The Politics Thread

shull

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

First big result"down sowf' is Hartlepool with a massive win for the Conservatives.

Seems, despite the difficult year for everyone, plenty have faith in the Conservative party. 

Hartlepool has never had a Conservative MP for almost 50 years. 

More fool them. 

38 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

This is exactly why we need away from these clowns,

Hartlepool is NOT a modern, swinging urban utopia but rather a Northern (southern for us) working class area with all the social problems that come from governmental neglect.

Despite all this, they still vote Tory.  We need away.  f**kit lets do it this afternoon as soon as SNP win the election up here.

I took you off "ignore" to give that post a greeny. Strange days indeed. Indeed strange days.

First big result"down sowf' is Hartlepool with a massive win for the Conservatives.

Seems, despite the difficult year for everyone, plenty have faith in the Conservative party. 

Hartlepool has never had a Conservative MP for almost 50 years. 

Conservative would have won the seat outright at the GE if it hadn't been for the Brexit Party........I don't think this is a big swing or a validation but more of a status quo.

39 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Nope, that isn't what I said. Not like you to completely fabricate a point... :whistle

And you do it yet again, the continued squirming when you fcuk it up is hilarious. 🤡

I've mentioned this before,you would not last a week in my working environment, we don't tolerate people who don't take any responsibility. 

And you do it yet again, the continued squirming when you fcuk it up is hilarious. [emoji1782]
I've mentioned this before,you would not last a week in my working environment, we don't tolerate people who don't take any responsibility. 
I have to take responsibility for everything I do at work - so I just don't do anything. [emoji16]

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

And you do it yet again, the continued squirming when you fcuk it up is hilarious. 🤡

There is nowhere in my post where I said what you claimed. If you disagree, point to it. If your work environment involves people being made to take responsibility for things they didn’t do, you’re probably right because I’d tell them to jog on. 

Now go do what you usually do ‘tHiS iS wHy No OnE rEsPoNdS tO yOu’ 

Really hope the SNP get an overall majority. The thought of that little shit Patrick Harvie having any influence or power beggars belief and after another 5 years of the shitshow that is the SNP hopefully the Scottish people will wake the f8ck up!!! Having had the piss taken out us by the Labour party for a generation hopefully the country can see through this talentless bunch a bit quicker. Look into the quality of people who are there. Joe Fitzpatrick sacked as public health minister after Scotland having one of the worst drugs death records in the whole world gets 19818 votes in Dundee City West!! Oh the irony... The people of Dundee and Scotland get what they deserve!! Believe me the SNP are Nicola Sturgeon. The rest? You wouldn't send them for your messages let alone run our country.

24 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Really hope the SNP get an overall majority. The thought of that little shit Patrick Harvie having any influence or power beggars belief and after another 5 years of the shitshow that is the SNP hopefully the Scottish people will wake the f8ck up!!! Having had the piss taken out us by the Labour party for a generation hopefully the country can see through this talentless bunch a bit quicker. Look into the quality of people who are there. Joe Fitzpatrick sacked as public health minister after Scotland having one of the worst drugs death records in the whole world gets 19818 votes in Dundee City West!! Oh the irony... The people of Dundee and Scotland get what they deserve!! Believe me the SNP are Nicola Sturgeon. The rest? You wouldn't send them for your messages let alone run our country.

So you dont want labour, you dont want SNP, you dont want greens so who do you want to run Scotland? Boris? whether you get Labour or Tories they are just a small limb of the westminster party with no real say or power. I dont live there so dont get an option to vote so just interested on what policy/s swing it for you?

40 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

FEB0E095-666F-4B4F-B0DA-E47F31A09635.jpeg

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In fairness, on this occasion you are correct. That isn't what you said at all.

You get up to put on a new Pamper and troll 2 of my posts, continuing your cowardly approach, similar to tantrum.

Well done, your family must be very proud what you've become in the last year and a bit. :1eye

I'm frustrated as the results come in.

Marginal swings are NOT enough! A fourth term under SNP is another step towards independence.

I'm SO frustrated.
Still, we are fighting the wrong battle.

The ONLY chance Labour has of regaining power in Scotland, one which diminishes with every year that passes, is to regain votes from SNP... NOT by saying that independence is bad... But by taking the bull by the horns and openly stating that the current political system does not serve the people of Scotland. It is Londoncentric.

Not only does it NOT serve the people of Scotland; outwith London, it does not serve the people of the UK.

Labour has to promise the people that it will transform UK politics.

That it will fight to abolish the undemocratic, unelected House of Lords!

It will fight to give every region of the UK more autonomy. More control over their own local affairs backed up by the security of the unity!

Within Scotland, the needs of Glasgow, Dumfries and Stornaway are very different. They need local autonomy.

The wider UK is the same.

Give NE England an assembly. NW England too.
They suffer as much as Scotland. Rather than fight against them, recruit them!

Create a federal system in the UK that meets local needs by giving powers to local regions in support of local voters.

The new message from Labour...

"People of Scotland... We are sorry. The current political system does NOT meet our needs. It does not meet YOUR needs...

