The Politics Thread

shull

You should apoplectic because of the lack of punctuation in those cartoons. Have you mellowed? Or has that t-shirt I told you about just overloaded your good-grammar receptors? [emoji1787]

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:

You should apoplectic because of the lack of punctuation in those cartoons. Have you mellowed? Or has that t-shirt I told you about just overloaded your good-grammar receptors? emoji1787.png

I cut some slack when it’s art.

otherwise I’d (be) apoplectic constantly.  :)

On 10/6/2022 at 4:34 PM, beyond our ken said:

how many has she killed then?  someone weighs in with a hyped comment and the measured respose is to compare her to a serial killer?.  You are as bad as her

How many has she killed? God only knows if her attitude is not to resuscitate people who disagree with her politics. I comment on here because it’s the general nonsense section, I come here for the irreverence not deep and meaningful debates about life and death, I get enough of that in my day job. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

It’s been a fun evening!

live on C4 news: the Chief Tory Whip quit when told that the 3 line whip in which they FORCED Tory MPs to go totally against their previous promises… was…. Aaaah… not really Such a big deal by a government minister… just before the vote.

I’d imagine that a new flood of Tory MPs who must now explain to their electorate that they’d just voted in favour of fracking as it was an acceptable idea, might have already this evening written letters of Truss-quit to the 1922 Committee!!  :lol:

At least 4 Tory MPs based in potential fracking constituencies had already decided to defy the Whip.

“Two candidates sought”, say the people explaining their proposed stitch-up.

Looks to me like the men in suits are trying frame it as a battle between old-style Tories versus the nut-job, ERG financed fruitcakes.

About time, too.  The Buffoon and now the “Paisley Lassie” (and a platoon of similar right-wing basturts) have almost caused me to reflect fondly on past Tories.

Not Thatcher, though, never that destructive coo. :angry:

in reality, the best thing for ALL folk in the UK would be another General Election.

5 hours ago, antrin said:

“Two candidates sought”, say the people explaining their proposed stitch-up.

Looks to me like the men in suits are trying frame it as a battle between old-style Tories versus the nut-job, ERG financed fruitcakes.

About time, too.  The Buffoon and now the “Paisley Lassie” (and a platoon of similar right-wing basturts) have almost caused me to reflect fondly on past Tories.

Not Thatcher, though, never that destructive coo. :angry:

in reality, the best thing for ALL folk in the UK would be another General Election.

I know what you mean, never voted Tory but always thought John major was half decent.