The Politics Thread

shull

• 2 weeks later...

31 minutes ago, delpierro said:

5yrs from now, Scotland will be a Republic.
Happy Days.

And will still be infested and run by Sevco and Celtic scum with our Roads still potholed. 

• 2 months later...
Guest TPAFKATS

It was meant to provide additional safety for children.

I'd like our opposition parties to work constructively on legislation at Scottish Parliament which will benefit Scotland and its people, instead of seeking to score cheap political points.
They done the same with OBFA.

Fair comment. I'm not exactly sure what the legislation was meant to achieve but it looked unworkable. 

It was meant to provide additional safety for children.

I'd like our opposition parties to work constructively on legislation at Scottish Parliament which will benefit Scotland and its people, instead of seeking to score cheap political points.
They done the same with OBFA.
This was certainly not point scoring. It was totally unworkable legislation.
Farcical.

Guest TPAFKATS
This was certainly not point scoring. It was totally unworkable legislation.
Farcical.
No party voted against the Bill when it first came to parliament. If they didn't like the draft legislation they offered no alternatives or amendments.

Guest TPAFKATS
Exactly...

Parties in opposition gave it a chance and were willing to support it.

Became a minefield.

You defeated your own argument.
They supported it until there was a chance of political gain.

By no longer supporting it and offering no alternative they are failing children.

They supported it until there was a chance of political gain.

By no longer supporting it and offering no alternative they are failing children.
Then why has there not been a public outcry or a push from the SNP to save the legislation?

They KNOW it is not manageable or widely supported!

People involved in child protection have said as much!

Better cutting losses and saving damage to the system through something well intended but not thought out!

Example?

Opposite end of the scale... Dementia.
Scottish Government legislated that every person diagnosed with dementia was entitled to a full years post diagnostic support from a named nurse.

Well meaning and idealistic.

Also harmful!

Our local CPNs gave 6 monthly visits to people with dementia and their carers.

Great system. Working well.

New legislation passed.

No additional funding.
No additional hours.

Community Health Team pulled all six monthly visits to concentrate on the post diagnostic support.

Surprise.... Much of it is rejected as people are not ready for intensive support at that stage.

Meantime... People in dire need of support are left wanting as Government targets have to be met!

Childcare has been spared this yet you see it as an attack on the infallible masters!

Shame on you.

Guest TPAFKATS
Then why has there not been a public outcry or a push from the SNP to save the legislation?

They KNOW it is not manageable or widely supported!

People involved in child protection have said as much!

Better cutting losses and saving damage to the system through something well intended but not thought out!

Example?

Opposite end of the scale... Dementia.
Scottish Government legislated that every person diagnosed with dementia was entitled to a full years post diagnostic support from a named nurse.

Well meaning and idealistic.

Also harmful!

Our local CPNs gave 6 monthly visits to people with dementia and their carers.

Great system. Working well.

New legislation passed.

No additional funding.
No additional hours.

Community Health Team pulled all six monthly visits to concentrate on the post diagnostic support.

Surprise.... Much of it is rejected as people are not ready for intensive support at that stage.

Meantime... People in dire need of support are left wanting as Government targets have to be met!

Childcare has been spared this yet you see it as an attack on the infallible masters!

Shame on you.
Oh dear. That's a rant and a half and right at the end we see why #snpbad

I'll try one last time to repeat my point.
No party in holyrood voted against this - torys abstained and rest voted in favour.

I don't think it's good for political parties to decide not to do something positive for children's wellbeing as its "a minefield"

They should work together to get a workable solution.

Lastly, many organisations who work in this area were in favour of the legislation. This might be why there are versions of it already in place across Scotland.

No party in holyrood voted against this - torys abstained and rest voted in favour.

I don't think it's good for political parties to decide not to do something positive for children's wellbeing as its "a minefield"

Lastly, many organisations who work in this area were in favour of the legislation. This might be why there are versions of it already in place across Scotland.
No SNP bad you paranoid dafty...
You bad for blindly following something potentially harmful and almost certainly unmanageable.

No rant either... Just a perfect example of how they meant well but totally f**ked up!

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I agree with both of you. Parties should work on these together 

PS... That you should even mention SNPbad is to your eternal shame.

I have NO political affiliation and will ALWAYS put people before politics! ALWAYS.

Still... You defend party politics if it's your thing.

PPS.. "rant and a half"?
Too feckin right.
I deal daily with people suffering from well meaning but seriously misguided legislation.
I will never be silenced when advocating for people over politics or funding. Never.