The Politics Thread

shull

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

And what about the sleazy female replacement and all those who supporter her, I have to say she is the poorest apology for a politician that I have ever laid my eyes on and that says a lot.  There are  quite a few decent and honest politicians in Scotland but I would not count her among them.

Stevie Wonder could see where the sleazy dishonest poliitican in the land is

38 minutes ago, jaybee said:

And what about the sleazy female replacement and all those who supporter her, I have to say she is the poorest apology for a politician that I have ever laid my eyes on and that says a lot.  There are  quite a few decent and honest politicians in Scotland but I would not count her among them.

Has she admitted to inappropriate behaviour towards females working for her?

When she does, you might have a point when comparing them.

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

The rest of the world would disagree with you.  so you must be right 

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

As a politician, Salmond ran rings round the UK government, resulting in the huge shift towards SNP support and independence over the past years.

He'll always have my respect for that.

However, he's always struck me as being rather supercilious, with a huge ego.

Events over the past year have shown him for what he truly is, and rightly so, he has become reviled by most decent minded individuals.

His behaviour has been reprehensible and quite why anyone would vote for him is rather baffling.

Like BTB it will be SNP/Greens for me.

Spot on.

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

What a load of complete and utter, unadulterated yoon f**king bollocks.

I’d love to have skilfully, forensically and articulately taken this post apart, but it is such raging, spiteful, jealous guff that I can’t even be bothered. 

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Hillarious!

At one time, he was adulated and could do no wrong.

I was at that time castigated for not trusting him! emoji850.pngemoji26.png

The very people who rounded on me are now rounding on him!

(Rightly so at last imo)

Still.... It's not as if his "bestie" (her words) learned anything from him! emoji850.png

Honestly bud, there's really nothing hilarious about any of this and I know you don't actually mean that.

Because of a technicality, this guy has walked free from court after multiple allegations of sexual assault against him. Now those women have to sit and watch this utter charade and apparently there is absolutely nothing which can be done about it.

I suspect that he will vanish without a trace at election time with next to nobody voting for him but the fact that he can even have a go at this is nothing short of disgraceful. It's very hard not to be angry on behalf of the women brave enough to make those allegations.

So it's anger rather than hilarity that I'm feeling at the moment. I suspect that all right thinking people will feel similarly. A good boot in the baws electorally in May is what this guy needs.

4 hours ago, jaybee said:

I have to say she is the poorest apology for a politician that I have ever laid my eyes on

Hang on. Just realised you posted this. What utter nonsense. :lol:

Worse than Johann Lamont? Worse than Boris Johnson? Worse than the SNP, MSP god-obsessed nutter John Mason? Worse than Natalie McGarry? Worse than Salmond FFS? :lol:

Hope you enjoyed your fishing trip. :lol:

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Hang on. Just realised you posted this. What utter nonsense. :lol:

Worse than Johann Lamont? Worse than Boris Johnson? Worse than the SNP, MSP god-obsessed nutter John Mason? Worse than Natalie McGarry? Worse than Salmond FFS? :lol:

Hope you enjoyed your fishing trip. :lol:

I can out fish you any day of the week old boy, read that wot I wrote "I have to say she is the poorest apology for a politician that I have ever laid my eyes on" ergo I have laid eyes upon her in person as opposed to seeing the others on the idiot box, having said that I also have no time for Salmond, although he was acquitted, but then again so was 'she' and McGarry is according to the law of the land innocent until proven guilty.  My problem is really the isolationist doctrine that they all seem to wallow in and the fact that they have such an amount of support.  Both Salmond and Sturgeon are vying to be the big fish in the little pond that is Scotland and it's all big bad Boris's fault, you really couldn't make it up could you?

9 hours ago, jaybee said:

I can out fish you any day of the week old boy, read that wot I wrote "I have to say she is the poorest apology for a politician that I have ever laid my eyes on" ergo I have laid eyes upon her in person as opposed to seeing the others on the idiot box, having said that I also have no time for Salmond, although he was acquitted, but then again so was 'she' and McGarry is according to the law of the land innocent until proven guilty.  My problem is really the isolationist doctrine that they all seem to wallow in and the fact that they have such an amount of support.  Both Salmond and Sturgeon are vying to be the big fish in the little pond that is Scotland and it's all big bad Boris's fault, you really couldn't make it up could you?

