The Politics Thread

shull

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

In solidarity with my brothers and sisters in London (where this jewellery comes from) and elsewhere in the UK, can I just say f**k the Tories.

Anyone receiving furlough payments or in receipt of the £10k or £25k non repayable grants for business would probably disagree with that sentiment.

If we could ditch the extremists on both wings into the sea, our country would be a much more pleasant place to live.

Edited by oaksoft

Anyone receiving furlough payments or in receipt of the £10k or £25k non repayable grants for business would probably disagree with that sentiment.
If we could ditch the extremists on both wings into the sea, our country would be a much more pleasant place to live.
Wrong again, oaky, not "anyone" - I know lots of people who are in receipt of one or the other and they all agree with me.

6 hours ago, shull said:

Ah, Shull! Troll extraordinaire...

As Shull already knows, Tory unionists don't belong on this forum! If you're of that mindset, then follow the Glasgow Road until you get to the Ralston/Crookston boundary. Continue along the same road, though it's now called the Paisley Road West, eastwards bound, until you pass Bellahouston Park on your right-hand side. Once over the motorway bridge, turn left onto the Broomloan Road. Follow this down to the roundabout, and you'll see Ibrox Stadium on your right-hand side. This is your new home. On match days you will be able to purchase a union jack from a vendor outside the stadium. 

All this talk about hating the Old Firm is exactly the kind of thing I'd say if I were undercover on an enemy forum. Also I would push for clubs to go part-time in order to further my club's ambition of playing in England. I would relentlessly spam the forum with nonsense, too. Sound like anyone we know? You cannae fool us all, Shull... 

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Wrong again, oaky, not "anyone" - I know lots of people who are in receipt of one or the other and they all agree with me.

Fair enough.

Clearly not everyone is capable of a little gratitude when they are helped out.

There will always be complainers in life. :P

50 minutes ago, GMan said:

Ah, Shull! Troll extraordinaire...

As Shull already knows, Tory unionists don't belong on this forum! If you're of that mindset, then follow the Glasgow Road until you get to the Ralston/Crookston boundary. Continue along the same road, though it's now called the Paisley Road West, eastwards bound, until you pass Bellahouston Park on your right-hand side. Once over the motorway bridge, turn left onto the Broomloan Road. Follow this down to the roundabout, and you'll see Ibrox Stadium on your right-hand side. This is your new home. On match days you will be able to purchase a union jack from a vendor outside the stadium. 

All this talk about hating the Old Firm is exactly the kind of thing I'd say if I were undercover on an enemy forum. Also I would push for clubs to go part-time in order to further my club's ambition of playing in England. I would relentlessly spam the forum with nonsense, too. Sound like anyone we know? You cannae fool us all, Shull... 

Conservatism has nothing to do with Scottish Football or Sevco Fans. 

Incidentally, I don't vote. Never have never will. 

Shower of useless puppets. 

All of them. 

Keep an eye out for the potholes. 

As a football fan of 5 decades, not now though, it was all about the sport and hoping my team won. They mostly were shite but the addiction kept me going and hoping for success. 

During that time, while following my Team, not once did religion, politics or terrorism become part of it. 

It was all about the beautiful game. 

Unfortunately, soccer is dead now.  

Fair enough.
Clearly not everyone is capable of a little gratitude when they are helped out.
There will always be complainers in life. [emoji14]
Two things:

1. You have completely missed the point of my original post.

2. Who will benefit in the longer game, are you really niaive enough to think that the Tories are doing this for anyone but the Tories? Maybe the people I'm talking about can see the bigger picture.

At the risk of getting repetetive, f**k the Tories, expressed with the same intent as f**k the Ton or FTOF.

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:

Two things:

1. You have completely missed the point of my original post.

2. Who will benefit in the longer game, are you really niaive enough to think that the Tories are doing this for anyone but the Tories? Maybe the people I'm talking about can see the bigger picture.

At the risk of getting repetetive, f**k the Tories, expressed with the same intent as f**k the Ton or FTOF.

Ach I'm in too good of a mood to be arguing about nonsense like this and honestly, life is too f**king short. 🤣

People can feel however they like about the Tories. Personally, I would rather not spend my few precious years of life filled with rage for people who have no major influence on my life.

If you want to f**k FTOF then good luck. 🤣

Ach I'm in too good of a mood to be arguing about nonsense like this and honestly, life is too f**king short. [emoji1787]
People can feel however they like about the Tories. Personally, I would rather not spend my few precious years of life filled with rage for people who have no major influence on my life.
If you want to f**k FTOF then good luck. [emoji1787]

It may be for you - and me - but for my grandson, at his age, it's an eternity. For me, it's about making changes for all to benefit, especially those coming after us.

Let's make life tolerable for all where we can. I'll even let the Tories lives be tolerable.

But I will finish (again) with...f**k the Tories.

[emoji846]

Not a cats chance in hell of Independence in Scotland and never was.

Covid-19 has finished it. 

Wonder what the debt levels will be after this. 

Would be interesting issuing bonds on the back of Scottish currency.

SNP won't come out of Covid with reputation intact, irrespective of whether there was any more they could have done.

Edited by lenziebud

Not a cats chance in hell of Independence in Scotland and never was.
Covid-19 has finished it. 
Wonder what the debt levels will be after this. 
Would be interesting issuing bonds on the back of Scottish currency.
SNP won't come out of Covid with reputation intact, irrespective of whether there was any more they could have done.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

It may be for you - and me - but for my grandson, at his age, it's an eternity. For me, it's about making changes for all to benefit, especially those coming after us.

Let's make life tolerable for all where we can. I'll even let the Tories lives be tolerable.

But I will finish (again) with...f**k the Tories.

emoji846.png

I agree with making it tolerable for those who can't do that on their own.

Assuming your grandson is healthy I'm sure he'll be able to plough a good future for himself, as will my kids too, without us old codgers worrying too much about them. This younger generation gets a load of stick but they'll be fine.

God bless the Tories and their business grants. That would never have happened under any other party. Oh and f**k all those lazy, entitled lefties who think everyone owes them a comfortable lifestyle. :P

Edited by oaksoft

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

He's being a dick about it but he might be right about this killing independence.

What do you mean being a dick about it is that not normally your default. 

You always come across as being a bit smug and superior ?

Covid-19 has killed independence stone dead and I doubt Sturgeon will hang about much longer.