The Politics Thread

shull

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wee Nicky made herself look rather foolish citing that it was a Covid issue.

Keep it up Nicky, tick tock. :rolleyes:

Well to a point I agree, but BJ came up here on the day of the SNPs draft budget and focussed more on Independence than Covid, nobody was fooled and I doubt if anyone will have changed their opinion, so I'd say it's was a 1-1 draw with two o.g.'s.

Keep it up Boris, tick tock! :rolleyes:

On 1/31/2021 at 1:22 PM, faraway saint said:

I, sincerely, hope this is just more trash paper talk.

As much as wee Nicky has made mistakes over this whole Covid shitfest I wouldn't like to see her being brought down by Salmond.

Image may contain: 3 people, text that says "DATE SET FOR ALEX SALMOND To GIVE BOMBSHELL EVIDENCE AGAINST NICOLA STURGEON AT HOLYROOD INQUIRY In a written submission, Mr Salmond has already accused his successor of repeatedly misleading the nquiry and the parliament, which would be a oreach the ministerial code. If proved, Ms Sturgeon would be expected to offer her resignation as First Minister. POPCORN TIME!"

Two peas in a pod.

Carnage ahead if this goes the wrong way for Sturgeon.

The power battles should be a great watch

Edited by lenziebud

9 hours ago, lenziebud said:

This video should be shown during the next referendum

It's a crap video.

Are we not done with this type of overly aggressive , ego fuelled, macho, confrontational style of polotics?

Andrew Wilson is doung hus best to be civil and answer the questions. Andrew Neil is asking valid questions but surely people have had enough of this sort of style? Everyone wants to be Paxman.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's a crap video.

Are we not done with this type of overly aggressive , ego fuelled, macho, confrontational style of polotics?

Andrew Wilson is doung hus best to be civil and answer the questions. Andrew Neil is asking valid questions but surely people have had enough of this sort of style? Everyone wants to be Paxman.

I don't think Andrew Neil gives a toss about Paxman. He's better than Paxman.

The point is that Wilson can't answer the questions and is vague and unprepared for fundamental questions that he has been spending a good few years now supposedly getting answers for.

6 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I don't think Andrew Neil gives a toss about Paxman. He's better than Paxman.

The point is that Wilson can't answer the questions and is vague and unprepared for fundamental questions that he has been spending a good few years now supposedly getting answers for.

I'm not going to argue the toss over who is better. Both are from the same tired old school of needlessly aggressive questioning in the hope of flustering a politician into saying something newsworthy.

Wilson is being quite clear about what can and cannot be answered right now. Expecting certainty when there can be no certainty whatsoever is simply unreasonable behaviour. To make matters worse, Neil is claiming certainty over things which cannot be known. It's OK for the answer to a question to be "We don't know yet but here's our expectation of how things could go".

For example. How on earth is Wilson expected to know whether we'll be accepted into the EU when the EU won't talk to us about this until we are independent?

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:

I agree that the topic on Captain Tom isn't the place so I'll put this in here - this sums up perfectly the reason people are getting upset about how a centenarian who tried to a good thing is being treated by the Tories. FB_IMG_1612512437998.jpg

Why, if the figure in the right us true, 🙄 is that mistreating Tom? 

Why, if the figure in the right us true, [emoji849] is that mistreating Tom? 
Because of the points that are being made about the political use of the old fella by people in the other thread, most of which I agree with. Simplistically (I know my audience [emoji846]), a good lot of what's going on to celebrate what the gentleman on the left achieved is a distraction to deflect from what the bawbag on the right is doing.

3 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Because of the points that are being made about the political use of the old fella by people in the other thread, most of which I agree with. Simplistically (I know my audience emoji846.png), a good lot of what's going on to celebrate what the gentleman on the left achieved is a distraction to deflect from what the bawbag on the right is doing.

Ok, as you've, probably quite rightly, decided to keep it simple I'll keep my reply straight forward.

An figure with no substance, and nothing to suggest distraction, unless you're a desperado scrambling around for yet another dreary slur against Johnson.

Oh, as for the throbber above, I see he's, yet again, trying to get pals with tis "us" angle.

He's slipped so far down the tree he's not worth responding to, what a year he's had. 

PS Thanks for bringing this to the correct thread, very noble of you. 

Ok, as you've, probably quite rightly, decided to keep it simple I'll keep my reply straight forward.
An figure with no substance, and nothing to suggest distraction, unless you're a desperado scrambling around for yet another dreary slur against Johnson.
Oh, as for the throbber above, I see he's, yet again, trying to get pals with tis "us" angle.
He's slipped so far down the tree he's not worth responding to, what a year he's had. 
PS Thanks for bringing this to the correct thread, very noble of you. 

I don't care about the figures, it's the principle of the thing that sticks in my throat. If you honestly can't see that he's pandering to the electorate who gave him Brexit with empty rhetoric and soundbites to maintain his voter base and that he doesn't give two f**ks about either them or the man who tried to do a good thing then nothing I say will remove those blinkers.

BoJos is just one of the people I'm happy to continue to slur, along with 99.999% of all politicians in all parties and that's something we should all remember.

I prefer to judge governments & politicians by their promises, actions and outcomes and BoJos and his ilk are behaving in precisely the manner I expect of them. So no surprise there, then. And the current shenanigans within the SNP is another good example of politicians being politicians.

2 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

I don't care about the figures, it's the principle of the thing that sticks in my throat. If you honestly can't see that he's pandering to the electorate who gave him Brexit with empty rhetoric and soundbites to maintain his voter base and that he doesn't give two f**ks about either them or the man who tried to do a good thing then nothing I say will remove those blinkers.

BoJos is just one of the people I'm happy to continue to slur, along with 99.999% of all politicians in all parties and that's something we should all remember.

I prefer to judge governments & politicians by their promises, actions and outcomes and BoJos and his ilk are behaving in precisely the manner I expect of them. So no surprise there, then. And the current shenanigans within the SNP are another good example of politicians being politicians.

And...................breath. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Listened for first five minutes (34 mins is far too long) however if the first five minutes are representative of the rest I won’t be listening. It’s amazing that unregulated media reports like this are not involved in long expensive litigation cases. “ SNP MP Johanna is in a safe house because SNP MPs have made threats to rape her” 

Why don’t they discuss the more important factor about Scottish politics; ie the utter dearth of quality opposition.