We have spent too long fighting others within this unfit system at the expense of meeting your needs.

We now commit to fighting against the system... To reforming it in order to create a brand new political system throughout the UK that will see Scotland have full control over her own affairs, backed up by the security of a union fit for purpose to serve the people of the UK."

Local issues matter. Of course they do. But hands are tied as political parties continue to fight the wrong fight.

SNP will continue to gain votes and WILL gain independence within the next generation of voters unless voters are convinced that the political system can change and make their votes actually matter!

Right now, people of Scotland feel that the system is undemocratic as their vote matters not one iota. SNP know that and play on it. Rightly so.

Labour HAS to take that very same argument and use it for their own gain.

Opposition parties have to redefine the battle lines! Choose theit fight carefully.

I reckon they get one last chance at this! Listen to the voters. Fight their fight. Fight OUR fight.

Independence may NOT be the answer, but it will become an inevitable outcome if we do not get a viable alternative.

Attack the system.
Change the system.
Revolutionise politics to bring it out of the 18th century and make it fit for purpose.

You get up to put on a new Pamper and troll 2 of my posts, continuing your cowardly approach, similar to tantrum.

Well done, your family must be very proud what you've become in the last year and a bit. :1eye

You just attack multiple different posts a day, it’s your thing. It’s an absolute rank approach to using a forum. 

Marginal swings are NOT enough! A fourth term under SNP is another step towards independence.

I'm SO frustrated.

The ONLY chance Labour has of regaining power in Scotland, one which diminishes with every year that passes, is to regain votes from SNP... NOT by saying that independence is bad... But by taking the bull by the horns and openly stating that the current political system does not serve the people of Scotland. It is Londoncentric.

Not only does it NOT serve the people of Scotland; outwith London, it does not serve the people of the UK.

It will fight to give every region of the UK more autonomy. More control over their own local affairs backed up by the security of the unity!

Within Scotland, the needs of Glasgow, Dumfries and Stornaway are very different. They need local autonomy.

Create a federal system in the UK that meets local needs by giving powers to local regions in support of local voters.

"People of Scotland... We are sorry. The current political system does NOT meet our needs. It does not meet YOUR needs...

We have spent too long fighting others within this unfit system at the expense of meeting your needs.

We now commit to fighting against the system... To reforming it in order to create a brand new political system throughout the UK that will see Scotland have full control over her own affairs, backed up by the security of a union fit for purpose to serve the people of the UK."

Local issues matter. Of course they do. But hands are tied as political parties continue to fight the wrong fight.

SNP will continue to gain votes and WILL gain independence within the next generation of voters unless voters are convinced that the political system can change and make their votes actually matter!

Right now, people of Scotland feel that the system is undemocratic as their vote matters not one iota. SNP know that and play on it. Rightly so.

Opposition parties have to redefine the battle lines! Choose theit fight carefully.

I reckon they get one last chance at this! Listen to the voters. Fight their fight. Fight OUR fight.

Independence may NOT be the answer, but it will become an inevitable outcome if we do not get a viable alternative.

Attack the system.
Change the system.
Revolutionise politics to bring it out of the 18th century and make it fit for purpose.
The LibDems have been talking about federalisation for years, it hasn't worked for them.

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Irony or thichasfcuk is questioning someone's intelligence, with a spelling/grammar mistake. emoji1787.png

THICHASFCUK? My excuse is 2 bottles of wine, what's yours? Thanks for the English lesson. You're a prick. Is that better? Have a great weekend. 🙂

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I'm SO frustrated.

Attack the system.
Change the system.

Good post bud.

The problem for unionist parties is that the electorate in Scotland have clearly indicated a very strong preference for a 2nd referendum. Anyone who genuinely values democracy at all must acknowledge that. When unionists are having to count the seats of every other major party to come close to the SNP count so that they can claim a mandate for Indyref2 doesn't exist, it's a lost cause.

The problem isn't a lack of federalism. That ship has sailed. The problem is that the unionist parties are simply not listening to an electorate who have consistently voted in a majority of pro-independence parties for at least 10 years now. The result of that lack of respect is that there are only about 10 marginal seats in Scotland. The rest have SNP miles ahead. There is no prospect of overturning that anytime soon. To stand a remote chance of recovery, Labour should publicly admit that Scotland wants IndyRef2 and should fight to have that respected. No other plan will work.

The Lib Dems are now entirely dead up here. Only 4 seats and facing being removed from committees, FM questions, etc. That is what faces Labour if they don't start respecting the crystal clear democratic wishes of the nation.

I would rather IndyRef2 happened in a few years but I accept that the electorate have spoken. Labour won't respect that and are being crushed accordingly. This isn't rocket science.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Good post bud.

The problem for unionist parties is that the electorate in Scotland have clearly indicated a very strong preference for a 2nd referendum.

Do you just make stuff up ALL the time? :lol:

Worst polling for Yes since 2019 as SNP support continues to drop, poll shows

Should a second independence referendum be held tomorrow, just 42 per cent of voters would vote Yes, with 49 per cent of Scots backing No and a further 8 per cent undecided.

Edited by faraway saint