The Politics Thread

shull

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I never said you and, I, clearly said, in the next year or so, 

Irrespective of the writers bias, to write off the facts is, as expected, a common tactic. 

I didn’t write off the so called facts.
The written piece is a mish mash of the so called journalists opinion, spiced with hatred  for devo and with a small smattering of facts thrown in to try and validate his opinion. 
Essentially , that piece says Scotland and Wales governments are too wee , stupid and not Tory enough to make their own decisions and we should follow Englands lead.  
Cochrane has zero credibility as a journo - he writes what his unionist masters tell him. 

I take it you have been paying attention to what’s happened with our glorious Westminster leaders over the last two years ? 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I didn’t write off the so called facts.
The written piece is a mish mash of the so called journalists opinion, spiced with hatred  for devo and with a small smattering of facts thrown in to try and validate his opinion. 
Essentially , that piece says Scotland and Wales governments are too wee , stupid and not Tory enough to make their own decisions and we should follow Englands lead.  
Cochrane has zero credibility as a journo - he writes what his unionist masters tell him. 

I take it you have been paying attention to what’s happened with our glorious Westminster leaders over the last two years ? 

The chip on your shoulder is what leads you to interpret parts as Scotland and Wales are too wee and stupid. 

For your information, if you read back, I've stated VERY clearly the capers by Johnson and his staff should see him, and every person who attended these parties, get the boot. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The chip on your shoulder is what leads you to interpret parts as Scotland and Wales are too wee and stupid. 

For your information, if you read back, I've stated VERY clearly the capers by Johnson and his staff should see him, and every person who attended these parties, get the boot. 

😂.  Ah right , so the man who was waiting on bitter & twisted replies sees someone’s opinion that he doesn't agree with as “a chip on the shoulder “😂

Aye, very good 👍😂.😂😂

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

😂.  Ah right , so the man who was waiting on bitter & twisted replies sees someone’s opinion that he doesn't agree with as “a chip on the shoulder “😂

Aye, very good 👍😂.😂😂

Again, never said your reply was in that bracket and the massive jump to the terms you used certainly suggest a inferiority complex. 😉

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Again, never said your reply was in that bracket and the massive jump to the terms you used certainly suggest a inferiority complex. 😉

I just don’t see how you can simply write of someone’s opinion or indeed my interpretation of that biased piece of writing as a chip on my shoulder. 🤷‍♂️

The journalist who wrote the piece that you provided the link to is heavily biased against the devolved administrations, that comes through very clear in that piece and if you do your homework on him and his previous , you’d see where his loyalties lie and who pulls his strings.  

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I just don’t see how you can simply write of someone’s opinion or indeed my interpretation of that biased piece of writing as a chip on my shoulder. 🤷‍♂️

The journalist who wrote the piece that you provided the link to is heavily biased against the devolved administrations, that comes through very clear in that piece and if you do your homework on him and his previous , you’d see where his loyalties lie and who pulls his strings.  

Don't you have a a telly? I've got a power cut and I'm wasting my data on this merry go round debate. 😉

15 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Would have been so different if we’d gone with the original result and we were well on our way to being an independent Nation rather than the powers at be declaring it null & void and hanging on for a replay . 

We could actually have been a relatively well off Nation by now instead of part of a bullshit so called “Union” which is currently over £2 trillion in debt and rising, governed by a corrupt Westminster old boys network .

But hey -ho , best of three it is then.   🤷‍♂️     

Let’s see what Project fear #2 looks like . 

Or 5?

:whistle:

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ok, we have power so, leaving aside who wrote the piece I happen to agree on the sentiment that the Scottish government, latterly, were playing games and it, IMO, did backfire as the restrictions were not proportional to the risk.

In one week, the official stance of the Scottish Government went from...

We are easing restrictions but COVID is still a real danger and people should work from home wherever possible...

Via...

We are going to look at the possibility of encouraging hybrid working and will be talking to employers....

To...

From this Monday, people should return to working from the office wherever possible!

You couldn't make it up! [emoji850]

Yet it is all science based?

Has science changed that much in just a week

If only folk listened or read what folk say or write entirely. [emoji6]

Aye, playing with livelihoods to try to prove a point....................backfired. 
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/scotland-played-politics-pandemic-lost-202916484.html
I don't mind at all.
I await more bitter and twisted points over the next year or so as the desperate nationalists become more rabid by the day. [emoji38]
Nicely done, illustrated your fear by posting a link to a desperate nationalist.

