The Politics Thread

shull

• 3 weeks later...

latest party revelations.

Ran into the small hours of the morning (same day as the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral)

Member of staff sent out to a shop to buy a SUITCASE worth of booze. 

Actually can't make this up... Starting to see it wasn't such a big surprise that they found traces of gear in multiple toilets throughout parliament. 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

latest party revelations.

Ran into the small hours of the morning (same day as the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral)

Member of staff sent out to a shop to buy a SUITCASE worth of booze. 

Actually can't make this up... Starting to see it wasn't such a big surprise that they found traces of gear in multiple toilets throughout parliament. 

Aye, I agree, it's utterly, can hardly put it into words.

The attitude of these people, not only should it cost Boris his job, every one of these cretins who attended should be binned, no matter their position. 

• 2 weeks later...

So now the met are censoring the Gray report (first time a whitewash has been referred to as Gray) and a former pupil of the West School uses £500K of public money on a private plane for a jolly.  The PM tells us that he wont resign regardless of what he is caught out on and we are all facing a tax rise to pay for the funneling of funds into the coffers of tory friends, albeit disguised as earmarked for getting the NHS back on track (it wont). behind this the actual level of inflation for families is tracking towards 30% and no help is forthcoming from UK gov.

Independence anyone?  I think the charlatans have just busted their own economic argument against it.

The Prime Minister’s latest excuse, sorry, Statement.

Boris enters the room, hair cut, tie straight and shirt ironed tor a change. (Carrie obviously outdid herself in an attempt to make him look ministerial).

"People of Britain, this is a historic moment. I have said sorry to someone for something. It has never happened before. You will no doubt all have seen my heartfelt, sincere, extremely carefully worded and convincing apology to the House of Commons. You will have heard me talking about sharing your pain at loved ones dying alone and all that sort of stuff that I trotted out so movingly. And I’m sure now no one can be in any doubt about how very, very sorry I am that you, the public, have formed the opinion, however misguided and inaccurate, that I have done something wrong, even though I haven’t.
Unfortunately I cannot prove how inaccurate your opinion is due to the fact the Police have ensured that all evidence of my obvious innocence is being kept from you because of an ongoing investigation which I didn’t instigate and am ensured will last for at least the length of this Parliament".

OH WHAT AN F'N SURPRISE.

Edited by stlucifer

2 hours ago, Slarti said:
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:
I think wee Nicky has scuppered any realistic thought's of independence, well done her. :thumbs2

Why would you think that?

Not just me..............

NICOLA Sturgeon’s personal approval rating has slumped since she ended her daily Covid briefings, suggesting voters are increasingly unhappy with her domestic record. 

A new YouGov poll for the Times found the First Minster’s rating has fallen almost 40 points since its peak last year, when she was on TV almost daily, although she remains the most popular political leader in Scotland.

Ms Sturgeon’s approval rating hit +50 in August last year, when 72 per cent of voters said she was doing well as First Minister, against 22% who said she was doing badly.

But her rating this month is down to +12, with 53% saying she is doing well, compared to 41% saying she is doing badly.

Since You Gov’s last pre-election poll in May, her popularity has halved from +27.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I think wee Nicky has scuppered any realistic thought's of independence, well done her. :thumbs2

Fortunately events at Westminster will ensure independence is still well on track.:)

Anything negative that NS has been perceived as doing, has been trumped a thousand fold by the corrupt, sneering, xenophobes "in charge" of the country.

Not just me..............

NICOLA Sturgeon’s personal approval rating has slumped since she ended her daily Covid briefings, suggesting voters are increasingly unhappy with her domestic record. 

A new YouGov poll for the Times found the First Minster’s rating has fallen almost 40 points since its peak last year, when she was on TV almost daily, although she remains the most popular political leader in Scotland.

Ms Sturgeon’s approval rating hit +50 in August last year, when 72 per cent of voters said she was doing well as First Minister, against 22% who said she was doing badly.

But her rating this month is down to +12, with 53% saying she is doing well, compared to 41% saying she is doing badly.

Since You Gov’s last pre-election poll in May, her popularity has halved from +27.

Yep, so 53% think she is doing well, that would be enough. [emoji106]

Yep, so 53% think she is doing well, that would be enough. [emoji106]
Which is totally wrong.

Major change should depend on an overwhelmingly majority being in favour... 70% or thereabouts!

Otherwise, the discontentment and infighting continues.

If it is overwhelming and democratic... There is no argument.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk