The Politics Thread

shull

8 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I think you're wrong there as recent news stories show.  They were making massive grants to firms south of the border.  Unfortunately, they were awarding them mainly to fake firms and shell companies.

Baz is right when he's referring to hospitality, travel and other such businesses.  They have largely been abandoned.

Edited by antrin

5 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I think you're wrong there as recent news stories show.  They were making massive grants to firms south of the border.  Unfortunately, they were awarding them mainly to fake firms and shell companies.

Haha, aye maybe. Good news for the shell company industry I suppose. 😂

I think they did back track a little bit on support in December, initially it was use existing schemes only. Scotland has given more support than any home nation during this time. 

Edited by bazil85

49 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sue Gray report published (in part) and it is absolutely damning. Even without the Met review points redacted, can't see how any respectable, reasonable and honest person would not resign... So three+ more years of Bojo then. :whistle

& yet wankface continues to bluff & bluster . Up to now it was “wait till the report is issued “.  & right now he is standing up in Parliament and saying”wait for the Met police report” 

Guys a lying rule breaking Cnut !!!  

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

& yet wankface continues to bluff & bluster . Up to now it was “wait till the report is issued “.  & right now he is standing up in Parliament and saying”wait for the Met police report” 

Guys a lying rule breaking Cnut !!!  

.Has anyone got a backbone in that Tory Party

The damage he is doing surely there must be someone to say enough is enough

• 1 month later...

Shhh, keep it quiet, a disastrous decision to subsidise the incompetent Scottish ship building company, but it's ok, it's only  £240 MILLION. 

Two and a half times the original quote. 

Couldnae make it up. 

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/auditor-reveals-ferguson-marine-ferries-26527624

PS I should add I'm still astinded the the PM, and every half wit that attended these parties during lockdown should lose their jobs.

That's only fair as ALL politicians should be held accountable for their actions. 

Edited by faraway saint

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Shhh, keep it quiet, a disastrous decision to subsidise the incompetent Scottish ship building company, but it's ok, it's only  £240 MILLION. 

Two and a half times the original quote. 

Couldnae make it up. 

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/auditor-reveals-ferguson-marine-ferries-26527624

Yeah, it doesn't read good.

However things like this have been 30+ years in the making with the loss or decline of trades and experienced, competent people in higher positions within such companies. And replaced by number crunchers generally with not much experience with the practicalities of what the actual job entails.

Just now, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Yeah, it doesn't read good.

However things like this have been 30+ years in the making with the loss or decline of trades and experienced, competent people in higher positions within such companies. And replaced by number crunchers generally with not much experience with the practicalities of what the actual job entails.

Indeed, I've witnessed a steady decline in engineering over the years, incompetent people being in positions of authority, fiddling while Rome burns.

This is not only aimed at people at the top, rife throughout the industry, although the people at the top are ultimately responsible.