The Politics Thread

shull

4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

No its doesn't they are human beings like us who can be manipulated in the same way given similar circumstances.  

Totally agree it's so easy to manipulate the masses,

How could anyone possibly know they are being lied too, 

It's all over Youtube and social media that the Governments of the world are controlled by aliens (Lizards]  disguised as humans. You can't tell me Big Donald and Wee Boris are not related.  🐸 🐸 both have blonde wigs too 

And this one,  There's a worldwide cabal of Satan Worshipper's that are ruling the world,  

I even read both of these facts on Facebook so it must be true ? but I'm not sure which one to believe ? It could be both mind if those Lizards believe in old Nick  :withstupid 

Totally agree it's so easy to manipulate the masses,
How could anyone possibly know they are being lied too, 
It's all over Youtube and social media that the Governments of the world are controlled by aliens (Lizards]  disguised as humans. You can't tell me Big Donald and Wee Boris are not related.  [emoji196] [emoji196] both have blonde wigs too 
And this one,  There's a worldwide cabal of Satan Worshipper's that are ruling the world,  
I even read both of these facts on Facebook so it must be true ? but I'm not sure which one to believe ? It could be both mind if those Lizards believe in old Nick  :withstupid 

Quite possibly. They may even have written the Big Book of Fairytales themselves.

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It seems wee Nicky is starting to lose the crowd.

Scottish independence and SNP support dips slightly in new poll

A new poll has shown a slight dip in support for both Scottish independence and the SNP.

Research by Survation suggests 52% of Scots back the country leaving the rest of the UK – a drop of two percentage points from November.

The margin for error for most polls is ±3% so it's really a non-story...

Edited by Bud the Baker

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, yet another set of figures you don't like so you discount them. 😜

There's a pattern here. 🙄

Over the past few months the figure for those supporting independence has been in the 51-58% range so take a midpoint of 54.5% and a variance of  ±3%, the 52% figure for the poll you highlight is within this range, you don't understand the "maths" underpinning the interpretation of polls - it's a non-story. 😜

If there is a story here it's the desperation of the Yoon media and it's followers like yourself...🙄

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Over the past few months the figure for those supporting independence has been in the 51-58% range so take a midpoint of 54.5% and a variance of  ±3%, the 52% figure for the poll you highlight is within this range, you don't understand the "maths" underpinning the interpretation of polls - it's a non-story. 😜

If there is a story here it's the desperation of the Yoon media and it's followers like yourself...🙄

Spoken like s true dreamer. 😜

Say No, you know it makes sense. 😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Spoken like s true dreamer. 😜

Say No, you know it makes sense. 😂😂😂

.;.I note you're not disputing that the poll in question lies within the recent trend, just ignoring it!😜

I also note that the Minister for the Union will be visiting Scotland this weekend perhaps he will regale us again with witticisms like the Scots are "a verminous race, deserving not merely isolation, but extinction" - oh that crazy public schoolboy sense of humour.  😂😂😂

:offtopicMoving off-topic I'm leaving to watch Cottage to Let on Film4 it features the peerless Alastair Sim and the screen debut, in short trousers, of George Cole.:offtopic 

The polls are and continue to be too close to call.

Even at 58% it was too close to call because of the large numbers of Don't Knows.

I'll start getting excited when one side gets to 60% because that's what's going to be required to avoid Indyref3.

As for Johnson's witticism, anyone taking that personally needs to get a life frankly. FFS, have we become a nation of souls so fragile that we can't handle the slightest bit of piss taking?

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The polls are and continue to be too close to call.

Even at 58% it was too close to call because of the large numbers of Don't Knows.

I'll start getting excited when one side gets to 60% because that's what's going to be required to avoid Indyref3.

As for Johnson's witticism, anyone taking that personally needs to get a life frankly. FFS, have we become a nation of souls so fragile that we can't handle the slightest bit of piss taking?

Indeed but the Nationalists use anything they can to stir up hatred, one of the reasons they LOST the last time. 

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed but the Nationalists use anything they can to stir up hatred, one of the reasons they LOST the last time. 

Well that and the fact there was no currency or word on pensions, and of course all the Banks and large businesses pulling out of Scotland....

5 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Joking about getting rid of a whole nation? Yep. How we laughed. 

🤣

What's funny is people expressing outrage over jokes.

Doesn't matter what the joke is or how funny it is. Seeing people rip their knitting out over it is ALWAYS hilarious.

BTW, nobody asked you to laugh at the joke. You were being asked to realise that it was a joke rather than a serious suggestion.

Edited by oaksoft

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

🤣

What's funny is people expressing outrage over jokes.

Doesn't matter what the joke is or how funny it is. Seeing people rip their knitting out over it is ALWAYS hilarious.

BTW, nobody asked you to laugh at the joke. You were being asked to realise that it was a joke rather than a serious suggestion.

A crass, lying, racist sociopath defending a crass, lying racist sociopath - whodathunkit?