[emoji846]

19 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Nicely done, illustrated your fear by posting a link to a desperate nationalist.

emoji846.png

As I said, WHO wrote the piece isn't important, it's the sentiment which I believe to be relevant. 

Desperate, wasn't it the rabid SNP support who dismissed the older voters in the last referendum? :lol:

Fear, aye, when it suits the narrative. :wink:

As I said, WHO wrote the piece isn't important, it's the sentiment which I believe to be relevant. 
Desperate, wasn't it the rabid SNP support who dismissed the older voters in the last referendum? [emoji38]
Fear, aye, when it suits the narrative. :wink:
Aye, let's ignore the desperate nationalism on show in the piece...this completely disproven shite for a start:

"This has led to the ridiculous situation, as recently as New Year’s Eve, when Scots piled on to trains for Newcastle"

Naw they didnae, it was the other way roon because Hogmanay = Scotland.

If that's no desperate, what is?

5 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Aye, let's ignore the desperate nationalism on show in the piece...this completely disproven shite for a start:

"This has led to the ridiculous situation, as recently as New Year’s Eve, when Scots piled on to trains for Newcastle"

Naw they didnae, it was the other way roon because Hogmanay = Scotland.

If that's no desperate, what is?

Didn't you see news reports showing that exact thing? 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1543147/Scotland-england-new-year-eve-invasion-Nicola-sturgeon-latest-covid-omicron-lockdown

Why would people be coming to Scotland when it was shut?  :lol:

Cherry picking certain issues, in this case a massive OG, is desperate. 

Oh my, getting better and better. :happyclapper

Edited by faraway saint

Didn't you see news reports showing that exact thing? 
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1543147/Scotland-england-new-year-eve-invasion-Nicola-sturgeon-latest-covid-omicron-lockdown
Why would people be coming to Scotland when it was shut?  [emoji38]
Cherry picking certain issues, in this case a massive OG, is desperate. 
Oh my, getting better and better. :happyclapper
Using the Express to defend the bollocks claims, faraway? That's a bit desperate...

[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Rail operator figures showed no increase in passenger numbers compared to previous years and road traffic was the same. And that's both ways for both ergo, there was no mass exodus down south to England for Hogmanay and the same number of people from South of the border came to Scotland for Hogmanay.

Here's an article saying that and, before you decry it because it's The National, the article is based on figures made public by The Scotsman.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19833200.covid-scotland-data-shows-scots-didnt-flock-england-new-year-celebrations/

27 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Using the Express to defend the bollocks claims, faraway? That's a bit desperate...

emoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji1787.png

Rail operator figures showed no increase in passenger numbers compared to previous years and road traffic was the same. And that's both ways for both ergo, there was no mass exodus down south to England for Hogmanay and the same number of people from South of the border came to Scotland for Hogmanay.

Here's an article saying that and, before you decry it because it's The National, the article is based on figures made public by The Scotsman.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19833200.covid-scotland-data-shows-scots-didnt-flock-england-new-year-celebrations/

Maybe the the hot air balloon hire rate showed a significant upturn?

How else did this mass migration of people happen otherwise?:lol:

43 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

emoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji1787.png

So, in the original article you dismissed it because of the person who wrote it, you're now dismissing the Express article because you don't believe it.

What about this, maybe the people are actors or had just used the hot air balloon that @FTOF had hired out? 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/gallery/scottish-revellers-newcastle-new-year-22615829

Focusing on one particular point when the main point, again, is the SNP were disproportionate in the latest instance with the Omicron variant, is desperate.

If you, or @FTOF are getting "off" on the numbers rather than the facts that wee NIcky fecked up, then fire in.

Just send your hilarity to the business's who were fecked over for the "flu", and wee Nicky trying, and failing, to gain political points. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=500555318096875&id=100044272321956

Unionists lie, we pay for their lies.

Today’s #BBC interview with Liz Truss was an absolute disgrace

Failed to mention massive tax hike breaks manifesto pledge

Failed to mention PM made a personal promise not to raise taxes

Failed to mention PM said he had a “clear plan” to fix social care without raising taxes

Failed to point out PM said NHS could be funded with a massive Brexit dividend if we left the EU (not a massive hike in taxes!)

