The Politics Thread

shull

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Look to New Zealand if your looking for a country that's coped well with the pandemic.. 

Sorry but they really haven't.

Their borders will need to remain shut until they vaccinate everyone.

You only have to look at Australia last week to see what happens when they relax a little. An entire area locked  down in total panic.

No country has got this right but ironically enough the UK countries and Israel appear to be leading the way out of this via vaccination and they deserve a lot of credit for this.

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Sorry but they really haven't.

Their borders will need to remain shut until they vaccinate everyone.

You only have to look at Australia last week to see what happens when they relax a little. An entire area locked  down in total panic.

No country has got this right but ironically enough the UK countries and Israel appear to be leading the way out of this via vaccination and they deserve a lot of credit for this.

Malta also seems to be miles ahead also. Might be a good shout for a summer/autumn holiday? 

13 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

The truth is my friend when Scotland is independent it can make it's own choices not what he and his brexit cronies want,  

Do you really think that arsehole has Scotland's interest at heart :lol:

You must have been dropped on your head as a child :lol:

If you actually listen to him he is making a perfectly valid observation(something you should try ) , rather than professing to have Scotland's interests at heart .

Do you actually  think that you are going to get independence from a bunch of globalists??

I don't think you have been dropped on the head but it does sound like you possibly have Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy , a touch of Stockholm Syndrome and right now perhaps in a River in Egypt.............................................

6 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Malta also seems to be miles ahead also. Might be a good shout for a summer/autumn holiday? 

TBH, I'm a big fearty when it comes to flying.

I also don't have a passport and neither does my wife so that might be an issue using ferries to France. :P

So I'm quite happy to stay in the UK.

Would be nice to see others get a chance to get on with their lives though and get a bit of sun for once.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

TBH, I'm a big fearty when it comes to flying.

I also don't have a passport and neither does my wife so that might be an issue using ferries to France. :P

So I'm quite happy to stay in the UK.

Would be nice to see others get a chance to get on with their lives though and get a bit of sun for once.

3 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

If you actually listen to him he is making a perfectly valid observation(something you should try ) , rather than professing to have Scotland's interests at heart .

Do you actually  think that you are going to get independence from a bunch of globalists??

I don't think you have been dropped on the head but it does sound like you possibly have Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy , a touch of Stockholm Syndrome and right now perhaps in a River in Egypt.............................................

Let's see how those "truths" stack up.

1) Joining the EU would be an economic union not a political one. You might not like the EU but joining the EU is simply not the same as being in the UK. Totally different beast. The EU will not be telling us how much to spend on welfare, defence, prisons, pensions, or a raft of other things which right now are dictated to us by the UK parliament. To claim the two unions are the same is intellectual dishonesty.

2) New members are NOT forced to accept the Euro as currency.

3) Joining the EU would NOT have forced us to rely on their vaccination program.

4) He said "You can't be an independent country and be in the EU". Tell that to Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands and all the other countries in the EU. I think, they would disagree.

You talk about the "troof?" You can't handle the "troof" boy. Ah the memories. Good ol' Jack.

One last point. Farage is spouting his opinion which he is perfectly entitled to do. They are not facts or truth bombs. They are opinions. Best not to confuse the two, Mr Peach Slices.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

1) Joining the EU would be an economic union not a political one.

3) Joining the EU would NOT have forced us to rely on their vaccination program.

4) He said "You can't be an independent country and be in the EU". Tell that to Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands and all the other countries in the EU. I think, they would disagree.

You talk about the "troof?" You can't handle the "troof" boy. Ah the memories. Good ol' Jack.

One last point. Farage is spouting his opinion which he is perfectly entitled to do. They are not facts or truth bombs. They are opinions. Best not to confuse the two, Mr Peach Slices.

That's what I was going to say :1eye you beat me to it,  so i'm off to bed 

20 hours ago, oaksoft said:

1) Joining the EU would be an economic union not a political one. You might not like the EU but joining the EU is simply not the same as being in the UK. Totally different beast. The EU will not be telling us how much to spend on welfare, defence, prisons, pensions, or a raft of other things which right now are dictated to us by the UK parliament. To claim the two unions are the same is intellectual dishonesty.

Hmm, I think you'll find that a major aim for the EU is political union in order to make monetary union work in their opinion ?

Do you really think Scotland will dictate the terms that it will enter the EU if its allowed in?

I think we will be in the Euro if we ever go independent, just my opinion. Ask Ireland how they got on with interest rates set by ECB and who controlled that !

Edited by lenziebud

43 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Hmm, I think you'll find that a major aim for the EU is political union in order to make monetary union work in their opinion ?

Do you really think Scotland will dictate the terms that it will enter the EU if its allowed in?

I think we will be in the Euro if we ever go independent, just my opinion. Ask Ireland how they got on with interest rates set by ECB and who controlled that !

There are differing opinions on all of this. I just wanted to highlight that SNLT had no business labelling these things as facts. He has a habit of doing that.

There are differing opinions on all of this. I just wanted to highlight that SNLT had no business labelling these things as facts. He has a habit of doing that.
That's just mental. Who on earth would claim something is a fact when it isn't? :whistle

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It had better not be me or I'm going to be very pissed off.

FFS! 

You'd have thought the fact that @Slarti has mentioned this a million times you might have caught on who he's referring to....................unless he's also on your ever growing ignore list. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

FFS! 
You'd have thought the fact that [mention=15951]Slarti[/mention] has mentioned this a million times you might have caught on who he's referring to....................unless he's also on your ever growing ignore list. [emoji38]
I think he knows.

It's at least 2 million, no half measures from me. [emoji16]

The Brexit Bonus Pt. 247 - JD Sports owned by Brexit & ex-UKIP supporter Mick Ashley is opening a new warehouse in Dublin. Obviously it's a complicated issue but is their any doubt that the long term goal of big business, the Tory party & the gammon press was to push back workers rights by scaremongering and encouraging people to see the differences between us & Europe - roll on Hartlepool and the next triumph of the gammons...

Retailer JD Sports is to open a 65,000 sq ft warehouse near Dublin to tackle post-Brexit trading problems.

Goods which JD imports from East Asia to GB now incur tariffs when they are distributed onward to its stores across Europe.

To deal with this JD has already opened a warehouse in Belgium but says it needs a specific facility for Ireland.

apparently...

The boss of one of Britain's big retailers says Brexit has turned out to be "considerably worse" than he feared.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

The Brexit Bonus Pt. 247 - JD Sports owned by Brexit & ex-UKIP supporter Mick Ashley is opening a new warehouse in Dublin. Obviously it's a complicated issue but is their any doubt that the long term goal of big business, the Tory party & the gammon press was to push back workers rights by scaremongering and encouraging people to see the differences between us & Europe - roll on Hartlepool and the next triumph of the gammons...

apparently...

Good to see Brexit creating all these jobs for British nationals In Ireland and Belgium.:rolleyes:

Little shocks me about grift in politics these days but the emerging news that a senior civil servant (Bill Crothers) joined financial services company Greensill while still employed by the taxpayers comes close.

Mr Crothers is no relation to 60s US comedy duo The Smothers Brothers but his insistence that there was no conflict of interest is a comedy classic...:king