The Politics Thread

shull

What a mess down sowf, Christmas parties, free stuff for Number 10 and Boris has a new baby to feed.

Meanwhile up here, more overreaction from the SNP, postpone Christmas parties for a variant that is, seemingly, good art spreading but is as weak as water. :blink:

I'm afraid that horse has bolted, people will do what they want, as many did last year anyway, although companies will pull the plug for fear of adverse publicity.

Fcuk off Covid, enough is enough. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What a mess down sowf, Christmas parties, free stuff for Number 10 and Boris has a new baby to feed.

Meanwhile up here, more overreaction from the SNP, postpone Christmas parties for a variant that is, seemingly, good art spreading but is as weak as water. :blink:

I'm afraid that horse has bolted, people will do what they want, as many did last year anyway, although companies will pull the plug for fear of adverse publicity.

Fcuk off Covid, enough is enough. 

So is it covid or the SNP to blame? 😳

8 minutes ago, HSS said:

I'll try to help you here, I know it's proving difficult, who makes the "rules"? :rolleyes:

Take your time. :byebye

Check the numbers, that might help as well.

If you still can't work it out, try the Samaritans. 

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Edited by faraway saint

47 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Ah, the old "If your not an "expert" you're not allowed an opinion. :lol:

Close the forum down, no "experts" here. :byebye

Maybe it’s the way you put your opinion across Was there really any need for the samaratins comment?

Close the forum down?What would you do with your life?

25 minutes ago, HSS said:

Maybe it’s the way you put your opinion across Was there really any need for the samaratins comment?

Close the forum down?What would you do with your life?

11 hours ago, HSS said:

Aye, I understand posts can be taken the wrong way.

Maybe I took the post above wrong, if so, apologies.

While I'm not an expert I have to say wee Nicky comes over very well at press conferences.

I certainly, as a non expert, disagree with plenty of her, and her party's points, but, as a leader she's good at communicating and very personable.

The water, on deferring Christmas parties, get's muddier and muddier.

Works Christmas parties, seem to be the target, but normal get together's are ok, but, you, and all the people you meet, should take a test before going to the pub/restaurant. 

Aye, that'll happen. 

While I'm not an expert I have to say wee Nicky comes over very well at press conferences.
I certainly, as a non expert, disagree with plenty of her, and her party's points, but, as a leader she's good at communicating and very personable.
The water, on deferring Christmas parties, get's muddier and muddier.
Works Christmas parties, seem to be the target, but normal get together's are ok, but, you, and all the people you meet, should take a test before going to the pub/restaurant. 
Aye, that'll happen. 

Think the couple of examples explained the reasoning regarding Xmas parties.

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Think the couple of examples explained the reasoning regarding Xmas parties.

They did give "reasons" but as the effect of the variant, in South Africa, is that it's very transmissible the real worry, hospital cases & deaths, remain very low so the new measures are, in my nonexpert opinion, unwarranted and ANOTHER panic decision. 

Emerging data from South Africa indicates that Omicron may cause less severe illness. Data which looked at hospitalizations across South Africa between 14 November and 4 December found that ICU occupancy was only 6.3 % – which is very low compared with the same period when the country was facing the peak linked to the Delta variant in July. 

The UK government continues to shoot itself in the foot.

More information on the audacity of these people flaunting the rules around Christmas last year.

The revolt by back benchers in the recent vote in Parliament. 

The senior civil servant who was investigating Christmas parties had 2 parties in his office.

The absolutely stunning collapse of the Conservative support in this weeks by election.

Aye, IMO, all stemming from the leader, the beginning of the end? 

Was at an amazing funeral yesterday.  Easily 200 in the big space for the service.  All masked.  Loads of high arching roof ventilation

A huge proportion of that big congregation went on to an unmasked pub for tea, food and free bar.  Low-roofed poorly ventilated.

a lot of noisy talking.

this may prove to have been more interesting than it might have appeared…. 🤧

20 minutes ago, antrin said:

Was at an amazing funeral yesterday.  Easily 200 in the big space for the service.  All masked.  Loads of high arching roof ventilation

A huge proportion of that big congregation went on to an unmasked pub for tea, food and free bar.  Low-roofed poorly ventilated.

a lot of noisy talking.

this may prove to have been more interesting than it might have appeared…. 🤧

The only way it would be more interesting is if it was your funeral and you were writing in the afterlife.

5 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Following on from a Tory MP signing a letter of no confidence of Boris, Lord Frost the brexit minister has handed in his resignation.

The rats are leaving the sinking ship. emoji1787.png

Sadly there are too many rats who'll still be their when the liar is ousted.

Meanwhile his probable successor was in the USA selling off the NHS.

Still, I suppose that's what you get when you put a hedge fund owner in charge of the countries finances.

This was from Nov 25th, likelihood is her popularity has dropped further.

A YouGov poll shows the first minister’s approval ratings fell almost 40 points since August last year when it was +50.

However, Ms Sturgeon remains the most popular leader in Scotland and the only one to achieve a positive rating.

It is thought her government’s domestic record on health and education could be behind her popularity halving.