New Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. ?

shull

You've got to love these Natsis. First it was Farage who ran the leave campaign and small England UKIP racists who took us out of the EU. Boris was a joke figure to the Natsis and he was going to help the SNP deliver Scottish Independence cause the UK would be f**ked with Boris in charge. Now Boris is the evil mastermind, who not only single-handedly won the EU referendum, but who now having delivered a vote that ensures we're leaving the EU has had the good sense to walk away and to leave it all for someone else to pick up the pieces. 

All of that is bollocks of course. It's far more simple that that. Johnston has realised that he won't get enough support from the 1922 committee and he's ruled himself out of the running rather than damage his career by standing for something he can't win. Gove has been a bit of a dick, but Theresa May should be an absolute shoe in now and that of course will be a disaster for Nicola Sturgeon and her ambitions cause Theresa May is a totally competent and capable politician who will deliver a good deal for the whole of the UK. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

What has this got do no with the SNP ? There's several other threads for that. If May wins and has the sense not to take us out as most suspect, that will indeed be a good deal for the UK. It will also enrage half the electorate so she will have plenty on her plate in her homeland. Whoever takes over is on a hiding to nothing, that's very obvious from the candidates 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Pedantry alert !!

Shoo-in not shoe in. Nothing to do with footwear Stuart.

Might he have been making a pun.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2978868/As-Theresa-wears-thigh-high-boots-meet-Queen-Home-Secretary-s-outrageous-footwear-revealed.html

Well I'm shoe-r he'll now say he was!:lol:

Why Boris chucked it. According to Boris..............................

3 hrs · Boris Johnson is persuaded he is the victim of a beautifully and ruthlessly exercised coup by Michael Gove and his longstanding adviser, Dominic Cummings, I understand.

Here is what his people tell me.

1. Johnson's Telegraph article on Monday, which outraged some Leave supporters because it appeared to row back on controlling EU immigration, was edited and approved by Gove. (The e-mail between Boris and Gove with the editing is on Peston's twitter).

2. Johnson neither offered George Osborne the post of foreign secretary nor leaked that he had done this. His people say Gove had those talks with Osborne.

3. On Saturday night, Gove asked for and was offered the post of chancellor in a Johnson government, with the added responsibility of negotiating the terms of Brexit.

4. Gove insisted on bringing his controversial adviser Dominic Cummings into the team. Johnson refused.

5. Even so, Gove brought Cummings to a meeting with Johnson and Sir Lynton Crosby on Monday.

6. Gove wanted Johnson to replace his media advisor Will Walden with Paul Stephenson. Johnson refused.

7. Gove persuaded Johnson not to offer any future cabinet posts to high profile supporters, so as not to reduce his flexibility in government. So Johnson should not be blamed if some potential big-hitting backers, like Andrea Leadsom, could not be won over.

8. Gove told the media he was quitting the Johnson camp and running to be leader without personally telling Johnson.

9. Yesterday, the media mogul Rupert Murdoch, who News Corp owns the Sun and Times newspapers, told the Times's business summit that he had doubts about Johnson and wished Gove was a candidate.

Ain't politics a lovely business.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Why Boris chucked it. According to Boris..............................

3 hrs · Boris Johnson is persuaded he is the victim of a beautifully and ruthlessly exercised coup by Michael Gove and his longstanding adviser, Dominic Cummings, I understand.

Here is what his people tell me.

1. Johnson's Telegraph article on Monday, which outraged some Leave supporters because it appeared to row back on controlling EU immigration, was edited and approved by Gove. (The e-mail between Boris and Gove with the editing is on Peston's twitter).

2. Johnson neither offered George Osborne the post of foreign secretary nor leaked that he had done this. His people say Gove had those talks with Osborne.

3. On Saturday night, Gove asked for and was offered the post of chancellor in a Johnson government, with the added responsibility of negotiating the terms of Brexit.

4. Gove insisted on bringing his controversial adviser Dominic Cummings into the team. Johnson refused.

5. Even so, Gove brought Cummings to a meeting with Johnson and Sir Lynton Crosby on Monday.

6. Gove wanted Johnson to replace his media advisor Will Walden with Paul Stephenson. Johnson refused.

7. Gove persuaded Johnson not to offer any future cabinet posts to high profile supporters, so as not to reduce his flexibility in government. So Johnson should not be blamed if some potential big-hitting backers, like Andrea Leadsom, could not be won over.

8. Gove told the media he was quitting the Johnson camp and running to be leader without personally telling Johnson.

9. Yesterday, the media mogul Rupert Murdoch, who News Corp owns the Sun and Times newspapers, told the Times's business summit that he had doubts about Johnson and wished Gove was a candidate.

