand - the only two people in that Section. Nice to see one first team player take an interest in what is happening with the U20s. And Martin Canning, playing centre half,  was constantly coaching his young team throughout the match. Thought we could be doing with someone like that.

31 minutes ago, Sonny said:

On another note I saw John Sutton in the car park as I parked my car and then saw him sitting with a coach in the Main Stand - the only two people in that Section. Nice to see one first team player take an interest in what is happening with the U20s

He was also at the last home game vs Hibs.

33 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Went to my first U20 game at the new stadium tonight. Back four looked pretty decent especially Whyte and Stewart - the only one who looked like he could play in the first team at the moment. Orsi worked hard up front with little support. However I was really disappointed in the midfield who looked disinterested (and unfit?) as they just ambled about showing little urgency and being constantly caught in possession. I left after 60 mins so maybe there was a huge improvement after that.

On another note I saw John Sutton in the car park as I parked my car and then saw him sitting with a coach in the Main Stand - the only two people in that Section. Nice to see one first team player take an interest in what is happening with the U20s. And Martin Canning, playing centre half,  was constantly coaching his young team throughout the match. Thought we could be doing with someone like that.

The was :double

Have to say Canning fouled and niggled the whole game. Should have been sent of for basically punching McLear in the back of the head. Our players let him stroll about first half 

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Another Quitongo making the Grade ?

Rico is a great lad. He worked with our 98's for two seasons before going down to his own age group at 99's. To put you in the picture here Shull our 99's squad are a top team and Rico was an absolute stand out and unlike Jai he hasn't been passed around a load of clubs. 

I'd love to see him make the grade but the last time I saw him he was selling football programmes to St Mirren fans at New Douglas Park prior to kick off in the League Cup tie. 

3 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Rico is a great lad. He worked with our 98's for two seasons before going down to his own age group at 99's. To put you in the picture here Shull our 99's squad are a top team and Rico was an absolute stand out and unlike Jai he hasn't been passed around a load of clubs. 

I'd love to see him make the grade but the last time I saw him he was selling football programmes to St Mirren fans at New Douglas Park prior to kick off in the League Cup tie. 

Sounds as if he'll make it.

Selling Programmes will not halt his progress.

Keeps his feet on the ground

11 minutes ago, insaintee said:

The was :double

Have to say Canning fouled and niggled the whole game. Should have been sent of for basically punching McLear in the back of the head. Our players let him stroll about first half 

The young yins should be playing with and against Senior Pros every week.

Reserve Football