The Politics Thread

shull

On 3/28/2021 at 9:58 PM, faraway saint said:

The Scottish pantomime has another character ............................laughing stock? :lol:

Tommy Sheridan has joined Alex Salmond's Alba party

Tommy Sheridan has joined Alex Salmond's Alba party | The Scotsman

Nooooooooooooo!

I'm gonna chop my foot off. on the other leg who knows their parties might be fun...

12 hours ago, jaybee said:

I have nothing against a party such as the SNP utilising peoples  pride of  being Scottish; although I don't (personally) think separating from a union  you are physically part of to become an even smaller part of a larger union such as  the EEC makes any sense. I think I might also prefer the Greens in charge. 

It's not really an equal comparison though England comprises 83% (last time I checked) of the UKs population and policy is skewed to the SE of England, even Ruth Davidson admitted this while the EU comprises a number of successful countries whose populations are in the 5-10M range - the EU is much more mindful of it's smaller members than the UK.

15 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's not really an equal comparison though England comprises 83% (last time I checked) of the UKs population and policy is skewed to the SE of England, even Ruth Davidson admitted this while the EU comprises a number of successful countries whose populations are in the 5-10M range - the EU is much more mindful of it's smaller members than the UK.

Not to mention the fact that the UK is a political union and the EU is an economic union, therefore two completely different things.

Don’t think anyone would claim that the member states of the EU aren’t independent sovereign nations. Last time I looked France, Germany et al we’re still independent countries. 

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

It's part of the ScotGov's Digital Strategy for Scotland that has been going on for nearly a decade.  The laptop and broadband bit has been known about for quite a while, for those who are interested enough to look, and has been on the ScotGov's website.

Will political parties time announcements to suit their own agenda?  Of course they will, nothing new there and no more of a "bribe" than any other party's "promises".  ALL politicians are basically the same as "used car salesmen".

Could you provide a link for this free laptop and broadband deal please? 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Could you provide a link for this free laptop and broadband deal please? 

When I said "for those who are interested enough to look", I should really have said "for those who are interested enough to look for themselves".  You are quite capable of using Google and reading things for yourself, no need to involve me.

14 minutes ago, Slarti said:

When I said "for those who are interested enough to look", I should really have said "for those who are interested enough to look for themselves".  You are quite capable of using Google and reading things for yourself, no need to involve me.

Aye Slarti, get that political atheist/latent BoJo lover telt!!😄

1 hour ago, Slarti said:

Thanks, I'll take it the info isn't as you portray. 😂

Just now, Slarti said:
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Thanks, I'll take it the info isn't as you portray. emoji23.png

You can take it whatever way you want (oh, matron), I don't really care.

I take it that you have misrepresented what the digital strategy are trying to achieve where there seems to be nothing to back up your claims that they are aiming to provide free computers AND free broadband.

Thanks for playing. :wink:

As I said, a bribe by the SNP, shocking IMO. 

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I take it that you have misrepresented what the digital strategy are trying to achieve where there seems to be nothing to back up your claims that they are aiming to provide free computers AND free broadband.

Thanks for playing. :wink:

As I said, a bribe by the SNP, shocking IMO. 

Call that a bribe?

Here's a real bribe. Guess where it came from.

• Extra £4.3 billion in real-terms for schools by 2023/24, with funding increases to be legislated within first 100 days
  • At least £5,000 a year for each secondary school pupil and at least £4,000 for each primary school pupil
  • Arts premium for secondary schools
  • £1 billion fund for child care, including before and after school and during holidays

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Call that a bribe?

• Extra £4.3 billion in real-terms for schools by 2023/24, with funding increases to be legislated within first 100 days
  • At least £5,000 a year for each secondary school pupil and at least £4,000 for each primary school pupil
  • £1 billion fund for child care, including before and after school and during holidays

Are individuals receiving actual money?  :blink:

If not, not quite the same level  of bribery that the SNP have stooped to. :byebye

38 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Call that a bribe?

Oops i should have read the thread 😂

Edited by lenziebud

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Every political manifesto gives stuff away?

Feck me, I've missed out there. 😂😂😂

Yes that’s right.

you do realise though that you don’t get to pick up your device on the way out of the polling station? It’s not a free gift. The taxpayer will still be paying for it.

In other words, every political manifesto explains how a government intends to spend the taxpayers money. It’s not some new clever and whacky idea thought up by the SNP.

You really aren’t that interested in politics right enough are you.

C’mon......you can do it.......I know you’ve got it in you.....admit you’ve made an arse of this one. 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes that’s right.

you do realise though that you don’t get to pick up your device on the way out of the polling station? It’s not a free gift. The taxpayer will still be paying for it.

In other words, every political manifesto explains how a government intends to spend the taxpayers money. It’s not some new clever and whacky idea thought up by the SNP.

You really aren’t that interested in politics right enough are you.

C’mon......you can do it.......I know you’ve got it in you.....admit you’ve made an arse of this one. 

Away and don't talk shite.............................offering "free stuff" is clearly a bribe.

Bet you wish that hadn't been one of the SNP's opening gambits, massive embarrassment. :lol:

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Away and don't talk shite.............................offering "free stuff" is clearly a bribe.

Bet you wish that hadn't been one of the SNP's opening gambits, massive embarrassment. :lol:

Are you at it? Seriously. Am I subject to the biggest munch in history here?

How is it any different to offering a 1% tax cut or free higher education or free school meals??

I’m never gonnae live this down if you’re at the wind up here. Which let’s face it, you have to be. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Are you at it? Seriously. Am I subject to the biggest munch in history here?

How is it any different to offering a 1% tax cut or free higher education or free school meals??

I’m never gonnae live this down if you’re at the wind up here. Which let’s face it, you have to be. 

Can't you see the difference? :blink:

I'm being whooshed here? :lol:

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Is it the bribe aspect you object to or the worry that you'll be asked to pay for it 6/12 months down the line?