Ain't politics a lovely business.

Gove is a snake in the grass who should be run out of town.

Boris is a big daft boy who shouldn't have been let out of school.

Between them both they have lit a fuse under our country and divided the nation.

7 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Gove is a snake in the grass who should be run out of town.

Boris is a big daft boy who shouldn't have been let out of school.

Between them both they have lit a fuse under our country and divided the nation.

Don't forget that other snivelling arsehole Farage.

We only had an EU referendum because of internal divisions in the Tory party. Davie Bullingdon Boy Cameron thought a 'remain' vote was a shoe-in / shoo-in. Boris fcuking Johnson and Nigel fcuking Farage are lying, lying, devious fcuking cnuts. Farage racking up in Brussels and giving it big licks? 'You're not laughing now, are you!' Who the fcuk does this cnut think he is? The last thing we needed was a fanny lke him rubbing our European neighbours up even more, a mere day or two after the vote. Meanwhile, Boris has completely shat his Calvin Kleins. An utter, utter buffoon - but a dangerous buffoon. He was funny when he tackled an opponent in Soccer Aid. He was funny when he rugby tackled a Japanese kid. He was funny when he got stuck on a zip wire promoting the Olympics... but how in the name of fcuk did he get anywhere NEAR a position of power? 350 million to the NHS? My fcuking arse. Liars. Now we have Gove and May, Corbyn in denial, confusion, uncertainty... my prediction? You know these anti-capitalist demonstrations that pop up in London from time to time? Anarchists and hoo-hahs rack up wearing masks and daub graffitti on the Cenotaph etc? London is heading for a motherfcuker of those, it will be very, very ugly. Organised on the internet, and attended not just by the anarchist punk hoo-hahs out for kicks, but a massive amount of disenchanted ordinary punters who have had enough of politicians lying to them. A full scale fcuking riot.

I am not particularly political. I have said before, I have voted SNP, Labour and Lib Dem - based on my perception of the calibre of the individual candidate put up in my particular area. I am far from a rabid nationalist, but the way I feel today, I want to distance myself from Eng-er-land and their right-wing Tory fcuktards. I'll take my chances with Nicola, and yes, Ruth Davidson, Willie Rennie, Patrick Harvie and Kezia Dugdale (unless she trots out Eddie Izzard in full drag).

It should also be said I posted while having imbibed a few shandies. How's the spelling and grammar? Looks no' bad, considering the amount of shandies involved. Fcuking politicians. Fcukum. (Copyright Shull).

Edited by pozbaird
Edited for the fcuking hell of it.

commentators now saying that if May gets elected then she might well take the assessment of the BREXIT dept and decide then if she should go back to the country based on what deal we are likely to get.

Also a guy from the times explaining that neither Gove nor boris wanted to win, they just wanted to shake things up enough to gt Cameron out and soften the EU up for a better deal

14 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

commentators now saying that if May gets elected then she might well take the assessment of the BREXIT dept and decide then if she should go back to the country based on what deal we are likely to get.

Also a guy from the times explaining that neither Gove nor boris wanted to win, they just wanted to shake things up enough to gt Cameron out and soften the EU up for a better deal

I fully agree the pair of trumpets wanted to make a name for themselves. You could see the "oh shit" look on Boris face when the result was announced. They have made a rip roaring cnut of a stupid game.

I think they thought they would lose but gain popularity just as the SNP did after losing the referendum. However they won it on a load of false promises and have destroyed both their careers.

It was very obvious from the mood of leave voters on Question Time last night that there us already a strong undercurrent amongst them that they have been duped. How the hell we move in from here is anyone's guess. Probably the biggest political screw up post war and all so unnecessary and from a real position of strength for the Tories. Rip roaring cnut of it barely touhes the side to be honest.

Scotland should go ahead with another referendum. The red and blue Tories are fighting amongst each other. Labour will not win another election in the next 20 years and i have not and never will vote for the Tories. We voted to stay in the EU and if we are forced to go independent to remain in the EU then that's the way it has to be.

5 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

Scotland should go ahead with another referendum. The red and blue Tories are fighting amongst each other. Labour will not win another election in the next 20 years and i have not and never will vote for the Tories. We voted to stay in the EU and if we are forced to go independent to remain in the EU then that's the way it has to be.

The UK will remain in the EU there will be a second referendum.

Just now, Kendo said:

The UK will remain in the EU there will be a second referendum.

I hope so it will make the Red and Blue Tories look even more incompetent. I actually doubt it will happen UK wide. In the case of Scotland, we voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU and will have our referendum if we want it.