Forum Upgrade

I'm using Firefox mobile and also on the desktop, Div.

Strange. I'm using Firefox on desktop and the site is absolutely flying.

I took the site down for 25 mins there as I moved it to a new server in London. Previous server was older and it was in Germany.

Might make a wee bit of difference to speed.

2 minutes ago, div said:

I took the site down for 25 mins there as I moved it to a new server in London. Previous server was older and it was in Germany.

Fcuk sake, Div's taken us out of Europe!

20 minutes ago, div said:

It just doesn't seem to scroll smoothly. I get a black screen and then the posts load up blurred at first before clearing (almost like going into focus).

Maybe I've just not got the hang of it,  but it feels like hard work just now, and pretty bloody frustrating. I have the fastest Virgin broadband, and it is very quick with everything else I'm doing despite the pounding it gets in here.

When I tap text on the screen to edit text, it jumps about erratically, usually to the start of the post.

Edited by Drew

8 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

The way some are going on you would think they already pay for this forum.

Be grateful we have div as a fellow supporter able to provide this for us.

Nobody is ungrateful.

We all appreciate the Forum.

But. I am sure if there are teething problems with the upgrade, Div will be delighted to get feedback , so he can get it sortit.

55 minutes ago, Drew said:

It just doesn't seem to scroll smoothly. I get a black screen and then the posts load up blurred at first before clearing (almost like going into focus).

Maybe I've just not got the hang of it,  but it feels like hard work just now, and pretty bloody frustrating. I have the fastest Virgin broadband, and it is very quick with everything else I'm doing despite the pounding it gets in here.

When I tap text on the screen to edit text, it jumps about erratically, usually to the start of the post.

Can't think why that would be. I'm using firefox, I'm on 20Mb broadband, almost certainly a lot slower than yours, and it's running absolutely perfectly.

Can you try another browser first just to eliminate firefox as the cause please? Download Chrome or something like that, tell me if it behaves the same if you don't mind mate?

44 minutes ago, div said:

Can't think why that would be. I'm using firefox, I'm on 20Mb broadband, almost certainly a lot slower than yours, and it's running absolutely perfectly.

Can you try another browser first just to eliminate firefox as the cause please? Download Chrome or something like that, tell me if it behaves the same if you don't mind mate?

Personally , I don't see any benefit . .

I seem to have lost the function of seeing the latest threads that have been posted on the right of the main forum page . .also , I see that both our avatar photies are distorted . .I don't know if that will improve or not . .

Get it sorted Macpherson. .

Someone mentioned not going to the most recent post in a thread when clicked. Just to the left of the thread title  in whatever subforum you're browsing there's a big dot, which turns to a star if you've commented or replied (I think that's what makes it a star) if you click this it takes you to the first unread post in the thread. Works for me anyway.

20160623_234541.png

Edited by slapsalmon
Eta photo

1 hour ago, RickMcD said:

I think it looks good and enjoying it on my laptop but simply can't get anything on my phone which is a pain. Kept getting asked if I have forgotten my password and then won't let me change it when I try. Help!

You need to enter you name as RickMcD not whatever you used to enter. I had a similar issue.

I think it looks good and enjoying it on my laptop but simply can't get anything on my phone which is a pain. Kept getting asked if I have forgotten my password and then won't let me change it when I try. Help!

Got the same problem with both phone via browser and laptop (but the app's still working). It now won't even let me browse as a guest.

Think div's trying to tell me something...