The Politics Thread

shull

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I noticed that the Bravehearts have started vandalising adverts in fields that they don't agree with already.

Driving up/down to Aberdeen on Saturday I seen two that had typical bitter graffiti spray painted over them and another one yesterday on the way to/from Dundee.

Classy. :thumbsdown

Yeah,we all know it’s only the bad Nationilists that would do a thing like that.....................

B4B446B5-E80B-46A7-8E9D-975B79827B45.jpeg

On 5/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, Slash said:

Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you can turn your life around. I certainly did. When I met my wife 20years ago, I was in debt from a couple of business side ventures alongside my career when I was running a number of pubs and a sales business which went belly up. 

After that experience all I had was the clothes on my back and debts to pay back which I did. No one gave me a hand out. I made my own luck. The harder I worked the luckier I got. 

IMHO Anyone can become financially independent in this country if they have a burning desire and are willing to make some sacrifices along the way. It’s so easy to invest in the great companies of the world with low cost platforms to earn enough returns to gain financial independence.

Just £25 invested each month for a new born kid into a global tracker Stocks and Shares ISA with returns of 10% would result in £959,000 by aged 60. Obviously you need to factor in the effects of inflation which is the silent killer on that money once you get to 60, but I wish I knew the power of compound interest when I was growing up. If you set up a Pension for new born you even get a 20% uplift automatically. Some people easily spend twice that for a mobile phone contract, or Sky.

Eighteen year olds now qualify for Lifetime ISA benefits that the Government will uplift by 25% on £4,000 per year. Free money that we never got.

Its easier than ever to become a millionaire in this country. 

Normally, I would agree with the sentiment here but there's too many people struggling for it to be this simple. We're talking about millions of people struggling - not just the odd one or two "lazy bastards". This pattern is repeated in every country in the world.

I think the bit in bold is the source of your logical flaw even though that's exactly what I did as well. You're being overly simplistic about the root of the problem and how to fix it. 

Edited by oaksoft

On 5/1/2021 at 4:39 PM, Slash said:

What I really should have said to BOK was….

I don't have the time or the crayons to explain this to you.

What's up, can't you afford the crayons?

You get SO defensive when issuing the insults.  You made your point well enough and then showed your true self with the bitchy wee comment.  Worse still, you disrespected your wife in a later comment.  You might have made some money in the 21st century but your oppressive views show you are firmly anchored in a previous one.  I'm happy to disagree with you and let lie without making childish comments, maybe you should develop the intellect to help you get to the happy point in your life when you can argue a point without being a dick.

On 5/1/2021 at 3:11 PM, beyond our ken said:

white flag duly accepted,  Hard to miss it as it 's almost as big as the yellow streak up & down your back

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

What's up, can't you afford the crayons?

You get SO defensive when issuing the insults.  You made your point well enough and then showed your true self with the bitchy wee comment.  Worse still, you disrespected your wife in a later comment.  You might have made some money in the 21st century but your oppressive views show you are firmly anchored in a previous one.  I'm happy to disagree with you and let lie without making childish comments, maybe you should develop the intellect to help you get to the happy point in your life when you can argue a point without being a dick.

Hilarious. 🙄

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hilarious. 🙄

What's up?  Still smarting over previous exchanges?  Poor lamb.  it's always great to see the initiator of the personal insult complain like this when they get a new one ripped..

Up until the point that Slash felt the need to refer to his wife's genitalia, he seemed a savable case, now it seems he is just another wee sheep looking for the approval of the self-appointed school bully.

Going down, as they say.

19 minutes ago, Slash said:

Wtf are you talking about my wife private parts you fcuking perv?

If you or the crayon muncher can tell me what is the female equivalent of a Man Cave which my wife had erected in our garden last week I will gladly change the term I used!

Wow, that really set you off.

Given your referrence to hinge-oiling the above comment doesn't really fit the notion of a newly-erected structure.  Maybe my mistake was reading your posts in their entirety and coming to the wrong conclusion, or maybe you meant something entirely different when you talked about oiling the hinges.  We'll probably never know, eh?

12 minutes ago, Slash said:

Just because something is newly erected doesn’t mean the structure is new. f**k me do you want to see the builders receipts as evidence?

Is that last comment a sexual euphemism?  Indeed, your opener there seems open to interpretation 

But I’ll decline the offer made at the start of sentence 2, thanks very much.  And just so we are clear, if you have a man cave then I have no interest in entering it or squirting lube around your entrance

24 minutes ago, Slash said:

For the last time, my wife spent her recent work bonus on herself - It’s her outdoor structure which I won’t enter unless she tells me to shift things in or help her maintain it. I still don’t see you offering suggestions on what I should refer to it as. In case you had not realised Faraway has been building/designing his man cave hence my reference to her structure. 

Happy now?

I've never been unhappy, not recently anyway.

Even so, I'm fair cheered up now that we have sorted all that out.

Call it what you want.

For the last time, my wife spent her recent work bonus on herself - It’s her outdoor structure which I won’t enter unless she tells me to shift things in or help her maintain it. I still don’t see you offering suggestions on what I should refer to it as. In case you had not realised Faraway has been building/designing his man cave hence my reference to her structure. 
Happy now?

A bird cage?

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

What's up?  Still smarting over previous exchanges?  Poor lamb.  it's always great to see the initiator of the personal insult complain like this when they get a new one ripped..

Up until the point that Slash felt the need to refer to his wife's genitalia, he seemed a savable case, now it seems he is just another wee sheep looking for the approval of the self-appointed school bully.

Going down, as they say.

You still hurting after all these years?

Never mind, one day you'll forget all about it.

😂

Just back, the "tossing the coin" approach was interesting but that's the way it goes.
Can't wait for the results. :thumbs2

Count not even starting until tomorrow. Be at least lunch time on Saturday before all the results are in, especially the list seats.

In other words, you'll huv tae wait.

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

That's me voted. Interested to know, are there still SNP supporters going back on forward on their second vote regarding SNP, Green and Alba?

SNP and Greens for me. I'd have given both to Greens had they stood in the constituency.

My wife voted SNP twice and my daughters voted Lib Dem and Greens.

Last election, the SNP gained 8 votes from my family. Now they only got 3.

That makes Labour the only mainstream party who I have never voted for in any election.

I have to be honest, I have struggled to maintain an interest in this election and it's been many years since I felt that. Nobody is offering anything exciting. Nobody is saying anything remotely sensible over covid and the timing of the push for Indyref2 (only 7 years after the last one) has left me feeling cold.

Edited by oaksoft

SNP and Greens for me. I'd have given both to Greens had they stood in the constituency.
My wife voted SNP twice and my daughters voted Lib Dem and Greens.
Last election, the SNP gained 8 votes from my family. Now they only got 3.
That makes Labour the only mainstream party who I have never voted for in any election.
I have to be honest, I have struggled to maintain an interest in this election and it's been many years since I felt that. Nobody is offering anything exciting. Nobody is saying anything remotely sensible over covid and the timing of the push for Indyref2 (only 7 years after the last one) has left me feeling cold.

That's just the weather.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

First big result"down sowf' is Hartlepool with a massive win for the Conservatives.

Seems, despite the difficult year for everyone, plenty have faith in the Conservative party. 

Hartlepool has never had a Conservative MP for almost 50 years. 

This is exactly why we need away from these clowns,

Hartlepool is NOT a modern, swinging urban utopia but rather a Northern (southern for us) working class area with all the social problems that come from governmental neglect.

Despite all this, they still vote Tory.  We need away.  f**kit lets do it this afternoon as soon as SNP win the election up here.