Forum Upgrade

11 hours ago, Danny said:

Got a problem with topic titles both on the list page and at the top of each thread on my Galaxy tablet with android

They are showing as one letter to a line like this

T

I

t

l

e

Any advice?

I'm getting this as well. Desktop is fine but I've given up on the mobile. The only things that are loading correctly are the adverts. Everything else is as above and unresponsive to any clicks.

18 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

I'm getting this as well. Desktop is fine but I've given up on the mobile. The only things that are loading correctly are the adverts. Everything else is as above and unresponsive to any clicks.

I can't recreate this problem on either iOS or Android but I've seen a few folk mention it both here and on P&B.

What browser are you using on your mobile?

11 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

I'm getting thisvidual postsnas well. Desktop is fine but I've given up on the mobile. The only things that are loading correctly are the adverts. Everything else is as above and unresponsive to any clicks.

Its only the title that displays like that for me the Indviual posts are fine Im usingIE Explorer

4 hours ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Not liking the update that my phone installed today. Loads of pictures and can't tell if a topic has had a new posting or not

Android?

You can switch the photo preview thing off my clicking the three line menu at top left, then go into settings, then Edit Discussion Card, untick "Show Photo Preview" and in there tick "Grey Out Read Discussions".

Let me know if that helps.

On 08/07/2016 at 9:49 PM, Hendo said:

Ok div, now that Gilmour has spare time on his hands, did you put him in charge of the upgrade?

Don't like it at all. Main complaint is sometimes when I click on a thread, I get re-directed to an advert. I don't want a loan or a new fecking car!

The only adverts are at the top and the bottom of the page, not sure how you can be hitting an advert when clicking on a topic title mate?

On 09/07/2016 at 9:09 AM, RickMcD said:

I like the look of it but I just can't get my head round how to post properly. I hate change which I know is an age thing. I would literally need a training course to get going properly but that's not available. So reluctantly I'm out now too. I'll still read the forum but won't/can't contribute.

Really sorry to see posts like this but I'm not really sure what's changed in terms of making posts. It isn't really any different than it was before mate?

And the fact you've made that post suggests you do know how to do it!

Android?

You can switch the photo preview thing off my clicking the three line menu at top left, then go into settings, then Edit Discussion Card, untick "Show Photo Preview" and in there tick "Grey Out Read Discussions".

I tried to do this div but I press the 3 dot menu and settings isn't an option. Sorry if I'm being stupid.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Black & White Army mobile app

11 hours ago, div said:

Android?

Thanks, that's it sorted now

3 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Every time I try to leave one of the Forum pages, I get a dialogue box asking me if I really want to leave.  it's bloody annoying.  How do I stop it?

Do you really want to leave? 

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

Every time I try to leave one of the Forum pages, I get a dialogue box asking me if I really want to leave.  it's bloody annoying.  How do I stop it?

Desktop, App or Mobile Browser mate?

What exactly does the message say?

4 hours ago, div said:

Desktop, App or Mobile Browser mate?

What exactly does the message say?

Desktop.  It comes up in a dialogue box with "Are you sure you want to leave this page?"

Under that it has "message from webpage", then

"false", and then two clickable 'arrows'.  These say "Leave this page" and Stay on this page"

I have to click the first to change to another page.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

When I click a thread, the Weather thread, it takes me to the first page?

Happening on laptop and also on android phone? 

Dinnae click on the Thread .

Click on the Dot or Star next to Topic Title.

Or get yir Camel to do it for you, FFS