The Politics Thread

shull

1 minute ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Scotland requires neither Labour or Conservatives

England certainly doesn’t require Labour

It’s f**ked to be honest

Nobody deserves the current shower of Charlatans who, by and large, were elected from English constituencies but the saying "you reap what you sow" comes to mind. 

I've previously been fairly ambivalent (2014 anyway) with regards to Independence. I'll certainly listen to all the arguments as and when the time comes but with our exit from EU and the behaviour in Westminster since (Conservatives mostly) I'd happily cut everything South of the  Border adrift. I spent a long time living in the South of England and for the most part enjoyed my time there, met and befriended many very decent people and never had any problems. The current Tory MP's/Councillors aren't like any of the people I knew.....they are abhorrent in their "Little Englander/Empirical" caricature. If England want to keep voting them in they are welcome to them.

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

Nobody deserves the current shower of Charlatans who, by and large, were elected from English constituencies but the saying "you reap what you sow" comes to mind. 

I've previously been fairly ambivalent (2014 anyway) with regards to Independence. I'll certainly listen to all the arguments as and when the time comes but with our exit from EU and the behaviour in Westminster since (Conservatives mostly) I'd happily cut everything South of the  Border adrift. I spent a long time living in the South of England and for the most part enjoyed my time there, met and befriended many very decent people and never had any problems. The current Tory MP's/Councillors aren't like any of the people I knew.....they are abhorrent in their "Little Englander/Empirical" caricature. If England want to keep voting them in they are welcome to them.

Well said Wee Bud

19 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Funny thing is I always had you down as a Tory wanker. 

Guess I’ll just refer to you as a wanker from now on. 😂 

Just shows, some people make their mind up on certain points void of absolutely no evidence whatsoever 😏

21 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

It’s ironic that @bazil85, who puts so much weight on the Old Firm and their bigotry, hatred and violence in terms of supporting St Mirren, wants independence 😂

1. There is no old firm they ended in 2012 

2. Linking football & politics is something more commonly associated with fans of the deceased old firm 

3. You clearly don’t know what ‘ironic’ means. 

The same ones who elected Biden? 
In a way, yes. For that I'd actually put the blame on the stupid c**t Democrats who voted him in as their candidate. Come the Presidential election, the country was left to choose between two useless cunts. Useless cunts for different reasons, but both useless cunts nevertheless.

It’s ironic that [mention=8643]bazil85[/mention], who puts so much weight on the Old Firm and their bigotry, hatred and violence in terms of supporting St Mirren, wants independence [emoji23]
Why would that be ironic?

I can raise zero interest in the cavalcade of venal tories.  

If they really had a clue about their organisation, they’d have understood that presenting these lying wanks as the best they could offer is not great advertising policy.

“Better than The Buffoon” is no great claim….  
So are my snotters.

Honest cover on today’s Private Eye.

B391264D-EBA2-4CD9-98A8-4A5F294FF751.jpeg

Edited by antrin

18 minutes ago, antrin said:

I can raise zero interest in the cavalcade of venal tories.  

If they really had a clue about their organisation, they’d have understood that presenting these lying wanks as the best they could offer is not great advertising policy.

“Better than The Buffoon” is no great claim….  
So are my snotters.

Honest cover on today’s Private Eye.

B391264D-EBA2-4CD9-98A8-4A5F294FF751.jpeg

Love the visuals!!!

Until they can be ousted at a general election, we are stick with them. I have to say that the field offers little choice on policies. More about presentation.

45 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Only 6 candidates remaining. They are -

Wank, Wank, Good Guy, Wank, Wank, Wank  .........

Only joking. There's no Good Guy.

Very true. They all seem to be trying to be even more fascist than the others.

The Daily Heil seems to want anyone but Rishi, so I guess he is maybe the least awful.

30 minutes ago, ianmac said:

Very true. They all seem to be trying to be even more fascist than the others.

The Daily Heil seems to want anyone but Rishi, so I guess he is maybe the least awful.

Indeed.

A fair number of staunch Brexiteers in the running.

Truss being backed by Dories and Rees Mogg and Morduant by Andrea Loathsome.

Bleax GIF - Dry Heave Throw Up Vomit GIFs