The Politics Thread

shull

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Third thoughts…

Buffoon to be immediately gone.

His Deputy Raab to step up to the plate.  (I know… I know….)

Raab is an exceptional arse so will make multiple more gaffes, won’t enhance the party/brand image and there are surely many more Pincher-style sex abuse exposes to come out…

Well. Why don’t you just say what you think Mr A? I agree on B going and R being in charge. Neither appeals to a wide audience.

So, let's weigh it up, who is the worst Prime Minister any of us can remember ?

I'm old enough to have lived through the "Thatcher Years". Well,  she was a total c*nt who sh*t upon the British working classes and particularly targeted Scotland with her Poll Tax experiment. The Tories have been (deservedly) widely hated in Scotland ever since. I thought that no politician could ever be loathed to the same extent as that vindictive cow.

And then came Boris Johnson. 

What a charlatan he is ! A scruffy, Scotland-hating, lying, backstabbing, deluded, self-serving, poisonous, horrible f*cker with no redeeming qualities. 

Well, IMO he has out-Thatchered Thatcher. 

Rot in Hell, Boris.

Scotland wanting the Conservatives out gives you a Labour government

They shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near number 10

There obviously is a huge political divide and rightly so

But hardly going to get a positive spin on the conservatives on a Scottish platform for the obvious reasons

Down here though ? It would be horrendous having Labour in power ( at least at the moment )

26 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm old enough to have lived through the "Thatcher Years". Well,  she was a total c*nt who sh*t upon the British working classes and particularly targeted Scotland with her Poll Tax experiment. The Tories have been (deservedly) widely hated in Scotland ever since. I thought that no politician could ever be loathed to the same extent as that vindictive cow.

What a charlatan he is ! A scruffy, Scotland-hating, lying, backstabbing, deluded, self-serving, poisonous, horrible f*cker with no redeeming qualities. 

Rot in Hell, Boris.

I remember the poll tax very well indeed being threatened with court action, etc over 34p. Some things never forgotten.

Had he not sacked a certain Dominic Cummings then I'm pretty sure none of this would have come to light.

1 hour ago, Scott-Leeds said:

But hardly going to get a positive spin on the conservatives on a Scottish platform for the obvious reasons

Down here though ? It would be horrendous having Labour in power ( at least at the moment )

I am fairly apolitical, but why would you think that any other party would be worse than the current shower of self serving, lying, financially corrupt , sexually promiscuous incompetent ******s (insert your preferred insult here).

We could have had an alternative path here in Scotland  if we had the b*lls to take it.

Edited by ianmac

For reasons of absolute clarity…

Thatcher was a total c**t, may she not rest in peace.  Ever.

( in case none of you noticed, she sold off our national natural assets that are now mostly owned by France and Germany. (Their governments: every time you use power or water, Europeans get richer.  Tory strategy….)

The Buffoon is a total wanky heidcase that the Tory Party utilised to keep them in power, no matter the carnage and destruction inflicted on the ”little people”.

He is a lesser c**t who actually believed he was of someone of relevance and importance…  Till the party decided he was a loss.

Edited by antrin

46 minutes ago, antrin said:

For reasons of absolute clarity…

Thatcher was a total c**t, may she not rest in peace.  Ever.

( in case none of you noticed, she sold off our national natural assets that are now mostly owned by France and Germany. (Their governments: every time you use power or water, Europeans get richer.  Tory strategy….)

The Buffoon is a total wanky heidcase that the Tory Party utilised to keep them in power, no matter the carnage and destruction inflicted on the ”little people”.

He is a lesser c**t who actually believed he was of someone of relevance and importance…  Till the party decided he was a loss.

When Thatcher came to power I raised a question for discussion with our chief economist which essentially asked - what happens if she does what she says she is going to do economically? What happens if she reduces inflation to zero? What will happen to house prices as millions lose jobs and hand their keys back to the lenders. Don’t worry, I was told - she won’t do it- But she did and we suffered. Don’t get me wrong, change was needed but the way to achieve it was not to brutalise the country. Boris - Brexit- need I say more. 

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Rot in Hell, Boris.

Blair! He took us to war based under a false pretext, killing hundreds of thousands in the process. How can that not be worse than the Poll Tax?

Then there's everything else his government did! Increase student loans, all the oppressive legislation, mass-immigration, the world's biggest DNA database, ID cards (thankfully thwarted), sold off lots of our gold and, of course, his chancellor claimed to have eliminated boom and bust. 

4 hours ago, ianmac said:

I am fairly apolitical, but why would you think that any other party would be worse than the current shower of self serving, lying, financially corrupt , sexually promiscuous incompetent ******s (insert your preferred insult here).

We could have had an alternative path here in Scotland  if we had the b*lls to take it.

:happyclapper 

5 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

That's your choice down there... you can vote in who you want to run the country and change your mind every 5 or so year 

The problem up here is...  we have to take your choice too... You get the point yet Scott 

That's your choice down there... you can vote in who you want to run the country and change your mind every 5 or so year 
The problem up here is...  we have to take your choice too... You get the point yet Scott 

100% agree - Labour is what you would get by getting rid of Tories in Scotland ( So obviously something needs to change )

13 hours ago, shull said:

Yep, if you support any Tory political philosophy, please do stay in England. 

Nothing to do with independence, SNP or even being left leaning. If a person holds Tory views, they should be utterly embarrassed at their self serving nature. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Yep, if you support any Tory political philosophy, please do stay in England. 

Nothing to do with independence, SNP or even being left leaning. If a person holds Tory views, they should be utterly embarrassed at their self serving nature. 

Funny thing is I always had you down as a Tory wanker. 

Guess I’ll just refer to you as a wanker from now on. 😂 

2 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

100% agree - Labour is what you would get by getting rid of Tories in Scotland ( So obviously something needs to change )

And there, rightly or wrongly, is the single biggest argument for Independence