So, in the original article you dismissed it because of the person who wrote it, you're now dismissing the Express article because you don't believe it.
What about this, maybe the people are actors or had just used the hot air balloon that[mention=5]FTOF[/mention] had hired out? 
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/gallery/scottish-revellers-newcastle-new-year-22615829
Focusing on one particular point when the main point, again, is the SNP were disproportionate in the latest instance with the Omicron variant, is desperate.
If you, or [mention=5]FTOF[/mention] are getting "off" on the numbers rather than the facts that wee NIcky fecked up, then fire in.
Just send your hilarity to the business's who were fecked over for the "flu", and wee Nicky trying, and failing, to gain political points. 

Desperation, indeed, faraway. Stick with me here.

Did people travel south of the border for New Year celebrations? Yes, they most certainly did. However, not in the numbers your man (and the unionist media including the BBC) claimed would happen and then tried to mislead people into believing had actually happened. Instead, a simple search demonstrates that the numbers are consistent with last year's numbers.

The man on the Clapham omnibus ([emoji2398] bluto, remember him?) can only conclude that a failure to carry out this simple research before committing to publishing throws everything else the writer is saying into doubt. Ergo, his article loses any and all credibility.

It might well be your opinion that the restrictions were badly handled, it might well be mine for that matter, neither is relevant to the matter in hand. You asserted that Scottish independence supporters will get more and more desperate while using the rantings of a rabid British nationalist to support your assertion. Can't you see the irony?

10 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Desperation, indeed, faraway. Stick with me here.

Did people travel south of the border for New Year celebrations? Yes, they most certainly did. However, not in the numbers your man (and the unionist media including the BBC) claimed would happen and then tried to mislead people into believing had actually happened. Instead, a simple search demonstrates that the numbers are consistent with last year's numbers.

The man on the Clapham omnibus (emoji2398.png bluto, remember him?) can only conclude that a failure to carry out this simple research before committing to publishing throws everything else the writer is saying into doubt. Ergo, his article loses any and all credibility.

It might well be your opinion that the restrictions were badly handled, it might well be mine for that matter, neither is relevant to the matter in hand. You asserted that Scottish independence supporters will get more and more desperate while using the rantings of a rabid British nationalist to support your assertion. Can't you see the irony?

I didn't see any numbers by any sources for people who would travel out of Scotland, and Wales, and the terms used could be seen as exaggeration, say like tsunami, so let's just leave it at that, as this is a very minor part of the original article.

I DON'T believe that if one part of an article is "exaggerated" the rest has no credibility. 

It's early days for the next attempt to leave the UK, I DO remember plenty of the bitterness and bile that was used the last time, let's sit back and see how this develops. 

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What about this, maybe the people are actors or had just used the hot air balloon that @FTOF had hired out? 

If you, or @FTOF are getting "off" on the numbers rather than the facts that wee NIcky fecked up, then fire in.

The irony is, people like you can’t even conceive that England's approach hammered business without additional support. 

‘We aren’t putting any new restrictions in’ 

‘but also don’t go out or your Christmas might be cancelled because you’ll have a big chance of getting the virus’ 

‘Also because we are saying there are no new restrictions when actually we know our message will cause millions to cancel plans & stay in, we aren’t going to give any additional support to businesses… because you know, we aren’t technically restricting you’ 

England had underhanded, restrictions by stealth.

The only time they didn’t eventually follow the other three home nations lead during the pandemic & it was these extremely underhanded tactics. 

I didn't see any numbers by any sources for people who would travel out of Scotland, and Wales, and the terms used could be seen as exaggeration, say like tsunami, so let's just leave it at that, as this is a very minor part of the original article. I DON'T believe that if one part of an article is "exaggerated" the rest has no credibility.

It's not 'exaggerated', it's a downright falsehood. Here's the article from The Scotsman, not a publication known to support independence for Scotland.

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/covid-scotland-scots-did-not-flock-to-england-for-hogmanay-amid-coronavirus-restrictions-data-shows-3519013

It wasn't hard to find.

He's either incompetent, and doesn't fact check, or he's deliberately published it anyway knowing it was false. Either way, in my book anyway, he loses all and any credibility - as does any other writer under those circumstances.

It's early days for the next attempt to leave the UK, I DO remember plenty of the bitterness and bile that was used the last time, let's sit back and see how this develops. 

There was, from loonies on both sides.

29 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The irony is, people like you can’t even conceive that England's approach hammered business without additional support. 

I think you're wrong there as recent news stories show.  They were making massive grants to firms south of the border.  Unfortunately, they were awarding them mainly to fake firms and shell companies.