Perhaps if you had said "met" instead of "laid eyes on" everyone would have known what you meant! As for your final sentence, it looks like you made it up. Isolationism is not what Scioland and the SNP is about.

1 hour ago, smcc said:

Perhaps if you had said "met" instead of "laid eyes on" everyone would have known what you meant! As for your final sentence, it looks like you made it up. Isolationism is not what Scotland and the SNP is about.

Indeed.

A strange description for a party that would re-join the EU first chance it gets.

Now, if you applied the term to the the party currently "running" the UK................................

Edited by FTOF

32 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

A strange description for a party that would re-join the EU first chance it gets.

Now, if you applied the term to the the party currently "running" the UK................................

Leaving the EU WASN'T  their choice. 

That'll be them pesky members of the public. 

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Leaving the EU WASN'T  their choice. 

That'll be them pesky members of the public. 

The Brexit referendum was only advisory, there was no need to accept the result so technically it was the Tories choice, somewhere out there there's a better, kinder universe where this actually did happen.

Of course that's a disingenuous answer but no less so than saying that Brexit was not largely down to a sizeable (and predominantly right wing & jingoistic) faction of the Tory party agitating for it - with plenty of support from sundry billionaire Press Barons.

In the RealWorldTM The Proclaimers should've realized the best deal realistically available from their POV was membership of the Customs Union which was rejected by only 6 votes in the round of Indicative Votes two years ago today.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

The Brexit referendum was only advisory, there was no need to accept the result so technically it was the Tories choice, somewhere out there there's a better, kinder universe where this actually did happen.

Of course that's a disingenuous answer but no less so than saying that Brexit was not largely down to a sizeable (and predominantly right wing &' jingoistic) faction of the Tory party agitating for it - with plenty of support from sundry billionaire Press Barons.

In the RealWorldTM The Proclaimers should've realized the best deal realistically available from their POV was membership of the Customs Union which was rejected by only 6 votes in the round of Indicative Votes two years ago today.

Blah blah blah.............................democracy, who needs it eh? :lol:

On 3/26/2021 at 4:37 PM, BuddieinEK said:

Hillarious!

At one time, he was adulated and could do no wrong.

I was at that time castigated for not trusting him! emoji850.pngemoji26.png

The very people who rounded on me are now rounding on him!

(Rightly so at last imo)

Still.... It's not as if his "bestie" (her words) learned anything from him! emoji850.png

Indeed .

Thick as Thieves?

Sometimes you dangle the truth in front of people and they simple refuse to see it . The truth doesn't care who believes it. .

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly bud, there's really nothing hilarious about any of this and I know you don't actually mean that.

Because of a technicality, this guy has walked free from court after multiple allegations of sexual assault against him. Now those women have to sit and watch this utter charade and apparently there is absolutely nothing which can be done about it.

I suspect that he will vanish without a trace at election time with next to nobody voting for him but the fact that he can even have a go at this is nothing short of disgraceful. It's very hard not to be angry on behalf of the women brave enough to make those allegations.

So it's anger rather than hilarity that I'm feeling at the moment. I suspect that all right thinking people will feel similarly. A good boot in the baws electorally in May is what this guy needs.

What  is the technicality ?

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Indeed .

Thick as Thieves?

Sometimes you dangle the truth in front of people and they simple refuse to see it . The truth doesn't care who believes it. .

And then at the other end of the scale we have the poor gullible f**kers who will believe literally anything they read from Bob's Rootin' Tootin' website. Peach slices as a cure for covid. FFS. :lol:

Our beautiful forum is blessed with both special types.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Sorry bud, this isn't a game I am interested in playing.

Didn't think you would because there is no game.

Your making silly comments on which from what I  can see there is no legal basis.

Maybe if you care to expand on what the technicality is then I may be able to see your point ?

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Don't drink and post, it only makes you look stupid. :lol:

Posted when sober.

Like the many posts that make you look stupid.:rolleyes:

Of course it was democratically decided.

However, the referendum only came about as Cameron shat it and succumbed to pressure from his own Euro sceptic MP's and UKip's rising support amongst the public. He then doubly fucked it by assuming that the UK would vote to stay in and put very little effort in to counter the leave publicity efforts.

If only his party had put in as much effort into the campaign for staying in the EU, as the they did when when it came to the Scottish independence referendum...................

But we can't blame the tories, they had no part in it.:lol: