The Politics Thread

shull

40 minutes ago, Slarti said:
4 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Aye, thanks for that Mel Gibson. emoji38.png

"Rebellious Scots to crush" comes from the 6th verse of the British national anthem. It mentions Marshall Wade and is therefore obviously about the 1745 Jocobite uprising, not about William Wallace (portrayed by Mel Gibson on film). Please amend your belittlement accordingly, lest you appear uneducated.

Away and play on the motorway. 

I hope this helps. 😴😴😴

2 hours ago, Slarti said:
5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

"Rebellious Scots to crush" comes from the 6th verse of the British national anthem. It mentions Marshall Wade and is therefore obviously about the 1745 Jocobite uprising, not about William Wallace (portrayed by Mel Gibson on film). Please amend your belittlement accordingly, lest you appear uneducated.

That verse has now been officially removed as of September 2022.

https://nation.cymru/news/no-rebellious-scots-in-new-official-version-of-god-save-the-king-sung-by-katherine-jenkins/

Please amend your belittlement accordingly, lest you appear uneducated. 😂  

3 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

https://nation.cymru/news/no-rebellious-scots-in-new-official-version-of-god-save-the-king-sung-by-katherine-jenkins/

2 hours ago, Slarti said:
5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

"Rebellious Scots to crush" came from the 6th verse of the British national anthem. It mentioned Marshall Wade and was therefore obviously about the 1745 Jocobite uprising, not about William Wallace (portrayed by Mel Gibson on film). Please amend your belittlement accordingly, lest you appear uneducated.

Does that suffice? :D

I thought I had heard something about it being removed but I couldn't find anything.  The only thing I could find was that it had been looked at about a decade ago but they decided to leave it alone.  According to that piece, it looked like Parliament would have the say on whether it was changed, not Buck House, so I don't know how "official" that editing of the lyrics is.  On the other hand, this says there is "no authorised version of the National Anthem as the words are a matter of tradition", so who knows.

16 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Got to be the worse National anthem ever would make your ears bleed  💩

6 minutes ago, Slarti said:

To be fair, most national anthems are like that.

Russian German Wales are top class England's is up there as one of the worse, Flower of Scotland is not a lot better to me, but for some reason it's very popular with others and not just in this country.

Personal choice of course, 

Faraway loves God save the King/Queen one of his neighbours told me he can often be heard singing it in his man cave. and still belts out the 6th verse {officially removed my arse} 

Russian German Wales are top class England's is up there as one of the worse, Flower of Scotland is not a lot better to me, but for some reason it's very popular with others and not just in this country.
Personal choice of course, 
Faraway loves God save the King/Queen one of his neighbours told me he can often be heard singing it in his man cave. and still belts out the 6th verse {officially removed my arse} 
Not this one [emoji41]

Do I really need to post the definition of "most"? [emoji849]

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Wee Nicky gets a well deserved standing ovation on her last day at work today. :happyclapper

Herr list of acheivements was quite something and she only really git started on that.  Noticeable that the cameras panning around the debating chamber failed to pick up the conservative benches as they recorded the ovation.  Douglas Ross is one of the worst losers ever to occupy a political position

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Herr list of acheivements was quite something and she only really git started on that.  Noticeable that the cameras panning around the debating chamber failed to pick up the conservative benches as they recorded the ovation.  Douglas Ross is one of the worst losers ever to occupy a political position

Reasonable comparison. :rolleyes:

Adolf Hitler | Biography, Rise to Power, & Facts | Britannica

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I hate that c**t Ross with a passion would never tire of punching his face in .

• 2 weeks later...